Photo

Transform Jordan Clarkson into a 6th man?

• Please log in to reply
542 replies to this topic

#61 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,368 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted May 19, 2016 - 05:10 AM

I'm reading that the Magic would be willing to give Fournier 14 mill and that's about it. They know since a lot of teams have cap that someone will want Fourniers shooting. So I say throw 17 at him and try to get Whiteside. Go forward with Russell Fournier Ingram Randle Whiteside. That's a solid core.

#62 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,157 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted May 19, 2016 - 06:05 AM

I think Clarkson may settle into a 6th man role eventually or could turn into one of the better SGs in the NBA. It's too early to tell yet. Given the current talent he should be starting, but if we acquired an elite SG than Clarkson would make a great 6th man. 

Isn't Clarkson like 26 or so??

#63 Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart

I do the walk of life.

• 2,266 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted May 19, 2016 - 06:06 AM

I agree with Hubie Brown's opinion that in a deep, contending team, Clarkson would come of the bench. Now, we'll see is the scenario where we get someone who is worth benching Clarkson even possible. If we go after Demar, which I'm not a fan of, then Clarkson is most certainly the 6th man.

Impossible is nothing.

#64 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,272 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 19, 2016 - 06:20 AM

Isn't Clarkson like 26 or so??

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#65 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,457 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted May 19, 2016 - 06:41 AM

I'm reading that the Magic would be willing to give Fournier 14 mill and that's about it. They know since a lot of teams have cap that someone will want Fourniers shooting. So I say throw 17 at him and try to get Whiteside. Go forward with Russell Fournier Ingram Randle Whiteside. That's a solid core.

just draft a shooter with our 2nd pick

#66 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,288 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 19, 2016 - 07:20 AM

Ya because any basic 2nd rounder is as good as Evan Fournier

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#67 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,288 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted May 19, 2016 - 07:22 AM

You can tell the way guys turn their nose's up at certain names when they don't mention them that they haven't watched them much.  While I'd be hesistant to over pay Fournier it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world considering he'd fit with the current young guys AND either of Simmons and Ingram.  At some point it's ok to over pay for talent that helps elevate the other guys.  A guy that can give you 13-17 while shooting an elite percentage from deep and versatile offensively is worth it. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#68 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,368 posts

Posted May 19, 2016 - 07:39 AM

You don't know how that second round pick will turn out. Not every second round pick is Draymond Clarkson or Isaiah. Fournier is a proven shooter and can play off the ball just as good with the ball. Like I said if I had to overpay I would most definitely give Fournier about 17. That's better than giving Derozan 20+ and he stops the flow off the offense. Fournier is a more than capable spot up shooter. With Russell attacking the pick and roll having Fournier and Ingram would do wonders. Both are great shooters. You go over the pick Russell can pull up for the shot or if you go under it he can either attack or find Ingram or Fournier for the open 3. Randle can do the same once he works on driving and kicking it back out. Fournier is a sleeper addition that Mitch really needs to hop on.

#69 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,457 posts

Posted May 19, 2016 - 07:41 AM

Ya because any basic 2nd rounder is as good as Evan Fournier

I didn't say that.

#70 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,457 posts

Posted May 19, 2016 - 07:43 AM

You can tell the way guys turn their nose's up at certain names when they don't mention them that they haven't watched them much. While I'd be hesistant to over pay Fournier it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world considering he'd fit with the current young guys AND either of Simmons and Ingram. At some point it's ok to over pay for talent that helps elevate the other guys. A guy that can give you 13-17 while shooting an elite percentage from deep and versatile offensively is worth it.

please enlighten us all mighty watcher of the Orlando Magic!

I'm sure you watch them all the time...much more than everybody else on this forum.

I'm a person that admits when I haven't seen much of a player. I've said it several times or I simply won't comment.

Edited by kidpolean, May 19, 2016 - 07:45 AM.

