Photo

2016 NBA Finals: Warriors vs. Cavs

NBA Finals

• Please log in to reply
1301 replies to this topic

Poll: Who wins the title? (45 member(s) have cast votes)

Who wins?

1. Warriors in 4 (1 votes [2.22%])

Percentage of vote: 2.22%

2. Warriors in 5 (13 votes [28.89%])

Percentage of vote: 28.89%

3. Warriors in 6 (15 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

4. Warriors in 7 (7 votes [15.56%])

Percentage of vote: 15.56%

5. Cavs in 4 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. Cavs in 5 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Cavs in 6 (7 votes [15.56%])

Percentage of vote: 15.56%

8. Cavs in 7 (2 votes [4.44%])

Percentage of vote: 4.44%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,423 posts
  • Name:Karl
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 30, 2016 - 10:44 PM

Warriors and Cavs Act II

Who do you think will win the title?

I got the Warriors either in six or seven games.

If the Cavs do win the title, then they will do it in six games.

It will be interesting which supporting players will show up in this series...

#2 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,573 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted May 30, 2016 - 11:11 PM

Looking at last years series, no one can stop LeBron from doing what he does on the Warriors. Regardless, they obviously had trouble guarding the Warriors, as does the rest of the league.

As the Inside guys say, it ultimately always comes down to "THE OTHERS". We know what Steph and Klay are gonna do. We know what LeBron and Kyrie are gonna do. Dray and K Love have been the odd ones out in these playoffs, but we all know that they should be clicking for their team in order to win.

I have the Cavs in 6. They're well rested, well coached and have the best player in the league with the most to lose going into this playoff series. If the Warriors lose, they figure out a thing or two and come back next year. If the Cavs lose two in two years, and LeBron loses in the finals for a third straight year, people are gonna start asking questions. Maybe I'm being too sensitive to this, but I truly do believe that this series will have incredible consequences on how LeBron is viewed when it's all said and done.

#3 DTIII™

DTIII™

"I am one with the force, the force is with me."

• 5,759 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Julius, D'Angelo & Jordan

Posted May 30, 2016 - 11:17 PM

I think the Cavs are taking it this year, they're healthy, dudes have stepped up and they're playing as a team.

EyMlHkX.jpg

#4 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted May 30, 2016 - 11:29 PM

This series put Lebron in top 10 territory if he wins it and depends on how he wins it. His performance vs Dallas will forever keep him out of top 3 for me.

ap1.png

#5 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,487 posts

Posted May 31, 2016 - 12:54 AM

My only prediction so far is that this is going 7 games. These teams are a lot closer than people think.

LeBron took this 6 games last year based on his greatness alone. He's going to take it to an extremely greater level this time (not exactly statistically) and I fully believe that based on what I've seen from him these playoffs. He has an off/on switch. He coasts far more often than he should, but game 6 in the TOR series he really took it to another level.

Splash Brothers have been shooting incredible lately and I think Cleveland's D is actually weaker than OKC's (only lately). We might see them break even more series' records in this one. Their shooting (from game 5 on) has literally gotten them to this point.

I think this series will come down to Kyrie and Love vs. Draymond and Klay. One group has been there, the other hasn't. If Klay can continue shooting the way he has, it going to be tough for Cleveland. If Draymond can be Draymond, it's going to be even tougher.

My hunch is that GSW repeats. The biggest obstacle standing in their way is the (simply put) the dominance of LBJ.

Edited by Massacre, May 31, 2016 - 12:55 AM.

• Ventiquattro likes this

#6 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,398 posts

Posted May 31, 2016 - 01:23 AM

I think GS in 5. I think GS has more people to throw at lebron than the cavs have people to throw at curry and klay.

I believe that okc was better equipped to beat GS than Cleveland

I think at most 6 but I believe it'll be 5.
Posted Image

#7 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• Site Admin
  • 15,336 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 31, 2016 - 02:06 AM

The Cavaliers were praying for OKC in the Finals, there's no doubt about it.  Golden State is too versatile, and they will run them ragged along the perimeter.  Same story.

While the role players do matter, LeBron will need to tap into his prime and take over games selfishly to win his third, because the fact is, Irving and Love will not be able to produce enough to counter Klay and Green.

The only way Cleveland finds their way out of that issue?  Defending Klay and Green.  I don't see anyone on that Cleveland team that can do that, and look who will be on Curry.

Golden State has an answer for LeBron, and it's Iguodala.  He won't stop him, but he'll slow him down.

That will be the key to the series, as it was last year, and the Warriors should take it in six games.

• bfc1125roy, MysticBlu~ and Ventiquattro like this

#8 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,559 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted May 31, 2016 - 04:46 AM

I know i’m in the minority here, but i dont think this is going to be a long series. OKC was tough for GS because of their insane length and athleticism, big men who could switch on smaller players as well as two A+ level stars in Russ and KD. OKC really didn’t have a lot of weaknesses that could be attacked, other than themselves not being able to score enough, whereas the Cavs have plenty of holes. Love is a fantastic player, but defensively i think he’s a major liability against this particular team. And they will hunt him down like a dog on every possession. Also, the Cavs’ backcourt is weak defensively and no real match for Klay and Curry. Kyrie will get his, but in a shooting match with Curry he’ll come up short. Lebron is awesome, but he’ll have to battle Iggy, Barnes, Klay and Draymond on every possession.

