Photo

The Official Street Fighter V Thread

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,266 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 24, 2016 - 07:29 PM

sfv_beta_restart.jpg

Come on... I know there's a few of you. ;) 

• Game, androsays and Wilt Chamberneezy like this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#2 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,676 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 25, 2016 - 12:10 AM

almost made a thread but didn't think anyone else cared...haha, I got the collectors edition...now here's my rant.....

been into fighting games since street fighter 2(original one) and they have since been one of, if not my favorite genre...never the same thing twice.  unmatched replay value...incredibly deep if u bother to get good at them, challenging and rewarding

was really good at all iterations of street fighter 2, then became a marvel player, part 2 and 3, and still play 3...skipped street fighter 4 for the most part after they started releasing all these extra versions and ended up sticking with ultimate marvel 3 and got pretty good

looking to get back into street fighter with 5, but gotta break all my marvel habits...not a lot if free time though, decided to main vega until guile is released, looking forward to upcoming update in March with new modes, and the 6 new characters to come this year

alright, rant over

• Majesty likes this

Posted Image

#3 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,266 posts

Posted February 25, 2016 - 12:22 AM

Oh I'm sure you'll find enjoyment heheh ;) 

I was a Tekken, DOA, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Marvel vs SNK(mained Vice), Soul Calibur kid, even the Battle Arena Toshiden days.. as impossible as that game is to play lol

The game looks fairly solid and plays very solidly from my experience, I dunno who I'm gonna main.   

P.S. If they don't release a Street Fighter X DOA game sometime soon I'm just gonna do it myself 

tumblr_o32wgtqWUj1uewxxvo1_1280.png

:bounce:  :laughing:

Edited by Majesty, February 25, 2016 - 12:23 AM.

• Game likes this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#4 Wilt Chamberneezy

Wilt Chamberneezy

Rookie

• 925 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq, Kobe, Fisher,Fox, Horry

Posted February 25, 2016 - 06:34 AM

Thinking of picking it up. I have played the beta for a little bit and I feel like this game is pretty slow compared to the old games. They need like a turbo version of this. At least it has sf2 damage now lol. 

• Game likes this

#5 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,676 posts

Posted February 25, 2016 - 07:40 AM

good stuff...i used to play the virtua fighter series and battle arena toshinden...dabbled in the early mortal kombat (not much after 3) games and early tekken games too...

here are they 6 DLC characters they're releasing this year

05_dlcsf501.jpg

• Majesty likes this

Posted Image

#6 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 5,796 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted February 25, 2016 - 07:51 AM

all their DLC is supposed to be free right?

• Majesty likes this

2div

#7 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,676 posts

Posted February 25, 2016 - 09:28 AM

not the characters or costumes, but all the extra modes and functionality they're adding will be free

you can buy a season pass for $30, that will get you all 6 new characters and an alternate costume for them, as we as some theme or something...apparently a $60.00 value

• Majesty likes this

Posted Image

#8 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 5,796 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted February 25, 2016 - 12:10 PM

I hate this new season pass movement

2div

#9 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Do you wanna tickle my big ol' long toes?

• 11,513 posts

Posted February 25, 2016 - 02:56 PM

I'm fine with Skullgirls for a bit.
  • Game likes this

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#10 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,676 posts

Posted February 25, 2016 - 03:49 PM

i'm a street fighter fan of course, but i wished more people played ultimate marvel vs capcom 3, i understand it's a very hard game to learn and get good enough at to beat people online...can be extremely frustrating if you don't know the matchups...and with 50 characters, there's a lot...

but how can you not love a fighting game with marvel characters?  i'm still playing that game 5 years later...BY FAR the game that has gotten the most usage out of my PS3...i have games for that system i haven't even fired up yet

put in the work people! this could be you!

well, onto street fighter V

• Majesty likes this

Posted Image

#11 Wilt Chamberneezy

Wilt Chamberneezy

Rookie

• 925 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq, Kobe, Fisher,Fox, Horry

Posted February 25, 2016 - 05:14 PM

I played some MvC3, but it grew kind of stale for me. Fun game to play with friends, but my only issue with it is lvl 3 x factor. I think it is  a pretty stupid mechanic to have in the game where they reward you for losing characters. Lvl 3 Xfactor+Devil Trigger Vergil into random sword [expletive] = win if they can't block. Other than that and gimping my characters in ultimate, it's cool.

• Game likes this

#12 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,676 posts

Posted February 26, 2016 - 11:18 AM

yea, learning to defend against each character is the hardest part about that game problem...

the x-factor mechanic can be infuriating, but it goes both ways...i've had just as many x-factor level 3 victories as i've had losses...gotta learn to block the mix-ups

anyway, back to street fighter 5...

i've been reading people complaining about all the rage quitters because of the current lack of punishment for them, and though i haven't played a ton, i hadn't had that many people rage quit on me in ranked matches until last night...

happened a few times, but most notably i beat someone with a 10 game win streak who had a few ranks higher than me, and right as i finished him off, disconnected...so i see why he had a 10 game win streak...would have been minus a lot of points for him because i was lower ranked, and plus a lot for me...anyway, pretty lame way to pad your stats

the salt is real...

• Majesty likes this

Posted Image

#13 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TEIAM

• 2,437 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted February 27, 2016 - 07:57 AM

This probably sounds childish, but I have been looking for an arcade machine to buy and put in my garage.  Still haven't found one, but when I do...baller.  I am referring to 2 obviously.

• Game and Majesty like this

#14 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,676 posts

Posted February 29, 2016 - 07:47 AM

put some time in this weekend...my vega is lookin decent, gonna start dabbling in other characters soon

anyone else figure out their main yet?

Posted Image

#15 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,676 posts

Posted March 16, 2016 - 10:16 AM

so....anyone playing this?

• Majesty likes this

Posted Image

#16 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,676 posts

Posted April 18, 2016 - 07:57 AM

18_guile.jpg

guile is coming this month =)

http://www.eventhubs...e-also-its-way/

one of my all-time favorite SF characters w/ my second favorite theme

all DLC characters are free until they release the update for their in-game store.  i got the season pass though so i get to keep them all once that update goes live

• Majesty likes this

Posted Image

#17 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,266 posts

Posted April 18, 2016 - 10:01 PM

Guile...should be default heheh. Glad to see him! 

• Game likes this

#18 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,676 posts

Posted May 02, 2016 - 09:06 AM

^you would think so...

glad he's here, fun to play...i think he's officially my back-up to vega now.  looking to pick up karin too

we should be getting balrog this month if the release order is the same as the order in which their images show up...curious to see how he's changed

looking for people to play online, made it up to gold rank w/ a little over 4500lp, stopped playing ranked as i don't have much of a desire to get to platinum and i get too pissed when i lose...haha

do you actually have this game majesty?

• Majesty likes this

Posted Image

#19 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,676 posts

Posted July 18, 2016 - 04:16 PM

the street fighter V world championships top 8 (evolution tournament from vegas) was on ESPN 2 last night...fighting game community has come a long way, esports in general...interesting to see it on a major network

was at universal studios last night, so didn't catch it, but browsing through the footage now...already know what happens so just trying to catch some of the highlights

• Majesty likes this

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users