#71 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,543 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted May 19, 2016 - 08:38 AM

You can tell the way guys turn their nose's up at certain names when they don't mention them that they haven't watched them much.  While I'd be hesistant to over pay Fournier it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world considering he'd fit with the current young guys AND either of Simmons and Ingram.  At some point it's ok to over pay for talent that helps elevate the other guys.  A guy that can give you 13-17 while shooting an elite percentage from deep and versatile offensively is worth it. 

Already have him. His name is Lou Williams

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#72 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,680 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted May 19, 2016 - 08:47 AM

Elite percentage from deep.

Lou doesn't do that

#73 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,566 posts

Posted May 19, 2016 - 09:03 AM

i have an opinion right???

And no nothing is wrong with me!!!!!!

thank you!

55061270.jpg

#74 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,368 posts

Posted May 19, 2016 - 09:09 AM

Already have him. His name is Lou Williams

Um no Lou isn't deadly from 3 like Fournier. Lou is a good shooter but Lou is good being a bench scorer.

#75 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,566 posts

Posted May 19, 2016 - 09:19 AM

If lakers are getting a 2 then lou should be traded. Its hard to maintain 4 man backcourt rotation to meaningful minutes.

However, I see the Lakers rolling with Clarkson as their starting 2 for this year. They may try to max HW and find a good backup 3 and preserve capital for next year.

Edited by Ventiquattro, May 19, 2016 - 09:21 AM.

• LACAS likes this

#76 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,272 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 19, 2016 - 09:42 AM

55061270.jpg

you are one of the most ignorant person on this forum dude..seriously..

just because i have an illusion of how things can workout for our team you immediatly pump it and transform my opinion into some funny topic ..

its uncool

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#77 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,788 posts

Posted May 19, 2016 - 09:47 AM

Well Mitch has spoken about Russell and clarkson being the back court of the future so thinking about who they may sign is a bit unlikely

But I do believe Fournier is a nice fit. Especially if Ingram and Russell become who their potential says they can become
Posted Image

#78 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,431 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted May 19, 2016 - 09:48 AM

Really don't see Russell, Clarkson, and Lou working long term defensively.  Sooner or later Lou has to go.  

• GCMD and LACAS like this

#79 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 13,358 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

You don't know how that second round pick will turn out. Not every second round pick is Draymond Clarkson or Isaiah. Fournier is a proven shooter and can play off the ball just as good with the ball. Like I said if I had to overpay I would most definitely give Fournier about 17. That's better than giving Derozan 20+ and he stops the flow off the offense. Fournier is a more than capable spot up shooter. With Russell attacking the pick and roll having Fournier and Ingram would do wonders. Both are great shooters. You go over the pick Russell can pull up for the shot or if you go under it he can either attack or find Ingram or Fournier for the open 3. Randle can do the same once he works on driving and kicking it back out. Fournier is a sleeper addition that Mitch really needs to hop on.

Only reason you add Fournier is if you're able to move BOTH Lou and Nick...

D-Russ/Huertas

Clarkson/Lou/Nick

Nick/Brown

If you're drafting Ingram (which is most likely), he's the best 3 on the team from day 1 (assuming Nick has worn out his welcome).  You're not going to pay Clarkson anywhere near 7-10M to come off the bench...you already pay Lou that amount and he's likely coming off the bench...so would you pay Fournier twice that amount AND pay 2 other players to back him up?

I get what you're saying and I agree.  Paying EF would not be a bad thing because his skillset is one we could use in this offense...but without a plan to balance the roster, it just doesn't make sense.  Move Lou and Nick and yes, I'm fine with paying 21-24M for 2 SGs (EF/JC) this summer...as long as we are sure we are landing a C in FA and look into trading Randle (with Lou or Nick) for a 4 that makes sense.

tenor.gif

#80 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,680 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Magic need spacing wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more than us.

Mitch never goes after RFAs AND he doesn't overspend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users