#22 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• Site Admin
  • 15,274 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 26, 2016 - 03:18 PM

Buddy Hield is going OFF.  Oregon has no answer for him, and he's not even being as aggressive as he could be.  If he wanted, he'd have 25 in this first half.

• Majesty and lildvl10 like this

#23 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,262 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 26, 2016 - 07:12 PM

He has been killing it the whole tourney. Say what you must, the kid is something special

#24 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,262 posts

Posted March 26, 2016 - 07:13 PM

And down goes Kansas

#25 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• Site Admin
  • 15,274 posts

Posted March 26, 2016 - 07:41 PM

Horrible call on Graham, but we can't win games with Perry Ellis playing the worst basketball he's ever played, zero bench points (yes, zero), and 100 turnovers. Bill Self made absolutely NO effort to adjust our offense with Ellis struggling, and we continued to value a player who was simply not producing on the floor. We played as if he was helping spread the floor, and because he is so predictable (drive baseline with left, finish with right, establish post and turn to shoot mid-range), it crippled our ability to get good open looks.

Villanova played defense, and ultimately, it beat us. Wright outcoached Self, we were in panic mode most of the game, and Graham alone could not carry our team for 40 minutes.

Since 2008, I've rarely walked from the tourney upset. I've seen a lot of our teams go in with low expectations, and rightfully so. This team, this year, was supposed to win. They had the depth, the talent, and the offensive/defensive superiority over every team in the nation going in, catching fire at the right time, riding in on a major win streak. We lost to a team I predicted would give us the most heat, but did so in ways I didn't imagine: Nova scored just 64 points on 40% FG and 22% 3PT, we outrebounded them, had more assists, and we shot 46% overall...but we scored just 59, turned the ball over 16 times, and could not change our mindset on the offensive end to overcome deficits of JUST 3-5 points.
  • Majesty likes this

• 43,104 posts

Posted March 26, 2016 - 07:59 PM

Wayne Selden missed a lot of open looks. Very fortunate for Kansas Mason at least finally decided to show up.

yo.

#27 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• Site Admin
  • 15,274 posts

Posted March 26, 2016 - 08:07 PM

Wayne Selden missed a lot of open looks. Very fortunate for Kansas Mason at least finally decided to show up.

Mason hit a couple of shots, but the entire team, minus Graham, missed all but one of their three-point attempts. Mason, Selden, and Mykhailiuk went 1/13 from downtown, but even worse, they continued to shoot them.

Graham, our best player tonight, fouled out on an awful call near the end of the game. The referees actually went to the monitors before realizing they couldn't change the foul call, then acted like they were trying to figure out who the free throw shooter was going to be...yet, made the decision that Nova was not shooting foul shots after all, lol. Made absolutely no sense, because there was no possession on the foul.

Ugh.
  • Majesty likes this

#28 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,262 posts

Posted March 26, 2016 - 09:09 PM

Aye RD... what's your take on Landen Lucas? He's a junior right? I think he will be decent player in the league someday.

Edited by FranklinPeanuts, March 26, 2016 - 09:09 PM.

#29 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 53,167 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 26, 2016 - 09:56 PM

Horrible call on Graham, but we can't win games with Perry Ellis playing the worst basketball he's ever played, zero bench points (yes, zero), and 100 turnovers. Bill Self made absolutely NO effort to adjust our offense with Ellis struggling, and we continued to value a player who was simply not producing on the floor. We played as if he was helping spread the floor, and because he is so predictable (drive baseline with left, finish with right, establish post and turn to shoot mid-range), it crippled our ability to get good open looks.

Villanova played defense, and ultimately, it beat us. Wright outcoached Self, we were in panic mode most of the game, and Graham alone could not carry our team for 40 minutes.

Since 2008, I've rarely walked from the tourney upset. I've seen a lot of our teams go in with low expectations, and rightfully so. This team, this year, was supposed to win. They had the depth, the talent, and the offensive/defensive superiority over every team in the nation going in, catching fire at the right time, riding in on a major win streak. We lost to a team I predicted would give us the most heat, but did so in ways I didn't imagine: Nova scored just 64 points on 40% FG and 22% 3PT, we outrebounded them, had more assists, and we shot 46% overall...but we scored just 59, turned the ball over 16 times, and could not change our mindset on the offensive end to overcome deficits of JUST 3-5 points.

