#1 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• Site Admin
  • 15,274 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 14, 2016 - 10:04 PM

Just a quick topic to discuss a few things...

1) The board has been updated.  It's not the newest version, but it's newer.

2) No word on what happened, as I've yet to look into it.  Files were corrupted, unrecognizable files were uploaded somehow, and things were obviously a mess.

3) Can't say when I'll have time to design a skin.  I can't import the old template.

4) I want to look at our staff.  I won't elaborate tonight, but it needs addressed.

5) The new forums address is lakernation.com.  There is no more blog.

Any questions, ask away and I'll do my best to answer.

• pkflyers, M.X.M., GenkiSushi and 5 others like this

#2 Jackson

Jackson

Hall Of Fame

• 9,458 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted March 14, 2016 - 10:17 PM

Excuse my heavy post:

Okay well.

As you can read in the posts on this thread, we created a small forum because we honestly all thought this forum was going to die. I, and I think many others, want to know what's the status of these forums going forward. Everyone here including myself, we all have a tremendous amount of respect for you and the work you put into these forums. However what has happened for this past month revealed a lot. You're human and you have your own life to attend to. It's completely unfair to ask you to do everything. The fact that you get locked out of the admin CP is even worse.

I think what's also becoming more obvious is that members here are noticing the neglect coming from the owners of the forum. We don't think the admins really care about this forum as much as they used to. Which again, is fine. Life happens. But I think there are other ways to go on about handling things. I don't mean to put ANYONE on blast. And this is not my post's purpose. We just want to know what's going on.

Maybe the owners can sell the forums back to the community? Up to you.

• M.X.M. likes this

#3 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• Site Admin
  • 15,274 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 14, 2016 - 10:35 PM

POPULAR

I understand why the other website was created.  I don't blame anyone for leaving.

The status of the forums?  They are up and running.  As much as you've learned about me after I've missed a few weeks, you've also learned that I've put the board back up, full reinstall and upgrade, in two hours after noticing I was locked out of the AdminCP.

It would be inappropriate and disrespectful to discuss why I was away for that amount of time, so I won't.  I will say that, right now, it's my activity that is most important, and I'm not expecting anyone else to shoulder that at this time.  Nobody should be accountable for that, aside from the guy that's running the forums.  Everyone has a role on LN, whether it's what I do as an admin...or what you do as one of our most active posters.

I can't provide an answer when it comes to selling the forums.  I don't make that decision.  As it stands, I will run them, and within the next week or two, I will make a decision on whether or not I need to revamp the staff to assist me in maintaining them.

I apologize for the downtime.  I realize it was longer than it should have been, but I'd like for our community to look more into how we can generate more activity, and rebuild this fanbase (we have been dying for a couple of years now, with our team being as bad as they have been).  The forums will be staying up, and if the day comes I no longer feel I can maintain that, I'll put someone in my place to make it happen.

• pkflyers, JEN, bigvee and 9 others like this

#4 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 11,386 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Nick Van Exel

Posted March 14, 2016 - 10:40 PM

I missed yall!!!!

#5 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,414 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted March 15, 2016 - 12:43 AM

Glad to see this place up and running. Thanks RD! 

#6 M.X.M.

M.X.M.

@WeCarpeDiem

• 3,839 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:Early 2000s
  • Fav. Laker:Retired #

Posted March 15, 2016 - 04:55 AM

much respect to it real deal and also bigfetz for creating the other forum just in case. 

Edited by M.X.M., March 15, 2016 - 04:56 AM.

IG: @WeCarpeDiem 

Twitter: @WeCarpeDiem

#7 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,418 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted March 15, 2016 - 05:37 AM

Good news and good to see Real Deal

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#8 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Hall Of Fame

• 9,955 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 15, 2016 - 05:52 AM

Mad props to bigfetz and Jackson for stepping up by providing a new forum.

I am not behind the scenes what so ever, but my personal feelings are... If these two gentlemen can put together a forum in a few days.... these gents need to be mods on this one. And throw Majesty on the staff too. Dude creates all the game threads and seems to always be on

Just my 2 cents...
  • M.X.M., GenkiSushi,     and 1 other like this

#9 I still miss OTR

I still miss OTR

└ABenchOnA?UEST

• 170 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Devean George

Posted March 15, 2016 - 05:55 AM

Thanks for the heads up, RD!

"Heroes come and go, but Legends live forever..."

hz9dnEm.png

facebook.com/BenchOnAQuest

#10 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,051 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted March 15, 2016 - 06:12 AM

My guess would be B. Scott sabotaged the place.

I was lucky enough to go to 2 consecutive wins during the down time.

TWO! Including GS which was a blast

• M.X.M. likes this

Praying for  1. Youngsters Ballin (Hockey stick growth curve for Randle, D'lo, Nance and Clarkson ASAP) 2. Miracle Trade (Lakers need a top 10 player...or maybe 2 to compete w bigboys) 3. Kick Ass Rooks (Ingram and Zubac getting playing time and impacting games)

READY FOR SEASON!

