Photo

Help w/ Glitch?

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#41 Jackson

Jackson

Hall Of Fame

• 9,477 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted March 08, 2016 - 04:38 PM

Let us know lildvl10!

#42 lildvl10

lildvl10

Sixth Man

• 3,000 posts
  • Fan Since:6
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted March 08, 2016 - 05:06 PM

Will do, still no answer from brandon "realdeal" so far

• 43,091 posts

Posted March 08, 2016 - 06:21 PM

That LakerNation twitter page hasn't been been active in forever.

I know of some other Laker forum that was pretty popular for a long time. In fact, lasted more than a decade, but came to an end suddenly like a few years back I believe when the admins and or owners or whatever were just completely mia and a lot of leople were really upset and sad to see that happen, but it's crazy though, you just google search laker or lakers forums and this site is like the second or third result after lakersground of course, but outside of that not much really. The options are dying more and more and it's even more discouraging that it seems to be happening during our worst down years in our history. Really shows who sticks and who doesn't. Shame.

yo.

#44 Jackson

Jackson

Hall Of Fame

• 9,477 posts

Posted March 08, 2016 - 09:12 PM

I think if we don't get a response within 24 hours, I'll start a new thread and start the discussion on making a new forum (with emphasis on Bigfetz and hopefully Wade comes along)

#45 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,588 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:bean

Posted March 08, 2016 - 09:35 PM

Saw him liking tweets 2 days ago so im well sure he's aware about what's going on. I'm just not sure if he care

#46 b.diddy2417

b.diddy2417

Rookie

• 615 posts
  • Name:Brian
  • Fan Since:since i was 5
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 08, 2016 - 10:06 PM

How much are we talking about to keep this forum going ? Love this forum way to much !!!!

#47 b.diddy2417

b.diddy2417

Rookie

• 615 posts
  • Name:Brian
  • Fan Since:since i was 5
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 08, 2016 - 10:14 PM

Are Jaime and Kam still the host server ?

#48 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 24,702 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted March 08, 2016 - 10:42 PM

So obviously we should give more time. Though the fact that Game is even unable to get any info on what's going on makes me think the site has been forgetten. I don't think anyone even knows who actually owns this website at this point. Personally been on here for over 4 years and have over 21k posts so this is very upsetting. We can set up a dialog soon, preferably outside the forum. I will try my best to keep this community alive.
  •     and K-Kris like this

#49 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,421 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted March 08, 2016 - 11:41 PM

Maybe they should sell the forums to a more active user?
  • Jackson likes this

#50 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,160 posts

Posted March 08, 2016 - 11:58 PM

The guys who started this website don't check in at all anymore. If they ever do pop back in, sell me the website. I'll run it a whole lot better.

RD has done a great job considering what he's been asked to do. I think he needs to give another user admin privileges since he's unable to continuously check back in and make sure the website is running smoothly.

This is a great community we have here...I would be down for financing and starting up another website and forum with an active blog and actual Lakers content, but I think the main focus should be on getting things right on this website before it dies and people move elsewhere.

Edited by Massacre, March 08, 2016 - 11:59 PM.

#51 Jackson

Jackson

Hall Of Fame

• 9,477 posts

Posted March 09, 2016 - 12:07 AM

The problem here is we don't know what's happening.

Meaning, at any given time these forums can go dark and we can no longer communicate easily and efficiently.

I'm sure we can setup a gofundme type of thing and I'm sure money wouldn't be a problem.

#52 Jackson

Jackson

Hall Of Fame

• 9,477 posts

Posted March 09, 2016 - 12:10 AM

Maybe they should sell the forums to a more active user?

Definitely this.

Someone is likely paying bills for this site as well. Unless it's RD himself who is paying that amount, I doubt he has a lot of power to do much.

#53 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,160 posts

Posted March 09, 2016 - 12:22 AM

It's not Real Deal. It's Jaime, he's the webmaster and admin last time I checked. Not sure if Kam is still involved, but I definitely know Jaime is. I've reached out to him and I'll give an update if and whenever he lets me know what's going on with the status of the site.