Warriors in 4 or 5.

• MysticBlu~ and PhillyLaker24 like this

#9 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,540 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted May 31, 2016 - 04:51 AM

Lakers v Celtics 2008. Warriors are Celtics

#10 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,161 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted May 31, 2016 - 05:47 AM

OKC helped GSW win the finals. By making them go down 1-3 in the conf. finals I think the warriors are gonna be honed in and ready to ball for the finals. When a team faces the brink of elimination as the warriors did and then comes back in historic fashion I just think Warriors will be locked in. I pick them in 6. 

People will think GSW has a chink in their armor after that series. However, the team defense OKC played against the spurs and warriors is something CLE is just not built to do, and I think that is the difference maker. CLE cannot play defense nearly as well, and GS offense will most likely be firing on all cylinders. If Derozan and Lowry can drop 60+ on CLE in some games I can only imagine what Klay and Curry will do.

I just hope it is a good series to watch, and I think it will be.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, May 31, 2016 - 06:13 AM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#11 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,573 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted May 31, 2016 - 06:13 AM

I think a lot of you are missing the point that LeBron isn't Durant and Kyrie isn't Westbrook. LeBron is a hell of a lot smarter on the basketball court and Kyrie doesn't shoot his team out of games or play loosely with the ball. 

Also, OKC had almost no shooters outside of Durant and Ibaka. The Cavs are loaded with shooters all over. The Thunder lost games 5-7 because they began trading 3's for 2's and playing loosely with the basketball. I've yet to see a LeBron team do that. 

Edited by bigvee, May 31, 2016 - 06:17 AM.

#12 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,161 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001

Posted May 31, 2016 - 06:17 AM

I think a lot of you are missing the point that LeBron isn't Durant and Kyrie isn't Westbrook. LeBron is a hell of a lot smarter on the basketball court and Kyrie doesn't shoot his team out of games or play loosely with the ball. 

Kyrie also can't play even close to the amount of defense that Westbrook does. Westbrook is always the player with the most hustle on the floor, and while he has mental lapses he brings a lot to the table that Kyrie can't even compare with. 

Lebron is Lebron, plain and simple. However, what I saw this series was Durant being able to deal better with IGGY  than Lebron did because he actually has a reliable jump shot and 3 pt shot. Lebron will be able to muscle his way to the paint and post, you can't stop that. But down the stretch in a close game who you taking to make that jump shot or 3? Durant is someone who I have more faith in taking that shot, and late in games the defense contracts and you have to be able to make shots, jump shots that is. 

OKC defense was superb and it seems to be the unsung part of their run this season. They locked up the spurs and warriors. Two teams that have the best ball movement, and they were able at times to make those offenses just look lost. CLE can't do that, and needs to watch all the tape of OKC to try and replicate that. No team in the last two seasons, short of the Griz last post season for a few games shut down GS like the thunder did. 

Edited by PhillyLaker24, May 31, 2016 - 06:19 AM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#13 Wilt Chamberneezy

Wilt Chamberneezy

Rookie

• 948 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq, Kobe, Fisher,Fox, Horry

Posted May 31, 2016 - 06:59 AM

Warriors in 6. Warriors can guard the Cavs lineup. Cavs can't guard the Warriors lineup.
  • LakerGeezer likes this

#14 martin90

martin90

Off The Bench

• 1,743 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted May 31, 2016 - 07:02 AM

Warriors B2B

#15 MysticBlu~

MysticBlu~

Rookie

• 1,175 posts
  • Name:Jennie

Posted May 31, 2016 - 07:11 AM

Warriors in 6!

#16 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,718 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 31, 2016 - 07:13 AM

sticking with my warriors pick

Posted Image

#17 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,372 posts
  • Name:Ryan

Posted May 31, 2016 - 09:20 AM

Ton of talent on both teams although I'd say the Warriors are better.  They've looked mortal / beatable this postseason though.  Just a hunch but I think the Cavs steal a game in Oakland and win in 6.   

#18 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Sixth Man

• 3,654 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted May 31, 2016 - 10:30 AM

Warriors in 6. Warriors can guard the Cavs lineup. Cavs can't guard the Warriors lineup.

This.  Kyrie is healthy(ier) this year, Love will actually play.  Fry addition was a good one.  So LBJ has alot more help than last year.  But I just dont see how the Cavs can defend these guys well.  Their weakest defense is on the perimeter too.

I dont understand why they didnt address the obvious issues from last year's finals.  I guess they thought once Kyrie and Love were healthy, all issues would go away.  Not really.

Debbie Downer

#19 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted May 31, 2016 - 10:38 AM

Y'all act like Kylie is a pylon on defense lol

ap1.png

#20 ツ  

ツ