93 replies to this topic

#61 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,670 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 02, 2016 - 02:05 PM

Nuggets and Nets easily have worse overall rosters. Nuggets happen to have a solid coach that believes in his young guys though. Find me a quote from Mike Malone blasting his team after every loss. The Sixers are better than the Lakers right now.

Blasting? Lol. Y'all soft.

#62 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,670 posts

Posted February 02, 2016 - 02:06 PM

http://www.foxsports...ver-seen-122115
Mike Malone

#63 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,670 posts

Posted February 02, 2016 - 02:09 PM

Jody. Like I said before those teams with worse rosters have guys with experience to win close games.
Whether Gallo or Faried vs Our young lottery picks. They have a few years of experience on them.
That doesn't matter in wins and losses.
Let alone the Kobe factor off him in and out the roster.

Like come on , let's not play ourselves or argue [expletive] just to argue. This roster is full of offensive guards and young players trying to establish themselves and Kobe is also on a farewell tour

#64 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,281 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 02, 2016 - 02:17 PM

1 game doesnt prove the point though.  He also has praised Jokic is a great player.  Bottom line is I dont really care much for Byron's comments on players vs the his approach to the game.  Phil was the ultimate [expletive] but he wasn't naive about where the game was headed.  My frustration also doesnt even lie with Byron, more so the people that actually hired him and thought he was a great option.  

Byron is the same coach that coached a team that lost 26 games straight.  

Mike Malone

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#65 lonlyamongus

lonlyamongus

Off The Bench

• 2,232 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Eddie Jones, Kobe

Posted February 02, 2016 - 02:23 PM

Mike Malone

He actually pinpointed what went wrong. Not just about his Player's lack in efforts, but why they were lacking. Byron would say we suck, and no heart, we just need to man up.

-------------------------------------------------------------

There no pure haters or pure fans.  It's just the ignorant and the observant.  The pure haters and pure fans are the ignorant, while the rest are the less observant or the more observant. 

#66 Rad

Rad

• 1,802 posts

Posted February 02, 2016 - 02:49 PM

Honestly.. as much as I love Kobe, what he says now is irrelevant and hypocritical at best. He's on his way out, we are absolutely no where NEAR contending. If it was a playoff game, it might be a little different.. Rip them a new one for sure. But being mediocre the past few seasons, what's the point. Enjoy your farewell tour and call it a day.

#67 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,670 posts

Posted February 02, 2016 - 03:07 PM

If it were a playoff game, it MIGHT BE A LITTLE DIFFERENT!!!!

Smmfh

#68 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,670 posts

Posted February 02, 2016 - 03:07 PM

He actually pinpointed what went wrong. Not just about his Player's lack in efforts, but why they were lacking. Byron would say we suck, and no heart, we just need to man up.

Find that quote where he says, we suck. Playing with no heart is something that I've seen.

#69 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,670 posts

Posted February 02, 2016 - 03:10 PM

1 game doesnt prove the point though. He also has praised Jokic is a great player. Bottom line is I dont really care much for Byron's comments on players vs the his approach to the game. Phil was the ultimate [expletive] but he wasn't naive about where the game was headed. My frustration also doesnt even lie with Byron, more so the people that actually hired him and thought he was a great option.
Byron is the same coach that coached a team that lost 26 games straight.

And Doc Rivers lost 21 out of 22.
And Phil lost 7 in a row in Kobe's prime.
And Phil let a team come back from 3-1.
And Pop lost to an 8 seed as a 1 seed.
Circumstances matter bruh.
And nothing about the Byron hiring process suggested they thought he was great.
More like right for for Kobe.
Death stare proof.

#70 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,281 posts

Posted February 02, 2016 - 03:12 PM

http://www.am570lasp...ected-14334883/

Don MacLean vs Byron....lol

• flota likes this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#71 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,281 posts

Posted February 02, 2016 - 03:13 PM

I was with him until he said Nick Young was a premier iso player lmao

• lakerfan98 likes this

#72 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Do you wanna tickle my big ol' long toes?

