• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#141 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,420 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted March 15, 2016 - 10:50 AM

Well, I think one of my mistakes was not making money off of the site, as bad as that sounds.  Ad revenue gave them the ability to buy out other boards, purchase updates and new modifications, etc.

When I started DH back in 2005, I promised everyone I wouldn't put up ads.  I was regretting that the second year, lol.

Are there ads on these boards? I don't see any, but I remember you (or maybe someone else?) mentioning that they were put in some time ago.

#142 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• Site Admin
  • 15,274 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 15, 2016 - 10:54 AM

Are there ads on these boards? I don't see any, but I remember you (or maybe someone else?) mentioning that they were put in some time ago.

Used to be. I'm not sure what happened to the one at the very top of the old board, but it just disappeared one day. I'm pretty sure most of the ad revenue came from the blog.

#143 b.diddy2417

b.diddy2417

Rookie

• 615 posts
  • Name:Brian
  • Fan Since:since i was 5
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 15, 2016 - 11:32 AM

i hope big can somehow sell or make other use for the site he created.. as I hope this doesn't cause a division from the forum base..

this what big posted on the other site this morning
Hi all,

As some might have seen, the original forum is back up and running with info from real deal about what happened. When I first set this forum up I did it to preserve our community which looked to be almost over. I mentioned that I would do whatever I can to keep this community alive. Im proud of what we set up here as a group of individuals from all around the world whos main connection is the Lakers. I think it was not only fun but shows how great of a community this is. But now the original site is up and I encourage you all to go back. I have no interest in competing with another forum and let's be honest, I'd lose haha. I am going to leave the server up for a while to make sure everything is cleared up over there first. Thank you all for being so awesome.
  • HQLLYWQQD likes this

#144 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 2,998 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted March 15, 2016 - 12:00 PM

Real deal: Regarding the topics.. Before u can always click on the page that u want to go to, but now it just show u how many pages are there in the topic, is it possible to get that back so its easier to navigate each topic? thanks

#145 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• Site Admin
  • 15,274 posts

Posted March 15, 2016 - 12:03 PM

Real deal: Regarding the topics.. Before u can always click on the page that u want to go to, but now it just show u how many pages are there in the topic, is it possible to get that back so its easier to navigate each topic? thanks

You sure? I can see the page buttons in both topic view and post view. For instance, on this topic, I can click #1, 2 and 3...then page #8 (topic view). When I go into the topic, I can click the first OR last three pages, depending on where I'm at.

#146 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 24,696 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted March 15, 2016 - 12:14 PM

i hope big can somehow sell or make other use for the site he created.. as I hope this doesn't cause a division from the forum base.. 

No worries man. Its actually not to costly to set it up and I just took down the forum so no worries about a division. 

• FranklinPeanuts and Jackson like this

#147 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 2,998 posts

Posted March 15, 2016 - 12:50 PM

You sure? I can see the page buttons in both topic view and post view. For instance, on this topic, I can click #1, 2 and 3...then page #8 (topic view). When I go into the topic, I can click the first OR last three pages, depending on where I'm at.

Yeah, i cant see the page buttons like before, im on mobile right now but before there are buttons that u can click. Right now It just shows how many pages there are in the topic

Like on this topic, im on monile version and it says 8 pages instead of the 1,2,3, next

Edited by lildvl10, March 15, 2016 - 12:52 PM.

#148 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 24,696 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted March 15, 2016 - 12:57 PM

Yeah, i cant see the page buttons like before, im on mobile right now but before there are buttons that u can click. Right now It just shows how many pages there are in the topic

Like on this topic, im on monile version and it says 8 pages instead of the 1,2,3, next

At the very bottom of the page is there a button called Full Version? If so then you are on the mobile version which doesn't display the page numbers. Click the Full Version button to view the theme you are looking for. 

#149 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• Site Admin
  • 15,274 posts

Posted March 15, 2016 - 01:03 PM

That's correct.

Were you using Tapatalk before?

#150 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 2,998 posts

Posted March 15, 2016 - 01:09 PM

No i wasnt using tapatalk, im using the safari browser, mobile version of it. But even before i can always see the pages button and click on it even if its mobile version.. But its okay, its no biggie, switched now to full version, thanks guys

#151 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,160 posts

Posted March 15, 2016 - 02:00 PM

He's correct, the page numbers aren't displayed anymore thru mobile browsing. Under this topic for example, it just lists "8 pages."

Anyways, glad to see this place back up. Good stuff, Real.
  • lildvl10 likes this

#152 Jackson

Jackson

Hall Of Fame

• 9,476 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted March 15, 2016 - 02:20 PM

Well, I think one of my mistakes was not making money off of the site, as bad as that sounds.  Ad revenue gave them the ability to buy out other boards, purchase updates and new modifications, etc.

When I started DH back in 2005, I promised everyone I wouldn't put up ads.  I was regretting that the second year, lol.

If you ever need funds for upgrades, updates, and modifications let us know. I would hate for anything like that to happen to this forum and community.

Edited by Jackson, March 15, 2016 - 02:22 PM.

#153 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 2,998 posts

Posted March 19, 2016 - 09:11 AM

He's correct, the page numbers aren't displayed anymore thru mobile browsing. Under this topic for example, it just lists "8 pages."

Anyways, glad to see this place back up. Good stuff, Real.

Dont wanna be a pain, but i really think we need those buttons back for easy access.. Real deal?

#154 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• Site Admin
  • 15,274 posts

Posted March 19, 2016 - 01:33 PM

I'll take a look into it.
  • lildvl10 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users