#321 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,372 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 19, 2016 - 09:16 AM

I'm amazed at the arrogance you put on display here, but you hit the nail right on its head.

Points were conceded.  Arguments were destroyed.  Debates were lost.  I know this because he actually had the arrogant presumption to say it lol   

• lonlyamongus likes this

#322 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 12,952 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 19, 2016 - 01:04 PM

I'm amazed at the arrogance you put on display here, but you hit the nail right on its head.

You shouldn't be.  I reflect the tone and demeanor of what's said to me.  I'm rarely the aggressor so you need to ask yourself what you're putting out.

I think a lot of posters here agree with most of your take on Randle with the main hangup being that you seem to feel some great sense of urgency to trade him immediately and others do not.  For you last year's trade deadline was the time to cut him loose and other people want to see what he can do with Luke and vice versa before judging him completely.   

You keep saying that I like it matters.  My OPINION of when we should or shouldn't trade him is JUST MY OPINION.  It's sad that you let that affect how you see the rest of my posts.

I mean seriously, dude.  Why does MY OPINION matter so much?

You ever asked yourself that?  Why do you feel the need to let me know how people see me or what they think of me?  You REALLY think you're doing something important?

It's an opinion.  If you disagree, disagree.  If you're tired of hearing it, just don't come in this THREAD!  LOL...but as long as the board is FREE to express their OPINIONS, I will express mine appropriately.

I express my opinion about Randle, fervently (admittedly).  Why does that matter to you?

DO you.  If you disagree with all or part of my opinion, I respect that.  If you hate me and don't care what I think, I respect that.  Just don't tell me HOW I should express my opinion or what you'd LIKE me to say.

Points were conceded.  Arguments were destroyed.  Debates were lost.  I know this because he actually had the arrogant presumption to say it lol   

Arrogance?  I'm cool with that.  I call it confidence.  If you CAN dispute what I said, go for it.  No one's stopping you.

tenor.gif

#323 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,558 posts

Posted June 19, 2016 - 05:53 PM

You shouldn't be.  I reflect the tone and demeanor of what's said to me.  I'm rarely the aggressor so you need to ask yourself what you're putting out.

C'mon, on this subject you surely are the aggressor. But we wont agree on Randle - you want him gone, i want to roll the dice and see what he can do. So lets just leave it at that.

#324 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 12,952 posts

Posted June 19, 2016 - 06:06 PM

C'mon, on this subject you surely are the aggressor. But we wont agree on Randle - you want him gone, i want to roll the dice and see what he can do. So lets just leave it at that.

Aggressive in my tone towards anyone personally?  No, I try my best not to snap at people and if I do, I try to apologize.  Am I passionate about RANDLE's fit and it's affect on the roster?  Yes.  If you can't separate the 2, I suggest we not have lengthy discussions.  I doubt I'm going to change that.

tenor.gif

#325 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,558 posts

Posted June 19, 2016 - 06:35 PM

Aggressive in my tone towards anyone personally?  No, I try my best not to snap at people and if I do, I try to apologize.  Am I passionate about RANDLE's fit and it's affect on the roster?  Yes.  If you can't separate the 2, I suggest we not have lengthy discussions.  I doubt I'm going to change that.

That fair.

For the record, i never argued that you wouldn't end up being right in your analysis. My whole point is about gambling on the upside. To me it's just too early to throw in the towel and if you cant get something back that you just as easily can acquire in free agency, i think its safer to roll the dice on his upside and cheap deal and hope for the best. That may result in us being disappointed, but that's ok. I can easily live with us being disappointed that an assets value went from mediocre to slightly worse. That's better than trading away a player that could be really good too early.

• GCMD, lakerfan98 and lonlyamongus like this

#326 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 12,952 posts

Posted June 19, 2016 - 06:52 PM

That fair.

For the record, i never argued that you wouldn't end up being right in your analysis. My whole point is about gambling on the upside. To me it's just too early to throw in the towel and if you cant get something back that you just as easily can acquire in free agency, i think its safer to roll the dice on his upside and cheap deal and hope for the best. That may result in us being disappointed, but that's ok. I can easily live with us being disappointed that an assets value went from mediocre to slightly worse. That's better than trading away a player that could be really good too early.

I'm actually cool with that.  I don't know why people assume I'm going to constantly bash Randle.  If Luke wants him, I'll give him a chance.  If they can fit him in, I'll be HAPPY to be wrong.

See Russell.  I was against drafting him but once he proved himself, I've been a staunch supporter of KEEPING him and building AROUND him.

If Randle proves he's a guy that makes us better, I will be ECSTATIC.   I just don't see it yet.  I'd rather not pretend it will be ok and be pleasantly surprised than hope for something I know has little to no chance of working out.

• Klewfish, DanishLakerFan and lonlyamongus like this

tenor.gif

#327 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,778 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 19, 2016 - 07:43 PM

Seeing GSW lose...I feel even more strongly about having competent bigs to complement 1-3 shooters.

Having Randle + Whiteside to gobble up all the rebounds and wreak havoc in the paint. Russell/Clarkson/Ingram to rain 3's (Randle still requires a lot of work). 

#328 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 12,952 posts

Posted June 19, 2016 - 08:09 PM

Seeing GSW lose...I feel even more strongly about having competent bigs to complement 1-3 shooters.

Having Randle + Whiteside to gobble up all the rebounds and wreak havoc in the paint. Russell/Clarkson/Ingram to rain 3's (Randle still requires a lot of work). 

I agree about Whiteside.  I've been saying that we need both a starting PF and C in free agency.

I don't count Randle as a starting level BIG because he lacks post moves and he doesn't have a 3 to stretch the floor.  He's a 3 (in his mind and his approach to the game) in a 4/5 body.

tenor.gif

#329 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,778 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 19, 2016 - 08:22 PM

I'm not worried about post moves -- we'll see that over time.  A 3-point shot is questionable, but he should be able to have an average midrange game eventually. 

Starting C we definitely need because Hibbert is trash and Black is a backup 5 at best. More specifically, an elite defender/rebounder at the 5 would be optimal. And if he can score in the post, even better. All those qualities point to Whiteside. 

#330 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 12,952 posts

Posted June 20, 2016 - 11:57 AM

I'm not worried about post moves -- we'll see that over time.  A 3-point shot is questionable, but he should be able to have an average midrange game eventually. 

Starting C we definitely need because Hibbert is trash and Black is a backup 5 at best. More specifically, an elite defender/rebounder at the 5 would be optimal. And if he can score in the post, even better. All those qualities point to Whiteside. 

Only if he works on them...that's not a given.  Let me clarify this.  I'm not implying Randle is lazy.  I'm saying his focus may be on his perimeter skills because that's how he sees himself.

Will be important to see/hear what Luke has to say and what Randle says after OFFICIALLY discussing his role in this offense with Luke.  That's when you will find out what he does to become the player he needs to become.

Edited by GCMD, June 20, 2016 - 01:48 PM.

tenor.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Julius Randle, fit, potential, trade

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users