#281 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,578 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted June 13, 2016 - 08:25 AM

Even if he shoots 40% from mid-range?

that's irrelevant, we have seem much better players than Randle try to lead a team with a similar playstyle/mindset and the team never wins.

#282 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,461 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo AND LEBRON!

Posted June 13, 2016 - 08:40 AM

If Randle leads the team in scoring, we won't win more than 30 games!

I agree.

OTOH i don't see any more wins if Clarkson or D'Lo lead team in scoring.

Which would mean we've struck out on FA acquisition and or trade for a superstar or all star.

Kind of crazy to think a major get (like Lebron or KD however unlikely) is good for maybe +20 wins next season.

Not sure any other combination of players other than those 2 get us more than 40 or so

Excited for  1. Lebron! (Still love me some Kobe, but damn this guy is amazing) 2. Another big get (Whether in FA or in a trade we need some attractions and closers) 3. Young Guys making big jump (Assuming we have anyone left after more necessary moves either genius ones or in desperation)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#283 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,968 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 13, 2016 - 08:49 AM

You don't want Randle leading the team in scoring in this offense. 

• GCMD likes this

#284 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,168 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 13, 2016 - 09:34 AM

And you are ready to give up your young player who was able to put up 11.3 ppg / 10.2 rpg / 1apg in his first year for a play you can just sign if he wants come here in a sign and trade. I bet you will trade Randle for a bag of Doritos. 

There is truly no hate for Randle meant or implied.  I see and saw something some people choose to ignore:  Randle is a feature player who will not make a team better as a #1 option.  He's also the exact opposite of what this team needs for this offense.

My desire to ship him out is because of my love for the Lakers.  I was a fan of Shaq LONG before Kobe was even in the NBA or a senior in High School (got his autograph while I was stationed in Orlando) but when the time came and Kobe was better for the Lakers going forward, I sided with Kobe.

Lakers Fan here...no allegiance to any one player if he doesn't help the TEAM.

Randle has a pretty good chance to even lead the team in scoring next season if we don't nab big time FA (rebounds seems like a lock).

Can't wait for all the negative posts from the anti randles if that happens (sarcasm)

If Randle leads the team in scoring, Luke will have been fired very early in the season and the Lakers will lead the league in ISOs by a wide margin...not gonna happen.

That is very feasible if he develops a consistent Jump shot. And that I believe he can if he works on it, because there is no much wrong with his shooting form. In fact his shooting form is way better than Greens shooting form right now ( i know will take some heat for saying this).

Not even if he develops an NBA 3 will he lead this team in scoring...if he does, Luke will have failed completely as a coach and his ability to teach this offense will have been 0 (zero)...

Randle is NOT Kobe.

You don't want Randle leading the team in scoring in this offense. 

You don't want Randle leading this team in scoring period unless he averages 10FTs per game and takes all of his shots from 15ft and in.

If he's leading the team in scoring in this offense, something has gone horribly wrong...or his brain has been replaced by small grey aliens...(LOL).

tenor.gif

#285 lonlyamongus

lonlyamongus

Off The Bench

• 2,234 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Eddie Jones, Kobe

Posted June 16, 2016 - 04:08 PM

Randle is a battering ramp and he was used as such in college. 

His fit may not be the best for the team, but down the stretch you need something to happen, a good battering ramp often is a good option to have.

as long as Luke can preach Randle into team ball for the most part and still keep his bullying game, i don't see why we need to get rid of him.

GSW right now is missing that battering ramp type of player when their shots ain't falling.  

• lakerfan98 likes this

-------------------------------------------------------------

There no pure haters or pure fans.  It's just the ignorant and the observant.  The pure haters and pure fans are the ignorant, while the rest are the less observant or the more observant. 

#286 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,874 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 16, 2016 - 04:27 PM

Had the Lakers been a playoff contending team, I would look to trade Randle immediately.  However, being that we are in a rebuilding phase, we may aswell give him another season or two in hopes that he does develop a relatively consistent mid range jump shot if not beyond.  If he does so, he'll be a huge force to be reckoned with.

His shot form and base doesn't show much promise, but let's see what the training staff and development can do.  Many people on this forum say Ben Simmons can develop a jumper so let's give Randle the chance to as well.  