Hopefully we can make it work here.
  •     likes this

#54 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 7,018 posts

Posted March 09, 2016 - 05:27 AM

I have had this problem more than a month ago, and actually posted a thread about it. The problem lasted for 10 minutes, and it got back again. The problem at hand is not a server thing I believe. Just before the glitch occurred, I read a news related to https websites being attacked or some sort, it was a major thing I believe. If this forum had no protection against it, it was probably affected by that. But this is just me speculating. I hope Real Deal will show up soon.

fXlFKv8.gif

#55 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 7,018 posts

Posted March 09, 2016 - 05:34 AM

Here is the link:http://arstechnica.c...ryption-attack/

This was posted right before this problem.

fXlFKv8.gif

#56 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 24,702 posts

Posted March 09, 2016 - 12:00 PM

Here is the link:http://arstechnica.c...ryption-attack/

This was posted right before this problem.

That could be the reason why but I think the concern is the site is broken and nothing is being done. Even if it does get fixed in the next week it still means the site was down for 1-2 weeks. Thats way too long. I think Real Deal has done more than his fair share to keep this forum going but its kinda obvious he doesn't have much help and from what it seems he doesn't have any stake in this site. Really the owners should be monitoring this way more.

To the people saying they are willing to buy you are probably going to have to fork over at least 8-10k if not more. The domain name alone is worth $5400. http://www.siteprice...lakernation.com

I think this has been an issue that most of us saw coming. WestCoast gone. Half the Admins are rarely here and the other half haven't even logged in in 1-2 years. I don't remember the last time I saw Wade or Fido.

I'm really not blaming anyone other than the owners. It should be their responsibility that this forum has active admins and Mods. People have real life responsibility so like any forum admins and mods come and go. It just how it is. But the owners can't.

I think an alternative needs to be made or else the site could just shut down one day and the whole community is gone forever. Either move over ownership to someone who cares or move to a newly created forum.

#57 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Starter

• 5,137 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 09, 2016 - 01:22 PM

Yo we need to set up a new meeting place ASAP before this site goes dead again. Can anyone get that going? I don't want this place to go dark without staying in contact with all my Laker brothers

Edited by Lakerace24, March 09, 2016 - 01:23 PM.

#58 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 24,702 posts

Posted March 09, 2016 - 01:42 PM

Would email and google hangouts work for now? Heres my email matthewfetz@gmail.com. Just email me and let me know your username so I know who you are. We can start setting up a new site like that for now.

#59 Jackson

Jackson

Hall Of Fame

• 9,477 posts

Posted March 09, 2016 - 01:42 PM

The 503 error I'm sure is a server side error. Not sure if it coincides with the HTML strip bug, but that can only be fixed by the webmaster.

#60 Jackson

Jackson

Hall Of Fame

• 9,477 posts

Posted March 09, 2016 - 01:53 PM

That could be the reason why but I think the concern is the site is broken and nothing is being done. Even if it does get fixed in the next week it still means the site was down for 1-2 weeks. Thats way too long. I think Real Deal has done more than his fair share to keep this forum going but its kinda obvious he doesn't have much help and from what it seems he doesn't have any stake in this site. Really the owners should be monitoring this way more.To the people saying they are willing to buy you are probably going to have to fork over at least 8-10k if not more. The domain name alone is worth $5400. http://www.siteprice...lakernation.comI think this has been an issue that most of us saw coming. WestCoast gone. Half the Admins are rarely here and the other half haven't even logged in in 1-2 years. I don't remember the last time I saw Wade or Fido. I'm really not blaming anyone other than the owners. It should be their responsibility that this forum has active admins and Mods. People have real life responsibility so like any forum admins and mods come and go. It just how it is. But the owners can't. I think an alternative needs to be made or else the site could just shut down one day and the whole community is gone forever. Either move over ownership to someone who cares or move to a newly created forum.

I could do like 2k.

I'm sure we have around 100 really active users on here. If they could all chip in around $50 or more then we could buy the domain at least. The domain is very important in keeping the community together.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users