#21 M.X.M.

M.X.M.

@WeCarpeDiem

• 3,845 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:Early 2000s
  • Fav. Laker:Retired #

Posted June 24, 2016 - 06:51 AM

i want that lakers hat Ingram is wearing. 

• eZZy likes this

IG: @WeCarpeDiem 

Twitter: @WeCarpeDiem

#22 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 11,444 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 24, 2016 - 06:54 AM

looking for drastic improvement from Randle

LOL...aren't we all?  And I'm not just talking about him.  I think we are hoping for big things from Russell and Clarkson as well.  Whether people admit it or not, Kobe stole some of last year from them.  That's not to say they didn't improve or grow as players because of Kobe...they did.  But not nearly to the extent they could have.

So I'm hoping they all take every opportunity this summer to do whatever it takes to get better as individuals AND as a team.  Some don't see SL as important and that's fine.  For me, I think it's one of those places a young team can steal valuable BONDING time, developing chemistry and an identity.  That's as important as individual growth and individual workouts for young players in an offense that depends on TEAM WORK.

Mitch just said that the D-Fenders are not in the picture for Zubac... prefer in this years summer league

Wow...they are treating him like a 1-and-done college Freshman...and a LOTTERY pick 1-and-done freshman at that...

I've got a feeling they think they have a steal...and I trust their "feelings".

7511301026_4a46afba50.jpg

Trust in Mitch

#23 M.X.M.

M.X.M.

@WeCarpeDiem

• 3,845 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:Early 2000s
  • Fav. Laker:Retired #

Posted June 24, 2016 - 07:20 AM

Is Tarik Black FA? Whats the word with him? I want him back, plays hard defense, great around the rim.

IG: @WeCarpeDiem 

Twitter: @WeCarpeDiem

#24 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 24,681 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted June 24, 2016 - 09:21 AM

e9RDRq7.gif

• Tensai, DanishLakerFan, JGuez and 6 others like this

#25 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 4,801 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted June 24, 2016 - 12:18 PM

e9RDRq7.gif

hahahahaha this is priceless!!!

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#26 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 2,995 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted June 24, 2016 - 01:04 PM

Is Tarik Black FA? Whats the word with him? I want him back, plays hard defense, great around the rim.

I would prefer to have bass as the back up tbh. Tarik is oaky but prefer bass

#27 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 53,110 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 24, 2016 - 01:08 PM

We have a Team Option on Black I think. 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#28 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,046 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 24, 2016 - 01:22 PM

We have a Team Option on Black I think. 

http://www.spotrac.c...rs/tarik-black/

This site is pretty good for looking up contract info on lesser known players.  Usually red symbolizes a team option but this site uses it for qualifying options.  Black has a QO for 1.18M next season.  I'm positive the Lakers will extend it to him and make him a RFA.  And I don't really see him getting a ton of interest from other teams in free agency so I think it's likely he comes back for one more year or perhaps the Lakers even lock him up long term for cheap.     

Edited by lakerfan98, June 24, 2016 - 01:45 PM.

#29 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 53,110 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 24, 2016 - 02:18 PM

Black is a necessity to re-sign. Cheap re-sign and he gives us a center option, especially if we struck out in FA.  He's also an ideal type of center for the offense we'll be running. 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#30 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 2,242 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted June 24, 2016 - 02:55 PM

LOL...aren't we all?  And I'm not just talking about him.  I think we are hoping for big things from Russell and Clarkson as well.  Whether people admit it or not, Kobe stole some of last year from them.  That's not to say they didn't improve or grow as players because of Kobe...they did.  But not nearly to the extent they could have.

So I'm hoping they all take every opportunity this summer to do whatever it takes to get better as individuals AND as a team.  Some don't see SL as important and that's fine.  For me, I think it's one of those places a young team can steal valuable BONDING time, developing chemistry and an identity.  That's as important as individual growth and individual workouts for young players in an offense that depends on TEAM WORK.

Wow...they are treating him like a 1-and-done college Freshman...and a LOTTERY pick 1-and-done freshman at that...

