Photo

The Life of Pablo

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Jackson

Jackson

Hall Of Fame

• 9,414 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted February 14, 2016 - 02:16 PM

New Kanye album out.

My opinion: It sucks. Listened to the whole thing 3 times and it was a pain each time.

#2 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,550 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted February 14, 2016 - 02:56 PM

ZzzzzzzZZZZZzzzzzZZZ

#3 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,409 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted February 14, 2016 - 04:22 PM

Too many songs. He didn't spend as much time on it as he did for Yeezus, it's obvious. His worst album by far. 

#4 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 4,749 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted February 16, 2016 - 01:31 PM

to be honest...

college dropout - LEGENDARY

late registration - GREAT

graduation - LEGENDARY

808 - alot of hate but in my opinion LEGENDARY just because it fits perfectly into the 2008 kanye..

my beautiful dark tiwsted fantasy - BEST HIPHOP ALBUM OF ALL TIME ! IN MY OPINION

yeezus - WTF?

life of pablo - to be honest... average...

i miss the old kanye

i miss those kanye beats man...

i miss the people and crew of good music, like big sean, pusha t, john legend, mos def, common etc..

[expletive], this dude has changed alot

i can not find any great tracks to be remembered on this new album such like all of the lights, gold digger, jesus walks, runaway etc.. THOSE WERE HITS MAN!!!! but this ??? this is just average....

im kinda sad..all this wait for nothing man..

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#5 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Hall Of Fame

• 9,873 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 16, 2016 - 01:40 PM

he has lost his touch. this album is garbage, i would be surprised if it gets played on the Cali airwaves. And if it does, it probably be because of the features like Kendrick Lamar. Horrible album... deleted it after hearing it the first time. not worth my money, not worth my computers hard drive space and i would not take it if it was given away for free.

i honestly no longer look forward to when this dude drops an album. it hurts my ears

#6 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,081 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted February 20, 2016 - 08:53 PM

I guess I am in the minority here, I actually like it aha

His bars are absent from here really, and that is really my only complaint since there isn't a song he goes in on. However, the beats on basically every song are more than on point they are great. Its a weird composition no doubt, but to me its better than Yeezus. Chance's verse on the intro is what drew me in and kept me listening to the album, after the first play through I was on the fence, listened to it again and enjoyed it. 

Gonna be bumping this for a while in the car its great cruising music with the beats on this. I know it took a lot of people a few listens on Yeezus to actually enjoy it (myself included) to those who didn't like this and did like Yeezus give this another try you might surprise yourself.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, February 20, 2016 - 08:56 PM.

• androsays, WZRD, Majesty and 1 other like this

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#7 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 5,749 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted February 21, 2016 - 08:53 AM

Not his best, but enjoyable

2div

#8 WZRD

WZRD

The Underachiever

• 1,771 posts
  • Fan Since:mid 90's
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 22, 2016 - 06:22 AM

as a cohesive album i think it's a mess, the lyrics are also pretty trash but individually the tracks are pretty solid. better then yeezus

zombie

#9 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 52,952 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 22, 2016 - 05:24 PM

I guess I am in the minority here, I actually like it aha

His bars are absent from here really, and that is really my only complaint since there isn't a song he goes in on. However, the beats on basically every song are more than on point they are great. Its a weird composition no doubt, but to me its better than Yeezus. Chance's verse on the intro is what drew me in and kept me listening to the album, after the first play through I was on the fence, listened to it again and enjoyed it. 

Gonna be bumping this for a while in the car its great cruising music with the beats on this. I know it took a lot of people a few listens on Yeezus to actually enjoy it (myself included) to those who didn't like this and did like Yeezus give this another try you might surprise yourself.

as a cohesive album i think it's a mess, the lyrics are also pretty trash but individually the tracks are pretty solid. better then yeezus

Makes sense.  As Kanye basically said about a year ago that his goal was that this album's tracks essentially would be what he called 'cookout music'  as in the music you just listen to while having a cookout and feel good tunes. 

When I heard that I pretty much expected it would be more of a 'single track you leave on shuffle' album instead of a cohesive storytelling one.   So reading these, it makes sense.   Haven't heard it yet though. 

• WZRD likes this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#10 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,526 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 23, 2016 - 02:58 PM

didn't realize this was a kanye album...

might not bother from what i'm hearing here...

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users