#41 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,319 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted March 28, 2016 - 07:18 PM

Stu's reaction though !!!!

Stu keeps me entertained during these games. He was like oh my god what is wrong with you!! Lmao
  • Ventiquattro likes this

#42 b.diddy2417

b.diddy2417

Rookie

• 727 posts
  • Name:Brian
  • Fan Since:since i was 5
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 28, 2016 - 07:19 PM

Man is was that bad a lot us are gonna need therapy if Byron stays on for another season

I tell you what if I was Byron I would be embarrassed for turning this team into Circus

#FireByron

#43 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,319 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted March 28, 2016 - 07:21 PM

No way in [expletive]in hell Byron is here next season. I refuse to believe it. This dude is setting records for the worst records in laker history and blow out losses.

#44 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 28, 2016 - 07:26 PM

On the @TWCSportsNet post-game broadcast, James Worthy suggested Byron Scott start Marcelo Huertas.

James can gtfo right along with Byron.

• RobBlake likes this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#45 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,559 posts

Posted March 28, 2016 - 07:30 PM

Stu keeps me entertained during these games. He was like oh my god what is wrong with you!! Lmao

Seriously.

• M.X.M. likes this

#46 M.X.M.

M.X.M.

@WeCarpeDiem

• 3,855 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:Early 2000s
  • Fav. Laker:Retired #

Posted March 28, 2016 - 08:33 PM

Team quit on Byron after he spent the better part of the day making fun of them to the media, laughing about the team's effort and the young guys 'not getting it'  and talking about how none of them had what it took to carry a franchise. 

The team, the young players especially have responded to Byron's constant bashing and have quit on him completely.

Dunno what he was expecting.  

Other than that there's nothing to talk about this game. 

do you have quotes from scott?

IG: @WeCarpeDiem 

Twitter: @WeCarpeDiem

#47 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 4,547 posts
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup

Posted March 28, 2016 - 08:46 PM

Pathetic!!!

#48 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,446 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted March 28, 2016 - 08:54 PM

Well I guess I can say I witness kobe history... 😑

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#49 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,836 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 28, 2016 - 08:54 PM

do you have quotes from scott?

Byron on Kobe guarding Rodney Hood: "It's a damn shame that our oldest player has to take on that challenge."

• Byron (2/3):"You’ve got to show this organization that you deserve to be here & you understand what wearing that purple & gold is all about"

• Byron Scott (3/3): "I don’t think a lot of guys in that locker room understand that."

• Byron: "I hope they do a little soul searching & think about what happened. Sometimes it just comes down to having some pride.” (on TWCSN)

•  

#50 reryo

reryo

Off The Bench

• 1,609 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted March 28, 2016 - 09:25 PM

Byron breaking record after record.

On his 55th birthday, the Lakers coach watched his team tie a franchise record with a 48-point loss, dropping him to 452-641 in his NBA coaching career. The 189 games below .500 are the most by any coach in NBA history.

• flota likes this

#51 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TEIAM

• 2,438 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted March 29, 2016 - 06:01 AM

ugh.  I woke up early to watch the game..on my day off.  Thanks Byron.

#52 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,761 posts

Posted March 29, 2016 - 06:37 AM

Byron on Kobe guarding Rodney Hood: "It's a damn shame that our oldest player has to take on that challenge."

• Byron (2/3):"You’ve got to show this organization that you deserve to be here & you understand what wearing that purple & gold is all about"

• Byron Scott (3/3): "I don’t think a lot of guys in that locker room understand that."

• Byron: "I hope they do a little soul searching & think about what happened. Sometimes it just comes down to having some pride.” (on TWCSN)

•  

Byron says many absurd things, but that statement was 100% true.

I wanted to see one of the young guys step up and take on the challenge of defending him. Sometimes, it honestly feels like if they're struggling on the offensive end, they just stoop down and let it affect all areas of the game. 

Kobe took on the challenge -- Rodney Hood didn't score a single point after. 

• FranklinPeanuts likes this

#53 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 29, 2016 - 07:41 AM

They've "taken the challenge" several times this season, only to have Byron to act like they never ever have after one or two bad games.