#287 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,168 posts

Posted June 16, 2016 - 04:56 PM

His fit may not be the best for the team, but down the stretch you need something to happen, a good battering ramp often is a good option to have.

as long as Luke can preach Randle into team ball for the most part and still keep his bullying game, i don't see why we need to get rid of him.

GSW right now is missing that battering ramp type of player when their shots ain't falling.  

You say the same about Okafor who is a better offensive player and would NOT take the ball away from the guards on the perimeter...and plays in a more efficient manner.

tenor.gif

#288 lonlyamongus

lonlyamongus

Off The Bench

• 2,234 posts

Posted June 16, 2016 - 05:40 PM

You say the same about Okafor who is a better offensive player and would NOT take the ball away from the guards on the perimeter...and plays in a more efficient manner.

Okafor is suppose to be the next Dream on the offensive end, he is not the battering ramp, he was designed to be the number 1 or 2 option.  Randle in a perfect system would be 3-4 option, or during a time when shooters are cold to keep the offensive going.  They are completely different roles.   

There no pure haters or pure fans.  It's just the ignorant and the observant.  The pure haters and pure fans are the ignorant, while the rest are the less observant or the more observant. 

#289 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,996 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 16, 2016 - 07:25 PM

No joke I have had this exact thought and have not brought it up just to avoid another pointless Randle debate lol.  I don't think he's the best overall fit but I agree that sometimes when those 3s aren't falling and the team is going through a long scoring drought you need a guy to iso and get a couple tough baskets.  

#290 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,968 posts

Posted June 16, 2016 - 08:28 PM

No joke I have had this exact thought and have not brought it up just to avoid another pointless Randle debate lol.  I don't think he's the best overall fit but I agree that sometimes when those 3s aren't falling and the team is going through a long scoring drought you need a guy to iso and get a couple tough baskets.  

I brought this up many times when debating with GCMD, but it was always ignored. Randle iso'ing every time is bad basketball, but if he can control when to iso, that's something a team can use when they're struggling to score on the perimeter. 

GT, one of the most knowledgeable Laker fans, believes Randle can quickly learn the basic team elements, such as setting screens and playing cohesive basketball. I don't know about "quickly" or that he'll learn it, but you definitely have to see how he fares under Luke. 

He was able to score down low, although not always pretty, with absolutely no 3-point shot or midrange game. Spacing the floor only opens up the lane for him to score in the post even more. 

• lakerfan98 likes this

#291 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,168 posts

Posted June 16, 2016 - 08:30 PM

Okafor is suppose to be the next Dream on the offensive end, he is not the battering ramp, he was designed to be the number 1 or 2 option.  Randle in a perfect system would be 3-4 option, or during a time when shooters are cold to keep the offensive going.  They are completely different roles.   

Randle has NEVER been a 2nd option...you're suggesting he turn into a 3rd/4th option?  LOL

And Randle is an OFFENSIVE FOUL waiting to happen, not a battering ram.  Okafor is a BATTERING RAM.  He backs people down and abuses them in the post.  Randle tries to run thru people.

Are you SERIOUSLY suggesting that's a role in BASKETBALL?  Running back in the NFL?  Sure.  Basketball?  So now, we should CREATE a role that does NOT EXIST to keep Randle as a 3rd/4th option?

Seriously?  This sounds like a good idea?

Who is that guy for the reigning NBA Champions?

How does that work in this offense?

Do you care or is it just a good idea to keep Randle?

If Randle was like Okafor, would it be best to keep him because HE CAN GET YOU ISO BUCKETS?

Seriously...you guys are just making stuff up to fit what you WANT...in NO WAY is this a good idea...and what about LOU?  Doesn't he fit the same perimeters?  If we have Lou, who is a MUCH better offensive player, why do we need Randle to do the same thing?

tenor.gif

#292 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,168 posts

Posted June 16, 2016 - 08:36 PM

I brought this up many times when debating with GCMD, but it was always ignored. Randle iso'ing every time is bad basketball, but if he can control when to iso, that's something a team can use when they're struggling to score on the perimeter. 

Because it's SILLY.  Basketball is a team sport.  WHY would I even ENTERTAIN a specialized ISO role player?

