93 replies to this topic

#41 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,201 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted February 02, 2016 - 12:55 PM

Some of our most competitive games have been those in which the core group played (think: Kings, Minny, Mavs). 

Your reasoning of not playing Russell because every mistake will be magnified on Byron for failing to develop him makes Byron seem far too sensitive. Not a fan of Byron's schemes, but I highly doubt he's that sensitive.

Veterans can help you win depending on the talent level. We do not have high-level veteran players. 

we don't have a talented roster in general.

If you were Byron, you'd start playing the rooks 35 mins?

#42 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 02, 2016 - 12:55 PM

First Off: Old News, as in 3 losses ago. 

Second Off: It wasn't smiling he was going off on them about.  

This is the same "Kobe tore into his team after the game" thing that happened 3 games or so ago.   People didn't recognize it? 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#43 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,197 posts

Posted February 02, 2016 - 01:00 PM

I don't get one thing in this forum. If Byron doesn't know his thing, if Kobe is being hypocriticial, then who knows what exactly is going on? As it stands Mitch and Jim are still behind Byron. We haven't seen any hint that they are gonna cut him this year.

If this year is truly about development, maybe Byron is doing the right thing. And maybe, just maybe, we are projecting our thirst for win onto seeing these kids more out there. I'm willing to bet my left nut that if Russell or Randle were given 35mins a game, and they failed to produce two games in a row, half of these goons that are calling for Byron to play them more would sing a different tune and label rookies as bust. The fans are merciless. They lack judgemental skills. That is true in ANY sports.

Just chill and stop speculating things you don't know.
  • BasketballIQ and kidpolean like this

fXlFKv8.gif

#44 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,201 posts

Posted February 02, 2016 - 01:02 PM

I don't get one thing in this forum. If Byron doesn't know his thing, if Kobe is being hypocriticial, then who knows what exactly is going on? As it stands Mitch and Jim are still behind Byron. We haven't seen any hint that they are gonna cut him this year.If this year is truly about development, maybe Byron is doing the right thing. And maybe, just maybe, we are projecting our thirst for win onto seeing these kids more out there. I'm willing to bet my left nut that if Russell or Randle were given 35mins a game, and they failed to produce two games in a row, half of these goons that are calling for Byron to play them more would sing a different tune and label rookies as bust. The fans are merciless. They lack judgemental skills. That is true in ANY sports.Just chill and stop speculating things you don't know.

Post of the year...and it's only February!

#45 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,778 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 02, 2016 - 01:02 PM

we don't have a talented roster in general.

If you were Byron, you'd start playing the rooks 35 mins?

It's not the minutes that bother me as much as the lack of communication and ill-advised statements by Byron. 

#46 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,201 posts

Posted February 02, 2016 - 01:15 PM

It's not the minutes that bother me as much as the lack of communication and ill-advised statements by Byron. 

he's not a good coach...but I feel that it is severely exaggerated how bad he actually is on here

#47 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,778 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 02, 2016 - 01:20 PM

he's not a good coach...but I feel that it is severely exaggerated how bad he actually is on here

He's...pretty bad haha. But I do agree some can go overboard on nitpicking at everything. 

• kidpolean likes this

#48 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted February 02, 2016 - 01:25 PM

He's about to go down as the worst coach in NBA history as well as the worst coach in Lakers history if they lose tonight.

I'd say that's pretty bad. 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#49 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,538 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 02, 2016 - 01:36 PM

I don't get one thing in this forum. If Byron doesn't know his thing, if Kobe is being hypocriticial, then who knows what exactly is going on? As it stands Mitch and Jim are still behind Byron. We haven't seen any hint that they are gonna cut him this year.

If this year is truly about development, maybe Byron is doing the right thing. And maybe, just maybe, we are projecting our thirst for win onto seeing these kids more out there. I'm willing to bet my left nut that if Russell or Randle were given 35mins a game, and they failed to produce two games in a row, half of these goons that are calling for Byron to play them more would sing a different tune and label rookies as bust. The fans are merciless. They lack judgemental skills. That is true in ANY sports.

Just chill and stop speculating things you don't know.

