Photo

Transform Jordan Clarkson into a 6th man?

• Please log in to reply
531 replies to this topic

#1 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 4,802 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted May 18, 2016 - 12:49 PM

Guys, 

we have a good young core and if we land Ingram we might as well be loaded for the future!

You guys know that Derozan is avalaible and the sources say he is willing to come to LA, because he wants to be in LA!

So I thought about Jordan Clarksona and that he plays the same position such as Demar Derozan does. Now if we put Clarkson on the 1, we have Russell on the bench and that wouldnt make sense at all. Imagine Derozan signs with us and you put him on the 3 at SF? NAH!

So I thought about putting JC on the bench like a new Lamar Odom role ? What do you guys think about that? Transforming JC into our new Best 6th man like the Clippers have a streaky weapon off the bench with Jamal Crawford or the Warriors with Igoudala! OF COURSE the dimensions are far off but you get the point right?

Therefore we would have a lineup with: RUSSELL DEROZAN INGRAM RANDLE X and Clarkson off the bench!

Walton can put the maximum out of the players and if JC is willing to sign a new contract here and dedicate himself to the glory of the franchise, maybe this role would transform him into more higher level!

THOUGHTS???

• Majesty likes this

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#2 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,046 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 18, 2016 - 01:23 PM

F55kOhP.jpg

• FranklinPeanuts, Game and kray28 like this

#3 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 4,802 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted May 18, 2016 - 01:30 PM

F55kOhP.jpg

cool thing

where did you get that?

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#4 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 11,444 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 18, 2016 - 01:47 PM

No to DeRozan...and Clarkson is a better fit next to Russell...and Clarkson is much cheaper.

• LACAS likes this

7511301026_4a46afba50.jpg

Trust in Mitch

#5 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 5,839 posts

Posted May 18, 2016 - 01:55 PM

What the [expletive] is wrong with you people?! Where's the derozan love coming from ?
  • KSOR24, Jody Smokes and lakesh0w like this

#6 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 11,323 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted May 18, 2016 - 02:00 PM

They don't watch games.  I know it's a tired insult to some but it's true.  You couldnt have watched DDR the past 3 seasons in the playoffs and honestly want him on your team if you're serious about winning

What the [expletive] is wrong with you people?! Where's the derozan love coming from ?

• bigvee, Jackson, JGuez and 4 others like this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#7 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 11,444 posts

Posted May 18, 2016 - 02:01 PM

People just want a name for the Lakers...DeRozan, Cousins...doesn't matter if they fit or make sense.

• Klewfish, lakersince75 and KSOR24 like this

7511301026_4a46afba50.jpg

Trust in Mitch

#8 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 1,454 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:1974

Posted May 18, 2016 - 02:11 PM

Its LA, fans love names SMH...

The focus must be Whiteside anyone else after signing HW is a bonus.

#9 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 11,323 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted May 18, 2016 - 02:13 PM

Aren't getting Barnes either.  He's probably less realistic.  Not sure why people think GSW isnt going to match.  Not a dude on the market that can do what he does for that team as well as he does. 

Its LA, fans love names SMH...

The focus must be Whiteside anyone else after signing HW is a bonus.

• LACAS likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#10 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 24,241 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar

Posted May 18, 2016 - 02:18 PM

I really don't know why people want Demar. I watched Bryant being a ball dominate player the last 20 years, I don't wanna see it with a WAY lesser talent like DD.

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#11 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,115 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted May 18, 2016 - 02:20 PM

Not sure "fit" is priority w team so young and possibly our top 2 scoring options not even on team yet.

Too soon to build around anyone we currently have.

If we get a major piece (top 10 player), then we start to fit around him. Now it just makes sense to find guys who play more than 1 position, plus the superstar if possible

Edited by kball, May 18, 2016 - 02:20 PM.

Praying for  1. Youngsters Ballin (Didn't really happen on a consistent basis at all) 2. Miracle Trade (Also didn't happen. And we traded our best player for chump change) 3. Kick Ass Rooks (Zubac exceeded, Ingram tried but disappointed overall)

READY FOR SEASON TO BE OVER!!!

#12 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 53,111 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 18, 2016 - 02:23 PM

Depends who we draft but I wouldn't mind getting talent at the 2 so that Clarkson becomes a 6th man. 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#13 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 1,454 posts

Posted May 18, 2016 - 02:31 PM

Depends who we draft but I wouldn't mind getting talent at the 2 so that Clarkson becomes a 6th man. 

Define talent? DR talent? 

#14 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 1,454 posts

Posted May 18, 2016 - 02:32 PM

Aren't getting Barnes either.  He's probably less realistic.  Not sure why people think GSW isnt going to match.  Not a dude on the market that can do what he does for that team as well as he does. 

Agreed, only way GS lets Barnes walk is if KD signs on otherwise Barnes is a lock in GS.

#15 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 1,454 posts

Posted May 18, 2016 - 02:35 PM

Personally I like DR (he's a Trojan) but in my honest opinion I think he would be a terrible fit in LA and for what Luke might be running.

#16 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 53,111 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted May 18, 2016 - 03:00 PM

Define talent? DR talent? 

DR is better than Clarkson. So he'd be an upgrade. But you'd also be banking on Clarkson never being better than Derozan currently is. At the end of the day that's up to Clarkson to prove.   Just depends if the Lakers have already decided it. 

• MaceWindu and LACAS like this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#17 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 6,962 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted May 18, 2016 - 03:02 PM

In a perfect world, Clarkson is your 3rd guard.

The ignore feature is a healthy alternative to feeding trolls. 

#18 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 1,454 posts

Posted May 18, 2016 - 03:19 PM

DR is better than Clarkson. So he'd be an upgrade. But you'd also be banking on Clarkson never being better than Derozan currently is. At the end of the day that's up to Clarkson to prove.   Just depends if the Lakers have already decided it. 

Is DR that much better than JC? In regards to the money JS is going to command.

Also who's the better fit?

#19 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,473 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 18, 2016 - 03:57 PM

That isn't a particularly strong argument. There are many PG's and PF's better than Russell and Randle respectively as well. Technically they would be an upgrade too.

The question is are they the solution long term? Do they fit into Luke's system? We're far better off riding with the youth and adding pieces methodically rather than purely because of name or because they're a slight upgrade right now. 

• LACAS likes this

#20 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 5,839 posts

Posted May 18, 2016 - 04:50 PM

Who is DR ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users