Photo

Transform Jordan Clarkson into a 6th man?

• Please log in to reply
531 replies to this topic

#521 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,126 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted March 18, 2017 - 08:11 PM

^

So you're saying D'lo also has been much better than Butler was?

Praying for  1. Youngsters Ballin (Didn't really happen on a consistent basis at all) 2. Miracle Trade (Also didn't happen. And we traded our best player for chump change) 3. Kick Ass Rooks (Zubac exceeded, Ingram tried but disappointed overall)

READY FOR SEASON TO BE OVER!!!

#522 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 7,022 posts

Posted March 18, 2017 - 08:20 PM

In terms of what? Butler didn't start until his 3rd year, and he wasn't given the reigns until the following season. Russell got the green light this year and we saw what happened.

fXlFKv8.gif

#523 kidpolean

kidpolean

All-Star

• 6,796 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted March 18, 2017 - 09:09 PM

Err.. Jimmy Butler averaged 2.6, 8.6, 13.6 with under 15 PER in his first 3 seasons. He became a 20ppg player at age of 25. The age has nothing to do with it. It is about opportunity and inherent dedication to game. Clarkson has that, and has shown he wants to compete. He was unfairly benched this season to promote D'Angelo.

Derozan same. He did not crack the 15 PER in his first 4 seasons and his efficiency and production was even worse than Jordan's. Jordan can be a late bloomer. The question is, will he get the opportunity?

I'm not even gonna pretend to know anything about Butler and Derozan's games early in their careers but I do know about Clarkson's.

He has a ton of holes in his game! His bbiq is awful.

As of right now, Russell is younger and better on both sides of the ball. That's why Russell was put ahead of him.

Edited by kidpolean, March 18, 2017 - 09:09 PM.

• LakeShow1o1 and LACAS like this

#524 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

All-Star

• 6,087 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted March 18, 2017 - 09:10 PM

In terms of what? Butler didn't start until his 3rd year, and he wasn't given the reigns until the following season. Russell got the green light this year and we saw what happened.

Clarkson had the green light all season long but was simply overshined by Lou Williams...  Just because you are not a starter does't mean you're being restricted or limited.  If anything he (Clarkson) had much more offensive freedom in comparison to Russell whom has been in charge of running an offense.

Watching a majority of the games early within the season.  Luke allowed Clarkson to do whatever he pleased on that second unit but he simply was way to inconsistent and as I said, Lou Williams eventually stole the show.  Facing 2nd units and given the freedom he had, Clarkson in his 3rd year should have shown much more consistency.  Instead he's regressed as a playmaker and his 3 shooting % has fallen back to where it was his rookie season.

Clarkson averages 28.2 minutes per game while Russell averages 27.4.  Despite that, Russell averages more points, more assists, more rebounds, and a greater PER....

Edited by LakeShow1o1, March 18, 2017 - 09:11 PM.

• kidpolean and LACAS like this

#525 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 7,022 posts

Posted March 18, 2017 - 09:39 PM

Luke allowed Clarkson to do whatever he wants? When did that happen again? Because all I hear from Luke is to push Russell more and more for that leadership role. Luke never treated JC as an individual once he integrated him to bench. He was treated alongside Ingram, Nance Jr., Lou and Black.

Russell shoots more than JC, and his field goal percentage is 5 percent lower than JC's. I don't care if Russell is supposed to be a better player in vacuum, he certainly has not shown he was capable of handling the PG duties as effective as JC did in his rookie season. Even last night his missed shots became long rebounds which turned into opposing team's fastbreaks.

Clarkson has equally no defensive awareness as Russell. But the team is much more fluid with a guard that can penetrate to the hole. Russell can't and won't do that.

fXlFKv8.gif

#526 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 2,923 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted March 18, 2017 - 11:58 PM

This fan base severely overstates how good Clarkson is.

He's barely better than he was three years ago. He's going to be 25 years old before next season. He can't run an offense or make next level reads and his basketball IQ is awful. He doesn't defend. Dude's PER is under 15! lol

He can get to the cup and score and hit threes. There's no scenario where he develops into some superstar player. None.

I think everyone agrees he isnt going to be a superstar but he isnt a bad player. I see him as a scoring 2 off the bench. His first year he facilitated a lot which i think he learned from Nash but we dont see that anymore. Im also dissapointed in his defense this year but he is on a decent conttact for what he does. I hope by next year we see him improve on those things.

#527 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Legend

• 11,260 posts

Posted March 19, 2017 - 01:12 AM

This fan base severely overstates how good Clarkson is.

He's barely better than he was three years ago. He's going to be 25 years old before next season. He can't run an offense or make next level reads and his basketball IQ is awful. He doesn't defend. Dude's PER is under 15! lol

He can get to the cup and score and hit threes. There's no scenario where he develops into some superstar player. None.

He's not been given the freedom Russell has. Luke has been holding him back until now; now the Lakers finally see that moving forward, Clarkson and Randle are the ones they must build around.

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#528 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 1,459 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:1974
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 19, 2017 - 06:00 AM

He's not been given the freedom Russell has. Luke has been holding him back until now; now the Lakers finally see that moving forward, Clarkson and Randle are the ones they must build around.

Wrong... Moz and Deng.

#529 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,153 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 19, 2017 - 09:15 AM

This is funny. Haha

#530 kidpolean

kidpolean

All-Star

• 6,796 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted March 19, 2017 - 09:20 AM

If we kept Kelly we'd be the 8th seed!

#531 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 15,838 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted March 19, 2017 - 03:03 PM

Sacre sets hard screens. Unlike clumsy Julius

Edited by BasketballIQ, March 19, 2017 - 03:03 PM.

#532 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 15,838 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted March 23, 2017 - 05:20 PM

Pippen Clarkdaughter

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users