GT, one of the most knowledgeable Laker fans, believes Randle can quickly learn the basic team elements, such as setting screens and playing cohesive basketball. I don't know about "quickly" or that he'll learn it, but you definitely have to see how he fares under Luke. 

This is silly to even argue over again...dead horse.  Randle isn't Green...he's not built like a player who wants or can play without the ball in his hands.

But by all means, believe everything you hear that supports what you WANT TO BELIEVE...

He was able to score down low, although not always pretty, with absolutely no 3-point shot or midrange game. Spacing the floor only opens up the lane for him to score in the post even more. 

Randle's post game is VERY RAW.  And he doesn't even ATTEMPT to post up.  When he does, he plays WAY below the rim and can't seem to NOT run thru the defender...this sounds like a good idea?

tenor.gif

#293 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,968 posts

Posted June 16, 2016 - 08:53 PM

Your first reply doesn't counter my point at all. As of your second point, I never made a Randle and Green comparison. You should know that from our previous discussions. Score in the post is not exclusive to a post game or running through a defender. 

#294 lonlyamongus

lonlyamongus

Off The Bench

• 2,234 posts

Posted June 16, 2016 - 10:32 PM

Randle has NEVER been a 2nd option...you're suggesting he turn into a 3rd/4th option?  LOL

What is he this year? 

And Randle is an OFFENSIVE FOUL waiting to happen, not a battering ram.  Okafor is a BATTERING RAM.  He backs people down and abuses them in the post.  Randle tries to run thru people.

See Lebron and his freight train.   Once Bogut was out, no one on the Warriors can stop his train wrecking the paint for the taking.  

Are you SERIOUSLY suggesting that's a role in BASKETBALL?  Running back in the NFL?  Sure.  Basketball?  So now, we should CREATE a role that does NOT EXIST to keep Randle as a 3rd/4th option?

It is an analogy for his role, a threat against the paint is always good to have.  As a coach you want the roster to have multiple weapons that can attack from all vectors.  

If Randle was like Okafor, would it be best to keep him because HE CAN GET YOU ISO BUCKETS?

Seriously...you guys are just making stuff up to fit what you WANT...in NO WAY is this a good idea...and what about LOU?  Doesn't he fit the same perimeters?  If we have Lou, who is a MUCH better offensive player, why do we need Randle to do the same thing?

You are bloating Randle's weakness beyond proportions for what?  Just so you can trade him for a worthless swingman?  A guy who can bully the paint is still a rare commodity, only a few can do it in the league.  You want to give him up before even trying to fit him into the offense is ridiculous.  If he doesn't work out, no one would have any problem trading him.  But as a logical fan i would want to give him a chance for the new system.  before trading his talent for a less but more refined role.  GSW system is nice and all but right now w/o a good C and solid paint presence they are struggling, and was struggling in the WCF against OKC.  You bet Kerr won't mind a player of Randle's talent right now in his roster.   Howard made it to the finals with bunch of shooters because he can roll to the basket hard and he can bully other players.  He doesn't have any post moves, but just pure physicality that out muscled most of other players.  Offensively Randle's traits are not serious flaws, his defense probably would cause more concerns than his offense. 

#295 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,578 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted June 17, 2016 - 05:44 AM

We're gonna have a ball hogging iso PF that stands around the perimeter as our 3rd/4th option?

I agree that GCMD gets carried away with his rants on this topic but that statement is ridiculous.
  • GCMD likes this

#296 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,168 posts

Posted June 17, 2016 - 06:07 AM

Your first reply doesn't counter my point at all. As of your second point, I never made a Randle and Green comparison. You should know that from our previous discussions. Score in the post is not exclusive to a post game or running through a defender.

We are rebuilding a team from the ground up. 3rd and 4th options are not relevant.

If Randle going out helps us BUILD the BASE offense, that's infinitely more important than him becoming a good role player that operates outside of the offense down the line.

These are the basics of a rebuild. Your statements sound more like fear of trading him than him being a meaningful asset to building the FOUNDATION of this young team. You're already trying to build a separate team for him before we even get the offense installed.

tenor.gif

#297 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,168 posts

Posted June 17, 2016 - 06:27 AM

What is he this year? 

