Photo

Transform Jordan Clarkson into a 6th man?

• Please log in to reply
531 replies to this topic

#21 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,474 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 18, 2016 - 04:59 PM

Who is DR ?

DeMar DeRozan. Should be DD because I confuse DR with D'Angelo Russell lol

#22 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 24,241 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar

Posted May 18, 2016 - 04:59 PM

Really? DR?  think dude haha

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#23 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 5,848 posts

Posted May 18, 2016 - 05:11 PM

as a player, Demar now is better than Clarkson. But thats irrelevant in comparing both because Russell/Clarkson is a better fit than with Derozan. 

It doesnt make sense to have more than two players (Russell and Randle) who need to dribble the ball to get effective(Russell not so much but he's a PG-supposedly). Yeah Luke may minimize excessive dribbling but when you have limited spots to operate then you're hurting the team. Randle is that player now, why add Derozan?

Thankfully im not a moderator, otherwise I'd ban Derozan to La members lol.

I dont hate the guy at all. Ive stated that I respect his hard work but to think Demar Russell is a good combo is inconceivable. I didnt even mention his absurd price tag.  

#24 kidpolean

kidpolean

All-Star

• 6,796 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted May 18, 2016 - 05:26 PM

I think Demar and Russell would work similarly to Lowry and Demar.

#25 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 5,848 posts

Posted May 18, 2016 - 05:28 PM

I think Demar and Russell would work similarly to Lowry and Demar.

If Lakers intend to play an iso heavy offense like Toronto, sure.

#26 kidpolean

kidpolean

All-Star

• 6,796 posts

Posted May 18, 2016 - 06:08 PM

If Lakers intend to play an iso heavy offense like Toronto, sure.

my point is that it can work. We don't know exactly what offense Luke will run. Having an iso guy could actually be a benefit when he surrounded by shooters. Derozan isn't a ball go or anything.

#27 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 5,848 posts

Posted May 18, 2016 - 06:40 PM

my point is that it can work. We don't know exactly what offense Luke will run. Having an iso guy could actually be a benefit when he surrounded by shooters. Derozan isn't a ball go or anything.

lol no. His midrange and iso game ( which is supposedly his strength) is pretty average. What is it that you like about him? what does he bring to the Lakers ?

Paying 20M or so per is blasphemous for guy who doesnt make the best 40 players in the NBA.

#28 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,106 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted May 18, 2016 - 07:10 PM

If we are going with Ingram [expletive] going after Derozan. I would offer Fournier damn near the max to see if Orlando matches it. Move clarkson to the bench as a 6th man. Russell Fournier and Ingram would be deadly to defend on the perimeter with them on the court at the same time.

#29 Julien

Julien

Off The Bench

• 1,932 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 18, 2016 - 07:21 PM

Let DeRozan in Toronto.
If Luke wants to play an uptempo offense with spacing and ball movement like he said, why give 20+ M to DeRozan?
I think he won't space the floor and will reduce ball movement with iso plays.
Yes he would be an upgrade right now at the 2 and I could be wrong but I'd rather go with Clarkson and see how he develops.
  • Ventiquattro likes this

#30 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,153 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 18, 2016 - 07:35 PM

F55kOhP.jpg

I must have this!!! Where?

#31 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,046 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted May 18, 2016 - 07:44 PM

I was just making a pun because of manaro's use of the word transform lol.  Feel kinda bad now cuz ppl seem to want this haha.  Ebay?  

#32 kidpolean

kidpolean

All-Star

• 6,796 posts

Posted May 18, 2016 - 08:00 PM

If we are going with Ingram [expletive] going after Derozan. I would offer Fournier damn near the max to see if Orlando matches it. Move clarkson to the bench as a 6th man. Russell Fournier and Ingram would be deadly to defend on the perimeter with them on the court at the same time.

lol you would max Fourier?

#33 kidpolean

kidpolean

All-Star

• 6,796 posts

Posted May 18, 2016 - 08:02 PM

lol no. His midrange and iso game ( which is supposedly his strength) is pretty average. What is it that you like about him? what does he bring to the Lakers ?

Paying 20M or so per is blasphemous for guy who doesnt make the best 40 players in the NBA.

you can't name 40 better players! You are biased because you simply don't like him so you down play his abilities. You can't have a good discussion when that happens.