#11 b.diddy2417

b.diddy2417

Rookie

• 611 posts
  • Name:Brian
  • Fan Since:since i was 5
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 15, 2016 - 07:13 AM

I am not behind the scenes what so ever, but my personal feelings are... If these two gentlemen can put together a forum in a few days.... these gents need to be mods on this one. And throw Majesty on the staff too. Dude creates all the game threads and seems to always be on
Just my 2 cents...

I second this as well

#12 K-Kris

K-Kris

Laker Fan

• 884 posts
  • Name:Kris
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:KB/Randle/Clarkson/D'Lo/Ingram

Posted March 15, 2016 - 07:28 AM

Thanks Real Deal

#13 M.X.M.

M.X.M.

@WeCarpeDiem

• 3,839 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:Early 2000s
  • Fav. Laker:Retired #

Posted March 15, 2016 - 07:57 AM

My guess would be B. Scott sabotaged the place.

I was lucky enough to go to 2 consecutive wins during the down time.

TWO! Including GS which was a blast

LOL right?

I would love to see how the reaction would be during the game vs warriors 

IG: @WeCarpeDiem 

Twitter: @WeCarpeDiem

#14 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,445 posts

Posted March 15, 2016 - 08:31 AM

Thanks for the update, RD!

I also want to give big thanks to bigfetz and Jackson for temporarily creating the other forum. We seriously thought the forum was going down, and that we'd have no other way to contact each other. Love the community and family environment here. :)

Anyways, back to posting! 

#15 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,543 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted March 15, 2016 - 08:50 AM

thanks RD, glad to see you back and glad to see the forums back...things happen in life, and at the end of the day, anything happening in the electronic world will always be secondary.  

props to bigfetz and jackson, and everyone really for for caring and fighting to keep this amazing community we've built alive.  i dabble in a lot of online places related to various topics, but this is the only one i'm a part of that i actually care about, and would be sad if i lost.  

• lildvl10 likes this

Posted Image

#16 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,285 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted March 15, 2016 - 09:44 AM

you are... you are the real deal! lol Thanks for all that you do.

ap1.png

#17 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 2,967 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted March 15, 2016 - 09:55 AM

Just my 2 cents...

Totally agree, shout out to game too... But i would be lying if im not gonna miss the medal: OG MEMBER in the other site too.. Liked that one and gonna miss it too

Edited by lildvl10, March 15, 2016 - 10:16 AM.

• FranklinPeanuts and M.X.M. like this

#18 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,051 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted March 15, 2016 - 09:57 AM

LOL right?

I would love to see how the reaction would be during the game vs warriors 

What really stood out to me was with about 3-4 minutes left there was a timeout and the entire crowd stood for the whole thing.

We were pumped

Glad this place is back up

Edited by kball, March 15, 2016 - 09:59 AM.

Praying for  1. Youngsters Ballin (Hockey stick growth curve for Randle, D'lo, Nance and Clarkson ASAP) 2. Miracle Trade (Lakers need a top 10 player...or maybe 2 to compete w bigboys) 3. Kick Ass Rooks (Ingram and Zubac getting playing time and impacting games)

READY FOR SEASON!

#19 DTIII™

DTIII™

"I am one with the force, the force is with me."

• 5,586 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Julius, D'Angelo & Jordan

Posted March 15, 2016 - 12:16 PM

Well done gents.

EyMlHkX.jpg

#20 Jackson

Jackson

Hall Of Fame

• 9,458 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted March 15, 2016 - 12:37 PM

I understand why the other website was created. I don't blame anyone for leaving.

The status of the forums? They are up and running. As much as you've learned about me after I've missed a few weeks, you've also learned that I've put the board back up, full reinstall and upgrade, in two hours after noticing I was locked out of the AdminCP.

It would be inappropriate and disrespectful to discuss why I was away for that amount of time, so I won't. I will say that, right now, it's my activity that is most important, and I'm not expecting anyone else to shoulder that at this time. Nobody should be accountable for that, aside from the guy that's running the forums. Everyone has a role on LN, whether it's what I do as an admin...or what you do as one of our most active posters.

I can't provide an answer when it comes to selling the forums. I don't make that decision. As it stands, I will run them, and within the next week or two, I will make a decision on whether or not I need to revamp the staff to assist me in maintaining them.

I apologize for the downtime. I realize it was longer than it should have been, but I'd like for our community to look more into how we can generate more activity, and rebuild this fanbase (we have been dying for a couple of years now, with our team being as bad as they have been). The forums will be staying up, and if the day comes I no longer feel I can maintain that, I'll put someone in my place to make it happen.

Sounds good. Thank you again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users