When you have a boss like that you stop caring what they think because you'll never get actual recognition in the face of an opportunity to build themselves up and bring you down.   That's why they couldn't care less what Byron thinks or does and no longer listen to him.  Because not only is the 'result' of his act not resulting in any wins, but any acknowledgement of what thy do is fleeting or quickly replaced for an effort to downplay it or put them down.  

So Byron isn't gonna get diddily. 

• LakerGeezer likes this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#54 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Sixth Man

• 3,632 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted March 29, 2016 - 07:46 AM

Byron says many absurd things, but that statement was 100% true.

I wanted to see one of the young guys step up and take on the challenge of defending him. Sometimes, it honestly feels like if they're struggling on the offensive end, they just stoop down and let it affect all areas of the game. 

Kobe took on the challenge -- Rodney Hood didn't score a single point after. 

All true.  And Kobe went 1/11 on offense.

Debbie Downer

#55 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,446 posts

Posted March 29, 2016 - 10:21 AM

Honestly being there the only guys that had energy the whole game were Metta (who moves a lot faster and more fluid than he looks on tv), Huertas, Ryan Kelly, Tariq.

All the starters were hesitant and looked flat. I expected after a back to back to come out a little flat but damn. A lot of easy shots coming short or just rolling out. No lift, no movement and just a lot of walking around.

Jazz did a jersey ceremony for AK but the crown got even louder when kobe went up to talk to him than for his actual ceremony.

21lsbya.jpg

#56 lonlyamongus

lonlyamongus

Off The Bench

• 2,232 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Eddie Jones, Kobe

Posted March 29, 2016 - 11:24 AM

Honestly being there the only guys that had energy the whole game were Metta (who moves a lot faster and more fluid than he looks on tv), Huertas, Ryan Kelly, Tariq.

All the starters were hesitant and looked flat. I expected after a back to back to come out a little flat but damn. A lot of easy shots coming short or just rolling out. No lift, no movement and just a lot of walking around.

Jazz did a jersey ceremony for AK but the crown got even louder when kobe went up to talk to him than for his actual ceremony.

Just curious, did the starter outside of Kobe had physical drill before the game?  or was that drill a day or two ago?

-------------------------------------------------------------

There no pure haters or pure fans.  It's just the ignorant and the observant.  The pure haters and pure fans are the ignorant, while the rest are the less observant or the more observant. 

#57 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,761 posts

Posted March 29, 2016 - 11:29 AM

They've "taken the challenge" several times this season, only to have Byron to act like they never ever have after one or two bad games.

When you have a boss like that you stop caring what they think because you'll never get actual recognition in the face of an opportunity to build themselves up and bring you down.   That's why they couldn't care less what Byron thinks or does and no longer listen to him.  Because not only is the 'result' of his act not resulting in any wins, but any acknowledgement of what thy do is fleeting or quickly replaced for an effort to downplay it or put them down.  

So Byron isn't gonna get diddily. 

In most of those games, their offense dictated their attitude. When shots weren't falling, their effort levels dropped. Russell begins passing some of the most laziest passes resulting in turnovers. Randle gives up on the defensive end and confusedly shrugs as if it wasn't his fault. 

I can understand not caring about Byron. But as a professional, for the fans that have high expectations of you, and for donning the purple and gold, you have to go out there and give 100% effort. 

#58 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,446 posts

Posted March 29, 2016 - 11:46 AM

Its funny though cuz Rodney Hood was going off on all of us in the first half.

There were a few crossover and step back 3s on Kobe too. Hood was just on fire and hitting everything. What killed us though was the offensive rebounding we gave up and the horrible rotations on D. We gave up so many points in the paint on pick and rolls.

21lsbya.jpg

#59 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Sixth Man

• 3,632 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted March 29, 2016 - 12:15 PM

I can understand not caring about Byron. But as a professional, for the fans that have high expectations of you, and for donning the purple and gold, you have to go out there and give 100% effort. 

This late in the season, the not caring about Byron part, the losses, playing on the road, back to back game, tough arena ... yeah they should care more, but the fact is they have quit on BS.  And if they dont get off to a good start, they pretty much just pack it in.  Not saying its right, they really should have more pride, but the "be a professional" lecture rings pretty hollow this late in the year and sounds like  its coming from BS himself.

Debbie Downer

#60 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,370 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 29, 2016 - 12:57 PM

The team quit on Scott like 2 weeks ago.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users