He is on a young team that just made it to the ECF...he's not coming here either way.

I feel no need to argue for Derozan. If we get him than that's simply what happens, if not than cool.

Derozan, Rondo, and Cousins get ridiculous amounts of hate on this forum

Edited by kidpolean, May 18, 2016 - 08:09 PM.

#34 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 11,323 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted May 18, 2016 - 08:06 PM

Being more talented doesn't make him an upgrade for the team.  Clarkson could also improve next year and be as effective as DDR.  The same respect we give CJ McCollum is the same respect we should give Clarkson.  He's going to get his chance to shine in a much better offense after a year of improving his outside shot, something DDR hasn't done.  

At the end of the day Clarkson may never avg 23 ppg for an overrated team but he doesnt need to.  Already works well with Russell, won't cost 25M a year and can already do what DDR does effective enough for me to have faith in his growth as a player. 

DR is better than Clarkson. So he'd be an upgrade. But you'd also be banking on Clarkson never being better than Derozan currently is. At the end of the day that's up to Clarkson to prove.   Just depends if the Lakers have already decided it. 

• LACAS likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#35 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 5,848 posts

Posted May 18, 2016 - 08:08 PM

you can't name 40 better players! You are biased because you simply don't like him so you down play his abilities. You can't have a good discussion when that happens.

He is on a young team that just made it to the ECF...he's not coming here either way.

I feel no need to argue for Derozan. If we get him than that's simply what happens, if not than cool.

LeBron

Kyrie

Love

Lowry

Wade

Bosh

Whiteside

Isiah Thomas

Milsap

Teague

Al horford

Walker

Batum

PG

Drummond

Beal

Wall

Melo

Porzingis

Giannis

Middleton

Lopez

Curry

Thompson

Green

Durant

Russell

Leonard

LA

chris paul

Griffin

Jordan

Butler

Conley

Dirk

Harden

Howard

CJ

Lillard

Cousins

Rondo

KAT

#36 kidpolean

kidpolean

All-Star

• 6,796 posts

Posted May 18, 2016 - 08:09 PM

LeBron
Kyrie
Love
Lowry
Wade
Bosh
Whiteside
Isiah Thomas
Milsap
Teague
Al horford
Walker
Batum
PG
Drummond
Beal
Wall
Melo
Porzingis
Giannis
Middleton
Lopez
Curry
Thompson
Green
Durant
Russell
Leonard
LA
chris paul
Griffin
Jordan
Butler
Conley
Dirk
Harden
Howard
CJ
Lillard
Cousins
Rondo
KAT

WOW...so many reaches on there bro

#37 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 5,848 posts

Posted May 18, 2016 - 08:10 PM

Name them.

#38 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 11,323 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted May 18, 2016 - 08:11 PM

Fournier max and DDR max aren't equal.  Evan Fournier shoots 40 percent from 3 at 5 attempts per game and he can play on or off ball at an effective. 

If I was forced to max one of them considering THIS roster I'd take Fournier over him easily.  It's not about individual talent on it's own.  DDR isn't talented enough to elevate a roster of young guys and he isn't talented enough to bring in if he doesnt fit and expect good results.  

lol you would max Fourier?

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#39 kidpolean

kidpolean

All-Star

• 6,796 posts

Posted May 18, 2016 - 08:17 PM

Teague, Rondo, Walker, Porzingis, Milisap, Howard, Lopez, Middleton, Beal...dude damn near half the list is a reach. I didn't even finish I just got tired of listing names.

Who is CJ?

Edited by kidpolean, May 18, 2016 - 08:19 PM.

#40 kidpolean

kidpolean

All-Star

• 6,796 posts

Posted May 18, 2016 - 08:17 PM

Fournier max and DDR max aren't equal.  Evan Fournier shoots 40 percent from 3 at 5 attempts per game and he can play on or off ball at an effective. 

If I was forced to max one of them considering THIS roster I'd take Fournier over him easily.  It's not about individual talent on it's own.  DDR isn't talented enough to elevate a roster of young guys and he isn't talented enough to bring in if he doesnt fit and expect good results.

has nothing to do with Derozan...I simply wouldn't max Fournier

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users