I had it pegged as Kansas vs UNC in the Finals.  The Wilt Chamberlain rematch.  This loss let me down today too :( 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#30 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• Site Admin
  • 15,274 posts

Posted March 26, 2016 - 11:08 PM

Aye RD... what's your take on Landen Lucas? He's a junior right? I think he will be decent player in the league someday.

People are overlooking him. I think he could be a solid backup for a team in the pros, but if he develops his post scoring, he's got starter potential. Very good rebounder. He has to stop biting on pump fakes, needs to show more on screens...gets exposed outside of his comfort zone.

Next year will be make-or-break, obviously. We pinned him in the five this year, and it worked out best for us. He earned it. Now, it's time for him to get his name into first round discussions.
  • FranklinPeanuts likes this

#31 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,262 posts

Posted March 27, 2016 - 09:01 AM

People are overlooking him. I think he could be a solid backup for a team in the pros, but if he develops his post scoring, he's got starter potential. Very good rebounder. He has to stop biting on pump fakes, needs to show more on screens...gets exposed outside of his comfort zone.

Next year will be make-or-break, obviously. We pinned him in the five this year, and it worked out best for us. He earned it. Now, it's time for him to get his name into first round discussions.

Thanks. Once he got the chance to start, he has been improving

• 43,104 posts

Posted March 28, 2016 - 04:59 PM

Final four set. Who y'all got?

yo.

#33 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,262 posts

Posted March 28, 2016 - 05:03 PM

Sooners vs the Tar Heels. you?

• 43,104 posts

Posted March 28, 2016 - 08:03 PM

I still got Nova over OK. I know Buddy's been lights out and he's got a solid team around him on top of that, but other than their last game, Nova had been arguably the hottest team in the tournament. They can shoot the lights out themselves as a team. I may be wrong, but my gut goes that way.

I would be extremely disappointed if Carolina found a way to lose against Syracuse. I don't expect it, but it wouldn't shock me. Im a Tar Heel fan anyway. Been so since I first saw Jamison and Vinsanity back in the day.

yo.

#35 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• Site Admin
  • 15,274 posts

Posted March 28, 2016 - 08:18 PM

Nova beat Kansas while shooting the ball poorly.  To me, they won a huge game, even though their strength was not utilized...at all.

So, how will that play out against an Oklahoma team that may not be able to match Nova bucket-for-bucket when the time comes?  Buddy Hield can drop 40, but he's not dropping 70.

#36 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 53,167 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 28, 2016 - 09:02 PM

Nova beat Kansas while shooting the ball poorly.  To me, they won a huge game, even though their strength was not utilized...at all.

So, how will that play out against an Oklahoma team that may not be able to match Nova bucket-for-bucket when the time comes?  Buddy Hield can drop 40, but he's not dropping 70.

But.... what if he does? ... 

lol just kidding :D 

If Oklahoma wants to win that game it will take more than what Buddy brings, it will need to be a consistent effort. 

We essentially know that Ollie is scheming to pressure Buddy the entire length of the court and has already said that if anyone beats them on that team it 'won't' be Buddy.  

So Oklahoma is gonna have to rely on their other players cause I see Buddy getting pressured all night full court.  Ollie can't risk the kid catching fire. 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

• 43,104 posts

Posted April 02, 2016 - 07:50 PM

Guess I was right, but didn't know I'd be THIS right on the Villanova front. My goodness. That was savage.

yo.

#38 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,262 posts

Posted April 02, 2016 - 08:04 PM

Only one of my teams are left and that is NC.. I have them winning it all but Villa and that defense is ill

• 43,104 posts

Posted April 04, 2016 - 07:20 PM

Wow. What a disgraceful performance by Carolina. So stupid. Not surprised though. Better team lost, but the smarter team won.

yo.

• 43,104 posts

Posted April 04, 2016 - 07:27 PM

I will say often times college refs and officiating make the NBA ones look like saints. If you thought the NBA was soft or ticky tack my goodness.

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users