Lakers NBA

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,197 posts

Posted February 13, 2016 - 08:03 AM

Every year it is same scenario. Defense wins the championship. But we know it takes more than that to get the title. It takes scoring, rebounding, coaching among many other factors. One can say they are all same thing really, that it is all about a team coming together at the right time. But not all teams are constructed the same way to win a title. The Spurs formula, for example, has been different than the one-two punch that Lakers employed in early 2000s.

Consider the following the table. It lists the players who led the winning team in scoring in respective title years. For simplicity I only listed the first three contributors, but I think it's enough of a projection for team's dynamics. The gold color represents the rebound leader on the winning team, while the purple color is the symbol for the assist leader. There are certain instances that same player led the team in both rebounding and assisting, where I labeled them with purple background and gold highlighted text.

Isk03HC.png

I know it is not the time to be speculating things like playoffs, and titles. We are nowhere close to that level. But it is possible that among the players we have on our team, there will be a bunch of them that may be playing in our "hypothetical" title team. In that case, which players would project to emulate a winning team on that table?

More or less we know where our strengths lie now. D'Angelo is a scorer and playmaker hybrid. Randle would lead the team in rebounding. Can Clarkson play a role on that 3-men lineup? Which other "hypothetical" player can shoot us to that conversation? The obvious answers are likes of Durant, Westbrook etc. I know. But I'm not talking about this summer. I'm talking about the future. 3-5 years from now when Russell and Randle are more mature, and they are kicking ass on daily basis. I think this is a fun discussion to have with comparisons to all time winning teams.

Edited by Tensai, February 13, 2016 - 08:04 AM.

fXlFKv8.gif

#2 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,061 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted February 13, 2016 - 09:53 AM

Is this table for the finals series only?

Or all the playoffs?

Hey look, another byron scott sighting in 88!

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#3 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,197 posts

Posted February 13, 2016 - 10:38 AM

Included the Finals only. Otherwise I would have to make some arbitrary weighting as first round match ups are much easier to handle than later rounds.

fXlFKv8.gif

#4 Rad

Rad

• 1,802 posts

Posted February 13, 2016 - 02:36 PM

Out of our current roster? I only foresee Russell here long term making that table.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Lakers, NBA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users