• 11,556 posts

Posted February 02, 2016 - 03:24 PM

This is great.

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#73 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,446 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted February 02, 2016 - 03:29 PM

Honestly.. as much as I love Kobe, what he says now is irrelevant and hypocritical at best. He's on his way out, we are absolutely no where NEAR contending. If it was a playoff game, it might be a little different.. Rip them a new one for sure. But being mediocre the past few seasons, what's the point. Enjoy your farewell tour and call it a day.

he's still has the highest contract and arguably the best lakers player ever, nothing he says regarding the "future" of our team is irrelevant.  The young bucks need to be more focused on being the best versions of themselves and be appalled by losing.. kobe deserves his smiles and praise.. 

ap1.png

#74 Rad

Rad

• 1,802 posts

Posted February 02, 2016 - 03:54 PM

Smmfh

Exactly what I do to 3/4 of your posts, which come right after Byron's post game quotes.

he's still has the highest contract and arguably the best lakers player ever, nothing he says regarding the "future" of our team is irrelevant.  The young bucks need to be more focused on being the best versions of themselves and be appalled by losing.. kobe deserves his smiles and praise.. 

Oh yeah I'm totally sure they enjoy losing every single game. You're comparing a 20 year veteran, one of the best to take the court to a bunch of first and second year kids. Seriously? What do you expect? "Best versions of themselves", in 1-2 seasons? Lol, please. I'm sure they're working to improve themselves, but there is more to it than that.

#75 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,670 posts

Posted February 02, 2016 - 04:02 PM

Kobe saw something he didn't like and commented and fans are ripping him?
Wow

#76 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,078 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted February 02, 2016 - 04:12 PM

trying something that you know is the lesser of the two options just for the hell of it is insane. You stick with the option that gives you the best chance of surviving.

Chemo will kill you. But the chances of surviving cancer are much higher if you do chemo. By your logic if chemo isn't working, you're going to try just living with cancer and praying it goes away. That's insane. You don't go with a lesser option simply because the better one hasn't worked yet.

I'm not going to compare cancer to the Lakers starting line up let's stick to basketball. The other option couldn't be any worse then what is out there. So when do you make a change? Do you let this play out until you lose 15 20 in a row or do you try something new.

#77 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,078 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted February 02, 2016 - 04:13 PM

based off of record?

There are guys that didn't even last as long as Scott so that's just ridiculous.

Saying that the worst coach in NBA history has been able to remain an NBA coach for 14 years is ridiculous.

Byron winning percentage also. The guy is terrible and will never get another nba job

#78 Rad

Rad

• 1,802 posts

Posted February 02, 2016 - 04:33 PM

Kobe saw something he didn't like and commented and fans are ripping him?

Wow

Do you actually read any articles, or just post based off emotion and opinions?
  • Jody Smokes likes this

#79 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,281 posts

Posted February 02, 2016 - 05:42 PM

Who ripped Kobe?  I think people are way too far into the extremes on both sides.  Kobe said what he said the most of it seems to have been kept private.  However, what Kobe critiqued them on probably has very little to do with Byron and HIS inability to coach this team to some mild success.

#80 lonlyamongus

lonlyamongus

Off The Bench

• 2,232 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Eddie Jones, Kobe

Posted February 02, 2016 - 06:10 PM

Lol look it up, Randle passing was there since day one, i commented on his court vision being better than JC back during 2014 pre-season.

He is passing more simply because it is harder for him to score on NBA players.  Did Byron come out and say, "Randle needs to pass more?"   Russell was getting used to NBA speed, which was one reason why he looked trashy the first few games.  He is not a physically super talented player.

All Nance does is hustle, so as long as he is hustling he is bring in his A game. 

so you haven't seen Randle's shot improve? You haven't seen Randle pass the ball more? You didn't watch Russell play like complete garbage at the beginning of the season with absolutely no confidence? You haven't seen any of Nance's huge improvements?

-------------------------------------------------------------

There no pure haters or pure fans.  It's just the ignorant and the observant.  The pure haters and pure fans are the ignorant, while the rest are the less observant or the more observant. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kobe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users