Photo

Transform Jordan Clarkson into a 6th man?

• Please log in to reply
541 replies to this topic

#501 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,711 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 17, 2017 - 12:15 AM

Clarkson=trash

Not trash, but not a starter. Best case a high-end backup PG.

#502 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,537 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted March 17, 2017 - 05:18 AM

I'm in the camp that thinks JC breaks out next season.

Clearly the best get to the rack guy we have.

Not afraid of contact.

Not perfect, but neither is anyone on our roster.

Also among the players we have giving the most effort (still not saying much)

Guessing he's the first 20 point scorer of the bunch whether its here or on another team

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#503 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,387 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted March 17, 2017 - 05:19 AM

JC is a solid bench guy, could even be a solid role player having the right solid guys around him that said I would be trading him now while he has stock, as with Randle.

As poor as I think the kids have played they would have been much better surrounded by studs  instead of duds (Moz & Deng). Think Rondo pre KG and Ray...

#504 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,442 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted March 17, 2017 - 06:50 AM

Think Rondo pre KG and Ray...

Didn't Rondo only play his rookie season before they got Allen and KG? I don't believe he even started either, I think Delonte West did.

I agree that solid vet role players would help us tremendously. Especially a quality guard to take pressure off of Russell. A 2 guard that was a great spot up shooter would help as well.

Edited by kidpolean, March 17, 2017 - 06:52 AM.

#505 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,283 posts

Posted March 17, 2017 - 08:36 AM

I'm in the camp that thinks JC breaks out next season.

Clearly the best get to the rack guy we have.

Not afraid of contact.

Not perfect, but neither is anyone on our roster.

Also among the players we have giving the most effort (still not saying much)

Guessing he's the first 20 point scorer of the bunch whether its here or on another team

The thing with Clarkson is that he has the NBA body, athleticism, quickness, speed etc. you name it. When you watch him get those And-1's, it is not surprise. He attacks the rim, not afraid of taking hit and finishes well. And he has that mid range shot too. I mean look at Derozan. He is a late bloomer in a sense but the guy is going to work every single game with consistency. Clarkson can be that dude. I think playing with veterans instead of likes of Ingram, Russell, Randle would have done better for his learning curve. I don't mind giving him 25-30 minutes a night. I think he would deliver at any role.

Russell on the other hand is this sensitive baby that needs perfect of everything to succeed. Not a good player to bank on. I still don't know how we came to promote D'Angelo at the expense of JC.

• LACAS likes this

fXlFKv8.gif

#506 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,387 posts

Posted March 17, 2017 - 08:43 AM

Didn't Rondo only play his rookie season before they got Allen and KG? I don't believe he even started either, I think Delonte West did.

I agree that solid vet role players would help us tremendously. Especially a quality guard to take pressure off of Russell. A 2 guard that was a great spot up shooter would help as well.

You might be right kid, nevertheless Rondo's flaws went unnoticed because of the cast of studs he had around him, solid vets would make these Lakers much better or look better.

• KidRN likes this

#507 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,387 posts

Posted March 17, 2017 - 08:51 AM

The thing with Clarkson is that he has the NBA body, athleticism, quickness, speed etc. you name it. When you watch him get those And-1's, it is not surprise. He attacks the rim, not afraid of taking hit and finishes well. And he has that mid range shot too. I mean look at Derozan. He is a late bloomer in a sense but the guy is going to work every single game with consistency. Clarkson can be that dude. I think playing with veterans instead of likes of Ingram, Russell, Randle would have done better for his learning curve. I don't mind giving him 25-30 minutes a night. I think he would deliver at any role.

I tend to agree with this... this could be the case for all the kids we have, they need solid vets to guide them, lead them and take charge when the s--- gets going. JC could be a Derozan type if he wanted to be, he has the tools  but lacks the right cast.

The problem is we are throwing out the kids to play against men and they are clearly not ready and folding as soon as they feel adversity. A PG or Butler would help this tremendously.

#508 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,673 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted March 17, 2017 - 08:51 AM

Russell is ten times better than Pippen Clarkdaughter

#509 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,566 posts

Posted March 17, 2017 - 09:30 AM

Lol some of you literally bashed Clarkson like not too long ago and now riding his dick. Cool. Just shows you how some of you are so invested in the moment.
  • Rekal likes this

#510 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,387 posts

Posted March 17, 2017 - 10:23 AM

Lol some of you literally bashed Clarkson like not too long ago and now riding his dick. Cool. Just shows you how some of you are so invested in the moment.

