Photo

Do you regret the Lakers not going after Isiah Thomas?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Legend

• 10,052 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 23, 2016 - 11:52 AM

Not to mention as good as IT is, theres a personal satisfaction that Boston will be a first round out these playoffs.

Thats gotta sting. And im glad it does for them.

Houston same. Happy to see those organizations crush their fans hopes

Doesn't really matter if they're a 1st round, 2nd round, or whatever exit team as they were never winning the chip in the first place. And it's championship or bust. I'm sure they're proud to have a group of collective, hard-working guys and a competent coach in Brad Stevens to make it into the Playoffs in the first place.

Also...they have a top 5 pick (possibly #1) gift-wrapped for them on May 17th. 

#22 manaro90

manaro90

All-Star

• 5,638 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted April 23, 2016 - 12:11 PM

We drafted Darius Morris over him. lmao

hahahaha he sucked

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#23 KSOR24

KSOR24

Off The Bench

• 1,905 posts

Posted April 23, 2016 - 12:41 PM

Thomas should be a 6th man but the Celtics are so bereft of scoring options that they have to start him. His defense is awful.

#24 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,448 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 23, 2016 - 01:58 PM

So what.  He's better than Nick Young and he's the type of piece you want on your team if you are building a competitive team.  He's a work hard type of player too.  Can guard 1-3, improve 3pt shot and plays hard.  That's better than having Nick Young on your team.  

Again. Bazemore level players aren't foundation pieces.

Clarkson, Randle, D-Lo are. If we don't get Simmons or Ingram, that isn't really affected by the players that we could have had.

Bazemore is probably a league average player at best.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#25 Rekal

Rekal

Off The Bench

• 1,845 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:Years
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted April 23, 2016 - 05:08 PM

how about Jeremy Lin ? haha

#26 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 18,288 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted April 23, 2016 - 06:17 PM

So what. He's better than Nick Young and he's the type of piece you want on your team if you are building a competitive team. He's a work hard type of player too. Can guard 1-3, improve 3pt shot and plays hard. That's better than having Nick Young on your team.

Okay.

He is better then Nick. No one is disputing that.

Again. I think the Lakers FO thought like this: IF Kobe defies logic and plays at near Kobe level, we've provided a guy who could presumably back him up and allow him to play 30-32 minutes and 65-70 games.

Just like Lin and Hibbert COULD have come out and had comeback type campaigns.

Not a stealth tank, but certainly not wanting to be on the treadmill that Minnesota had been on. How many seasons since the playoffs?
I know Wiggins and Towns are legit but certain organizations...

Anyway, the point is Lin/Pick was the play. Not IT

#27 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,223 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted April 23, 2016 - 07:43 PM

I have yet to see how Russell, Clarkson or Randle are foundation players.  They are the furthest things from right now.  No player is running to the Lakers to play with these guys.  They're not even close to foundation types of players.  Every one of them, bench guys to role players at best.

The Lakers had Bazemore in-house and yet again failed to retain him.   There's no excuse as to why the Lakers couldn't see what kind of player he was/is.

If the Lakers thought Lin or Hibbert could've had comeback type campaigns then they should clean the front office.  Myself, and several others told everyone that this wouldn't happen.  If that's their line of thinking then they have lost touch.

If you don't think the Lakers are on that same Minnesota treadmill right now, then you're simply not wanting to pay attention to 3what's unfolding in front of your eyes.

#28 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,448 posts

Posted April 23, 2016 - 07:53 PM

Because one is a rookie, the other 2 are 2nd year players and one them had 0 experience.  They also played in a terrible offensive system with the worst coach in the NBA.  If you can't understand why they didn't look as good as they could b/c of Byron and the Kobe farewell I dont even know what to tell you.  DLo showed plenty of flashes in games where Kobe didn't play that he's capable of being a really good PG/wing for this team going forward.  Clarkson has improved his 3 pt shot.  His defense needs work though.  The young guys needed complimentary pieces and a better system to play in to flourish.  Im not even sure what exactly you're expecting.  

I have yet to see how Russell, Clarkson or Randle are foundation players.  They are the furthest things from right now.  No player is running to the Lakers to play with these guys.  They're not even close to foundation types of players.  Every one of them, bench guys to role players at best.

The Lakers had Bazemore in-house and yet again failed to retain him.   There's no excuse as to why the Lakers couldn't see what kind of player he was/is.

