859 replies to this topic

#1 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,537 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted May 15, 2016 - 08:37 AM

Anyone else think if Bogut is injured and can't play, this might be an OKC upset?

That's the way i'm leaning

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#2 martin90

martin90

Off The Bench

• 1,916 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 15, 2016 - 08:54 AM

i don't think so, GS still the favorite they've won 2 games against Portland without Curry, i think they can afford to lose a role player.

#3 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,537 posts

Posted May 15, 2016 - 09:11 AM

Just that OKC plays tall and long so losing their starting big i see as a blow.

• BasketballIQ likes this

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#4 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,592 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted May 15, 2016 - 09:47 AM

I think it's closer than most people believe. GSW are the favorite no doubt, but I know better than to completely dismiss a superstar like KD catching fire
  • -Wade- and lildvl10 like this

#5 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 26,295 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted May 15, 2016 - 09:50 AM

If Curry, Klay, and Draymond are healthy I don't think there is a team that can stop them.

• JGuez and PhillyLaker24 like this

#6 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,537 posts

Posted May 15, 2016 - 09:51 AM

Also think Westbrook will hold that MVP voting grudge, though there was little doubt it belonged to Curry.

Point being Westbrook plays awesome when hes pissed (kinda always pissed come to think)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#7 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,423 posts
  • Name:Karl
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 15, 2016 - 09:55 AM

Warriors in six games. The real question is can the Thunder stop the Warriors from scoring at a high efficiency rate? In the regular season, they couldn't defend the Warriors offense. If they could defend the Warriors, then I think they have a real shot to upset the Warriors.

#8 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,794 posts

Posted May 15, 2016 - 09:56 AM

It's going to be interesting for sure. OKC playing big can do some damage. It's the way they closed out the series against the Spurs. 

#9 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,794 posts

Posted May 15, 2016 - 10:00 AM

In the regular season, they couldn't defend the Warriors offense. If they could defend the Warriors, then I think they have a real shot to upset the Warriors.

One thing I've learned is that the regular season usually doesn't have a huge bearing on how the Playoff series will go. In the Playoffs, anything can happen.

I think the Spurs/OKC series showed that. 

• bigvee likes this

#10 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Hall Of Fame

• 8,982 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted May 15, 2016 - 10:04 AM

I feel Durant is going to have a big series. No one on that team can guard him

• -Wade- likes this

"Friends come and go but banners hang forever."  - Kobe Bryant

#11 Clark Wayne

Clark Wayne

Baller

• 1,904 posts
  • Name:Dilan
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted May 15, 2016 - 12:32 PM

Bogut isn't some integral piece to the Warriors success. They'd like to have him but they'll adjust if they don't. Durant's getting his and probably fairly easily. If Westbrook actually tries to play off of Durant instead of thinking he is Durant, OKC has a great chance. But knowing Westbrook, he's gonna try and do too much. 

#12 Clark Wayne

Clark Wayne

Baller

• 1,904 posts
  • Name:Dilan
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted May 15, 2016 - 12:35 PM

One thing I've learned is that the regular season usually doesn't have a huge bearing on how the Playoff series will go. In the Playoffs, anything can happen.

I think the Spurs/OKC series showed that. 

OKC/Spurs split their season series. Aside from record, there was very little to suggest which way the series would go. Anything can happen, however, as you said.

#13 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,794 posts

Posted May 15, 2016 - 12:41 PM

OKC/Spurs split their season series. Aside from record, there was very little to suggest which way the series would go. Anything can happen, however, as you said.

I was referring to the Playoff series. How OKC was notoriously known during the regular season for giving up leads and being unable to close out games. How Spurs were virtually undefeated at home with the exception of GSW.

Then Spurs lose two in a row at home during the Playoffs. Three in a row total. OKC closed it out extremely well despite Spurs having leads close to the end of the 4th in many of those games.

As of the regular season series, I know Pop rested all the starters in one of the games. Sometimes you can use the regular seasons as data for a prediction; other times not so much. 

#14 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,186 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001

Posted May 15, 2016 - 02:12 PM

The length worked on SA because they don't run up and down the floor, and their offense and defense are half court sets. Length negates that, but length can be abused if you get a team running. If GS gets OKC to play their type of basketball this could be a 5 game series. I don't think this will happen all the way, but I still think GS will win. 

When you have the superstar power of Durant and Westbrook anything is possible. However, let us not forget there is superstar power on the warriors as well to negate that. I can see OKC trying to run and gun with the Warriors, and that will be their down fall. You can't beat a team by playing to their strengths. Just as how they got steam rolled by the Heat in the finals by trying to run and gun with them the same will happen in this series. OKC has to play smart to have a chance, and I love Westbrook but his game normally isn't the smartest especially during late games. 

During the regular season OKC played well against the Warriors, but we got to see what happens in the playoffs. I say Warriors in 6. 

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#15 lonlyamongus

lonlyamongus

Off The Bench

• 2,232 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Eddie Jones, Kobe

Posted May 15, 2016 - 09:59 PM

i want to see how GSW take the abuse on the inside in Game 1, if they can out speed the OKC big 3 on the inside, GSW will sweep the series.  If they have a problem, then it would go OKC's favor until Bogut comes back.

Edited by lonlyamongus, May 15, 2016 - 09:59 PM.

-------------------------------------------------------------

There no pure haters or pure fans.  It's just the ignorant and the observant.  The pure haters and pure fans are the ignorant, while the rest are the less observant or the more observant. 

#16 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,537 posts

Posted May 16, 2016 - 04:47 AM

I'd be really surprised if the warriors sweep under any conditions.

I mean, OKC just beat one of the best teams ever (spurs) statistically defensively as the league has ever had.

Going on record that KD and RW are the best duo since Shaq/Kobe.

Can't wait for tonight

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#17 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 6,008 posts

Posted May 16, 2016 - 05:46 AM

I thought the Spurs were winning that series for sure so I can never say never.....

....but no way GSW loses to OKC if healthy.

The Spurs backcourt could not keep up with Westbrook but there's no back court that can keep up with Curry and Klay....2 of the best shooters of all time.

Let alone Draymond and the way he impacts the game in almost every way.

#18 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,670 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted May 16, 2016 - 07:11 AM

Adams vs Draymond.

#19 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

Superstar

• 7,240 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted May 16, 2016 - 08:35 AM

Can't wait for this game. I got my flaming hot popcorn ready
  • -Wade- likes this

#20 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,576 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted May 16, 2016 - 10:15 AM

Should be exciting.  I hope that GSW has to fight 7 games, no matter what.  

I want to see them pushed hard before playing Cleveland next round.  Given injuries to Irving/Love last year, I'd like to see a healthy Cavs team take on a pressure-tested Warriors team and see what happens. 

I want a 7 game NBA Finals between GSW and Cleveland. 

• kball likes this

Don't feed the trolls. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users