I've got a feeling they think they have a steal...and I trust their "feelings".

Kobe didn't steal any minutes from them, he (Byron, let them know in this league you "earn it")  Kobes' work ethic and pain tolerance should immediately be in the HOF! I would have both the number two and thirty two play D League for a bit no need to throw them to the wolves. S.L. is cool but limited, very short. Glad to see a big at 32. Too much small ball talk, for small to work you need gifted players on both ends. If you limit the opponets scoring you don''t have to work as hard to score yourself. Ingram seems very poised for a youngster. He will get tired of questions on size soon. Good Luck Brandon what number you going for? 

Edited by DaSmoothOperator, June 24, 2016 - 02:56 PM.

#31 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 11,444 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 24, 2016 - 03:15 PM

Kobe didn't steal any minutes from them, he (Byron, let them know in this league you "earn it")  Kobes' work ethic and pain tolerance should immediately be in the HOF! I would have both the number two and thirty two play D League for a bit no need to throw them to the wolves. S.L. is cool but limited, very short. Glad to see a big at 32. Too much small ball talk, for small to work you need gifted players on both ends. If you limit the opponets scoring you don''t have to work as hard to score yourself. Ingram seems very poised for a youngster. He will get tired of questions on size soon. Good Luck Brandon what number you going for? 

7511301026_4a46afba50.jpg

Trust in Mitch

#32 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 20,241 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 27, 2016 - 11:42 AM

Details aren't final. But Brandon Ingram and Ivica Zubac plan to be here sometime next week for their introductory press conference in LA

• DeeZee and JGuez like this

#33 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 15,801 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted June 27, 2016 - 11:50 AM

Imagine if like Nance and Clarkson, Ivica actually had rotation player potential.

If Ingram and Russell approximate All Stars, and Randle and Clarkson can be "All stars on any other team" type players... Then the contributions of others just have to be on defensive/hustle/glue guys end of the spectrum

#34 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 20,241 posts

Posted June 27, 2016 - 01:03 PM

With the addition of Brandon Ingram, three Lakers will don red, white and blue for this year's USA Select Team

proxy.jpg?t=HBhPaHR0cDovL2kuY2RuLnR1cm5l

• DeeZee, M.X.M., JGuez and 3 others like this

#35 Lightsoutwilly

Lightsoutwilly

Off The Bench

• 2,194 posts
  • Name:William
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted June 27, 2016 - 01:28 PM

Black is a necessity to re-sign. Cheap re-sign and he gives us a center option, especially if we struck out in FA. He's also an ideal type of center for the offense we'll be running.

Correct...

#36 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 20,241 posts

Posted June 30, 2016 - 09:15 PM

The Vertical ‏@TheVertical

1 @WojVerticalNBA: Lakers, Timofey Mozgov have agreed to four-year, $64 million deal.

Lakers and Timofey Mozgov have reached agreement on a multi-year deal, league source tells @CBSSports. @WojVerticalNBA reports 4 yrs, $64m.

Edited by Lakersfan1211, June 30, 2016 - 09:17 PM.

#37 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,046 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted June 30, 2016 - 09:28 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=1fuWH0dYago

• androsays and la1904 like this

#38 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 15,801 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted June 30, 2016 - 09:33 PM

I like him. In the GS comparison, he's David Lee. Won't be around by the time the kids are 25ish

#39 la1904

la1904

Rookie

• 354 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, swaggy p

Posted June 30, 2016 - 11:13 PM

Lol depression sets in. I like him but not for 65 mill. Wtf man . Smh

#40 DTIII™

DTIII™

"I am one with the force, the force is with me."

• 5,609 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Julius, D'Angelo & Jordan

Posted June 30, 2016 - 11:59 PM

Jordan ain't goin anywhere

Jordan Clarkson has reached agreement on a four-year, $50M deal to return to the Los Angeles Lakers, league sources tell The Vertical.

• K-Kris likes this

EyMlHkX.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lakers

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)