If the Lakers thought Lin or Hibbert could've had comeback type campaigns then they should clean the front office.  Myself, and several others told everyone that this wouldn't happen.  If that's their line of thinking then they have lost touch.

If you don't think the Lakers are on that same Minnesota treadmill right now, then you're simply not wanting to pay attention to 3what's unfolding in front of your eyes.

• bigvee and LACAS like this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#29 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 13,448 posts

Posted April 23, 2016 - 07:54 PM

If they couldn't see that Kent Bazemore was a better option for this team than Nick Young I dont know what to tell you.  No team was trying to sign Nick young

Okay.

He is better then Nick. No one is disputing that.

Again. I think the Lakers FO thought like this: IF Kobe defies logic and plays at near Kobe level, we've provided a guy who could presumably back him up and allow him to play 30-32 minutes and 65-70 games.

Just like Lin and Hibbert COULD have come out and had comeback type campaigns.

Not a stealth tank, but certainly not wanting to be on the treadmill that Minnesota had been on. How many seasons since the playoffs?
I know Wiggins and Towns are legit but certain organizations...

Anyway, the point is Lin/Pick was the play. Not IT

• lakerfan98 likes this

#30 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 6,029 posts

Posted April 23, 2016 - 08:56 PM

I'd only regret it because it's a great contract that could be traded but I don't care that we don't have him going forward, no.

#31 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 12,222 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted April 25, 2016 - 03:26 AM

To any LAL fans:

If the only player/person your contemplating having "regrets for not going after" is 5'-9" Isiah Thomas then you haven't been paying attention the last 3 seasons.

Fans who watch games will at least partially understand why the word person is underlined above^.

#32 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,639 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted April 25, 2016 - 02:10 PM

To any LAL fans:

If the only player/person your contemplating having "regrets for not going after" is 5'-9" Isiah Thomas then you haven't been paying attention the last 3 seasons.

Fans who watch games will at least partially understand why the word person is underlined above^.

real talk- we need a whole legion of players.

• LakersGAFan likes this

ap1.png

#33 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 18,288 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted May 09, 2016 - 04:00 PM

Thomas is so small. When they wanted to take him out the equation, it was easy to do.

Bad defender too.

Every asset is valuable but u still think the Lin risk, the cap space play, and the pick that came with it was more beneficial than having IT locked in for two more seasons

#34 DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

DaSmoothOperator

• 4,222 posts
  • Fan Since:1965
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted May 10, 2016 - 12:56 PM

Far too small remember this is the Western conference.

#35 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,639 posts

Posted May 10, 2016 - 05:55 PM

Thomas is so small. When they wanted to take him out the equation, it was easy to do.

Bad defender too.

Every asset is valuable but u still think the Lin risk, the cap space play, and the pick that came with it was more beneficial than having IT locked in for two more seasons

He was the reason they were in the game/series the majority of the time.. his size is overstated, he still got his.

ap1.png

#36 lonlyamongus

lonlyamongus

Off The Bench

• 2,234 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Eddie Jones, Kobe

Posted May 11, 2016 - 12:16 PM

Thomas is a good player, a good 6th man option behind DR, and he is a smart defender.  good price tag for that kind of talent.

-------------------------------------------------------------

There no pure haters or pure fans.  It's just the ignorant and the observant.  The pure haters and pure fans are the ignorant, while the rest are the less observant or the more observant. 

#37 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,639 posts

Posted May 11, 2016 - 02:36 PM

Thomas is a good player, a good 6th man option behind DR, and he is a smart defender.  good price tag for that kind of talent.

i would much rather him than Lou Williams or of course Nick Young coming off the bench.

Huertas would be better served on the pacers or Mavs.

Edited by RobBlake, May 11, 2016 - 02:36 PM.

• Busty Bluth likes this

ap1.png

#38 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,819 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted May 11, 2016 - 05:09 PM

i would much rather him than Lou Williams or of course Nick Young coming off the bench.

Huertas would be better served on the pacers or Mavs.

Thomas can start for a few decent teams. He doesn't want to be a bench player nor does he have to.

#39 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,639 posts

Posted May 11, 2016 - 05:53 PM

Thomas can start for a few decent teams. He doesn't want to be a bench player nor does he have to.

I agree but I think he would really flourish as a 6th man and just focus on scoring and creating
  • Busty Bluth and lonlyamongus like this

ap1.png

#40 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 9,819 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted May 11, 2016 - 07:51 PM

I agree but I think he would really flourish as a 6th man and just focus on scoring and creating

I think he's flourishing right now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users