Just for the record I wouldn't hesitate to trade him if the right deal came along, I wouldn't blink twice... in case you were referring to me.

Edited by LACAS, March 17, 2017 - 10:33 AM.

#511 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,248 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted March 17, 2017 - 10:41 AM

Clarkson isn't even in the realm of DeRozan...

Prior to this season, I placed alot of potential and upside in Clarkson's game.  Especially considering all the footage I saw of him working in the offseason, he seemed like he would have a splash and finally show that exponential growth and outburst we have been waiting for.

Unfortunately, his defense has shown little to no progression and his 3% percentage and right back to where it was his rookie season.  Clarkson has all the physical intangibles but he just doesn't have the basketball IQ and decision making abilities that will put him over the top.  I like his game and am comfortable with giving him an off-the-bench 6th man type role, but he's really nothing more.

Luke placed him off the bench to begin the season, essentially handing him the keys to the second unit at the point.  Instead he was completely outshined by Lou Williams.

• LACAS likes this

#512 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,537 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted March 17, 2017 - 11:01 AM

Russell on the other hand is this sensitive baby that needs perfect of everything to succeed. Not a good player to bank on. I still don't know how we came to promote D'Angelo at the expense of JC.

JC may end up with a bunch more minutes next year. No Lou and maybe no Swaggy.

This is why i think he might be the lakers leading scorer next year. More minutes. More shots. More responsibility.

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#513 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,566 posts

Posted March 17, 2017 - 11:01 AM

Just for the record I wouldn't hesitate to trade him if the right deal came along, I wouldn't blink twice... in case you were referring to me.

Im not referring to anyone in particular..

• LACAS likes this

#514 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,387 posts

Posted March 17, 2017 - 11:06 AM

Im not referring to anyone in particular..

Cool but I would still trade him LOL.... perhaps my expectations of JC were too high, I really thought he had the tools.

#515 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,387 posts

Posted March 17, 2017 - 11:08 AM

This is why i think he might be the lakers leading scorer next year. More minutes. More shots. More responsibility.

This role is reserved for the Russian.

#516 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Do you wanna tickle my big ol' long toes?

• 11,556 posts

Posted March 17, 2017 - 01:41 PM

Lol some of you literally bashed Clarkson like not too long ago and now riding his dick. Cool. 

photo-4877.jpg?_r=1479970692

You're missing out, my dude. Better than Russell's; that's for damn sure.

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#517 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,673 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted March 17, 2017 - 02:22 PM

Randingo

#518 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted March 18, 2017 - 05:38 PM

This fan base severely overstates how good Clarkson is.

He's barely better than he was three years ago. He's going to be 25 years old before next season. He can't run an offense or make next level reads and his basketball IQ is awful. He doesn't defend. Dude's PER is under 15! lol

He can get to the cup and score and hit threes. There's no scenario where he develops into some superstar player. None.

Edited by PuigNotLate, March 18, 2017 - 05:41 PM.

#519 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,566 posts

Posted March 18, 2017 - 06:49 PM

Well no one said he'd be a superstar. Based on his rookie season, people expected a steady improvement in his game which isn't unrealistic. He hasn't lived up to what people hoped he'd become at this point though. That being said, He had to move to the 2 because of Russell last season and this season Luke made him come off the bench. That's a lot of adjustment to expect anything from him.

Clarkson has been really good since the break, nonetheless.
  • Rekal likes this

#520 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,283 posts

Posted March 18, 2017 - 07:43 PM

Err.. Jimmy Butler averaged 2.6, 8.6, 13.6 with under 15 PER in his first 3 seasons. He became a 20ppg player at age of 25. The age has nothing to do with it. It is about opportunity and inherent dedication to game. Clarkson has that, and has shown he wants to compete. He was unfairly benched this season to promote D'Angelo.

Derozan same. He did not crack the 15 PER in his first 4 seasons and his efficiency and production was even worse than Jordan's. Jordan can be a late bloomer. The question is, will he get the opportunity?

fXlFKv8.gif

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users