See Lebron and his freight train.   Once Bogut was out, no one on the Warriors can stop his train wrecking the paint for the taking.  

It is an analogy for his role, a threat against the paint is always good to have.  As a coach you want the roster to have multiple weapons that can attack from all vectors.  

You are bloating Randle's weakness beyond proportions for what?  Just so you can trade him for a worthless swingman?  A guy who can bully the paint is still a rare commodity, only a few can do it in the league.  You want to give him up before even trying to fit him into the offense is ridiculous.  If he doesn't work out, no one would have any problem trading him.  But as a logical fan i would want to give him a chance for the new system.  before trading his talent for a less but more refined role.  GSW system is nice and all but right now w/o a good C and solid paint presence they are struggling, and was struggling in the WCF against OKC.  You bet Kerr won't mind a player of Randle's talent right now in his roster.   Howard made it to the finals with bunch of shooters because he can roll to the basket hard and he can bully other players.  He doesn't have any post moves, but just pure physicality that out muscled most of other players.  Offensively Randle's traits are not serious flaws, his defense probably would cause more concerns than his offense. 

You are basically saying you don't agree with Luke, the GSW system or the direction.

You don't have faith that Russell/Ingram/Clarkson will be enough to build around.

You don't believe that we should play a TEAM ORIENTED game and we NEED a crutch like Kobe was to all of the previous Lakers teams you likely watched...

And I'm giving up?

Yes....I'm giving up on Randle...I am giving up on him because I am COMMITTING to the direction of this team.  I didn't even WANT Luke but I'm supporting what he's going to bring because there is NO WAY we have a CHANCE to succeed building the GSW style system (which took them 4 years) by "hedging our bets".  Randle's simply not worth trying to ride 2 horses because he's not an All World Talent.  If he were, we'd have no problem FLIPPING him for a player like Butler...

Because like someone said "who is more productive than Randle at his salary"?  LOL...amazing that with all of this potential and all of this promise, we couldn't get a top 5 pick...or a STAR in return...or is this "beauty" only in the "eye of the Lakers Fans beholders"?

But I'M bloating Randle's weaknesses?

Let's look at this offense...Randle's weaknesses would standout in most offenses but they are HUGE RED FLAGS in this one.  I'm not making this stuff up:

I'm not the one pushing Randle out.  He IS the odd man out...that's part of the game.  Not every player is right for every offense or every roster.  You guys have just DEMONIZED me for pointing this out to you REPEATEDLY and SOUNDLY.  You may not like the way I put it but it's all facts.

tenor.gif

#298 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,979 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted June 17, 2016 - 06:29 AM

I am wondering if Lakers will have Luke's press conference before the draft?

He will definitely be asked about all of these guys and it would be interesting to get his take on how he sees them fitting.

There is a chance, though, that a trade happens by the draft, and we may not hear from Luke until after.

Don't feed the trolls. 

#299 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,168 posts

Posted June 17, 2016 - 06:31 AM

We're gonna have a ball hogging iso PF that stands around the perimeter as our 3rd/4th option?

I agree that GCMD gets carried away with his rants on this topic but that statement is ridiculous.

These rants are why I started this thread.  People make OUTRAGEOUS comments like this and want to convince themselves it makes sense!  LOL...and when I call shenanigans, they try every trick to make it seem like I'm being irrational.

If I didn't have to fight off 4-5 posters at one time, I wouldn't have a reason to "rant".

tenor.gif

#300 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 8,461 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo AND LEBRON!

Posted June 17, 2016 - 06:38 AM

I am wondering if Lakers will have Luke's press conference before the draft?

He will definitely be asked about all of these guys and it would be interesting to get his take on how he sees them fitting.

There is a chance, though, that a trade happens by the draft, and we may not hear from Luke until after.

Didnt i read the presser will be next week?

Would most likely fall between parade (if they win) and draft imo.

Tues or wed?

Excited for  1. Lebron! (Still love me some Kobe, but damn this guy is amazing) 2. Another big get (Whether in FA or in a trade we need some attractions and closers) 3. Young Guys making big jump (Assuming we have anyone left after more necessary moves either genius ones or in desperation)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Julius Randle, fit, potential, trade

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users