• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,485 posts

Posted February 03, 2016 - 02:33 AM

First episode premiered today. Anyone checking it out? Looks good.
  • JEN likes this

#2 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 26,898 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted February 03, 2016 - 05:05 PM

I will, been looking forward to it.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#3 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,534 posts

Posted February 03, 2016 - 10:18 PM

Found the first episode online earlier today. Gonna check it out tomorrow.

Find it kinda funny that David Schwimmer is playing Robert Kardashian. Dude will forever be the weirdo Ross from "Friends" to me :laughing:

• Massacre likes this

#4 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 26,898 posts

Posted February 04, 2016 - 09:57 PM

Pretty good. The guy playing Johnny cochren is spot on. Not too sold on Cuba Travolta or schwimmer. Cuba is so small compared to OJ. Has anyone read the book?
  • Massacre and JEN like this

#5 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,485 posts

Posted February 04, 2016 - 11:29 PM

I thought Cuba was pretty small also, but his performance was enough for me to forget that.

I thought it was corny how they made every effort to acknowledge the Kardashians. We get it, they knew OJ.

Other than that, I was pretty much glued to the screen for all of the episode. It was really good...I encourage people to check it out.
  • Busty Bluth likes this

#6 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,485 posts

Posted February 04, 2016 - 11:30 PM

Also, does anyone here actually believe OJ didn't do it? :laughing:
  • Busty Bluth likes this

#7 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,036 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted February 05, 2016 - 07:36 AM

Saw it. Usually love Travolta, but something about his role is very distracting.

Liked the pacing and other characters. But yeah, everyone is bigger than Cuba. Travolta, the cops, his daughter, his mom, Nicole Brown, everyone!

• Busty Bluth likes this

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#8 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 26,898 posts

Posted February 05, 2016 - 07:54 AM

I did lol. If it does not fit you MUST acquit!
  • Majesty likes this

#9 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 26,898 posts

Posted February 05, 2016 - 07:59 AM

Travoltas face was distracting. The makeup was a little too much. I heard a rumor episode 8 is from the jury perspective. That will be interesting.

#10 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 05, 2016 - 04:05 PM

Didn't new evidence come up recently that pointed to OJ's oldest son doing it and OJ implicating himself to protect him? 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#11 Chick Stern

Chick Stern

Rookie

• 824 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Big 4: West/Kareem/Magic/Kobe

Posted February 05, 2016 - 05:54 PM

I thought Cuba was pretty small also, but his performance was enough for me to forget that.
I thought it was corny how they made every effort to acknowledge the Kardashians. We get it, they knew OJ.
Other than that, I was pretty much glued to the screen for all of the episode. It was really good...I encourage people to check it out.

I just watched the first episode. Like the reviews said, very good acting, other than Travolta.
Kardashians were heavily involved, despite their recent fame.
How that case was lost is mind blowing.
I can remember asking permission to hear the verdict while at work. I can remember the smile on my black co-worker's faces when I announced "not guilty", as opposed to the disappointment on whites faces.
There was a lot of race implications in that case. I liked that they showed the riots at the start.
  • Busty Bluth likes this

"You can't get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good."

--Jerry West

• 43,794 posts

Posted February 05, 2016 - 07:36 PM

Looks like all the great reviews including from Rotten Tomatoes and even more strict metacritic are well deserved. Wanted to see the second episode immediately. Pacing was pretty good too. Great solid acting, flow, and rhythm kept me thoroughly engaged throughout. Not really a dull moment that I can remember.
  • Massacre likes this

yo.

#13 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,534 posts

Posted February 06, 2016 - 04:01 AM

Travoltas face was distracting. The makeup was a little too much. I heard a rumor episode 8 is from the jury perspective. That will be interesting.

I don't know what was up with the makeup, but it made him look like a wax figure or someone who had too much Botox. That, or on the brink of looking like John Boehner.

• Busty Bluth and     like this

#14 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 26,898 posts

Posted February 11, 2016 - 10:37 AM

Solid again, ending left me wanting more. again. Not feeling Cuba for this role. Cutty from the Wire would've killed. I forgot AC had a white bronco just like OJ. Isn't that fishy. Never understood why dude drove OJ. He probably helped. And Robert Kardashian was like he was in love with OJ.
  • JEN likes this

#15 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,534 posts

Posted February 11, 2016 - 05:42 PM

Solid again, ending left me wanting more. again. Not feeling Cuba for this role. Cutty from the Wire would've killed. I forgot AC had a white bronco just like OJ. Isn't that fishy. Never understood why dude drove OJ. He probably helped. And Robert Kardashian was like he was in love with OJ.

I know they were good friends, but this 2nd episode totally made it look like OJ and Robert Kardashian had some major bromance going on lol

• Massacre likes this

• 43,794 posts

Posted February 14, 2016 - 02:13 AM

There are still times when I just have to accept getting used to David S. playing Bob. That goofy looking face & look in his eyes at times can kinda throw you off, but it is what it is. Just try to stay focused on the acting more than the appearance I suppose. 

Enjoyed the first episode more by a lot, but that's not to say the second was terrible or anything. Just more variety obviously in the first. Still looking forward to the rest.

• Massacre and JEN like this

yo.

#17 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,485 posts

Posted March 09, 2016 - 01:07 AM

So I'm all caught up now. Going to watch tonight's episode in a little bit, but it's really starting to pick up. I'm excited to see how they portray the trial. It has me doing some research and watching videos of the actual events.

Also decided to check out the O.J. "Confessional" book (the author stated that this was the only way he'd confess) where he details the murder scene "if" he did it. Man, it's really chilling. Some stuff that only the killer would know. Highly recommend that for anyone interested or anyone who needs more convincing he's guilty...chapter 6 is the good stuff, I'm sure you can find it on google as I did (sorry for the laziness).

Edited by Massacre, March 09, 2016 - 01:11 AM.

• JEN likes this

#18 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,485 posts

Posted March 09, 2016 - 01:10 AM

Here y'all go:

http://ojifididit.bl...estion.html?m=1

#19 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 26,898 posts

Posted March 10, 2016 - 05:40 PM

The show has made me feel bad for Marcia Clark

#20 Byron

Byron

Rookie

• 65 posts
  • Name:XBOBOX
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 10, 2016 - 07:56 PM

The show has made me feel bad for Marcia Clark

Same here. Just got done watching the most recent episode and you really just want to give her a hug afterwards lol
  • Busty Bluth likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users