Simple

#50 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,201 posts

Posted February 02, 2016 - 01:40 PM

He's about to go down as the worst coach in NBA history as well as the worst coach in Lakers history if they lose tonight.
I'd say that's pretty bad. 

based off of record?

There are guys that didn't even last as long as Scott so that's just ridiculous.

Saying that the worst coach in NBA history has been able to remain an NBA coach for 14 years is ridiculous.

#51 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,538 posts

Posted February 02, 2016 - 01:41 PM

Ill advised because he is speaking with more knowledge of the players than the fans.

The fans want him to say things to hush Laker critics. So when a Laker 'hater' says Your coach is killing Bustell's confidence, and Byron says something that CAN be interpreted that way, the hoards of blood thirsty fans jump
on it.

Russell does make lacksidasical passes at times. Randle does focus too much energy on his own shot at times and none on the defensive side of the ball

#52 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,538 posts

Posted February 02, 2016 - 01:42 PM

based off of record?

There are guys that didn't even last as long as Scott so that's just ridiculous.

Saying that the worst coach in NBA history has been able to remain an NBA coach for 14 years is ridiculous.

Don't use logic against Majesty and don't be labeled as a Byron Supporter.

#53 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted February 02, 2016 - 01:43 PM

based off of record?

Have fun

Byron Scott on pace to become statistically the worst Coach in NBA History. 

Byron Scott is chasing some very dubious history this season, and is about to catch it. At 446-620 (.418) on his career, he is currently 87 games under .500 as an NBA coach. Believe it or not, the only coach in NBA history to have a worse record after 1,000 games coaching and be more games below .500 is Kevin Loughery, who is 94 games below .500 and has a winning percentage (.417) that is just slightly below Byron's. 

Please join me in cheering Byron on in his quest to become the objectively worst coach in NBA history. Current Target = 15 more losses than wins. icon_trophy.gif icon_puke.gif

via GT

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-27%20at%2010.43.

tumblr_mdotnbzBWO1rk5wnbo5_250.gif

#54 stillshining

stillshining

Off The Bench

• 2,015 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted February 02, 2016 - 01:50 PM

based off of record?

lol people say some reckless stuff smh

Edited by stillshining, February 02, 2016 - 01:52 PM.

#55 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,201 posts

Posted February 02, 2016 - 01:52 PM

Have fun

yes statistically..but there have been coaches that have coached poorly and kicked out the league in far less time. There are coaches that, if they had as many years as BS, would be worse. There are coaches that had talented teams and destroyed them which Byron has never done.

Look at Don Chaney, who Byron is supposedly worst than. He has never gotten passed the 1st round of the playoffs and never won his division.

Scott has won his division 3 times and made the finals twice.

How many coaches on that list have been to the finals twice and won their division 3 times? How many coaches in history have done that?

But I guess I'm not surprised because we live in a time where stats beat out common sense.

Unseld is another one...made the playoffs once and never won his division

Edited by kidpolean, February 02, 2016 - 01:56 PM.

#56 lonlyamongus

lonlyamongus

Off The Bench

• 2,232 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Eddie Jones, Kobe

Posted February 02, 2016 - 01:52 PM

Ill advised because he is speaking with more knowledge of the players than the fans.

The fans want him to say things to hush Laker critics. So when a Laker 'hater' says Your coach is killing Bustell's confidence, and Byron says something that CAN be interpreted that way, the hoards of blood thirsty fans jump
on it.

Russell does make lacksidasical passes at times. Randle does focus too much energy on his own shot at times and none on the defensive side of the ball

Ur logic is soft, u need to man up. There is no efforts goes into the reasoning. Try harder
  • flota likes this

-------------------------------------------------------------

There no pure haters or pure fans.  It's just the ignorant and the observant.  The pure haters and pure fans are the ignorant, while the rest are the less observant or the more observant. 

#57 stillshining

stillshining

Off The Bench

• 2,015 posts

Posted February 02, 2016 - 01:53 PM

Have fun

so you're basically saying Bill Fitch is the third worst coach of all time?

#58 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,157 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Nuggets and Nets easily have worse overall rosters.   Nuggets happen to have a solid coach that believes in his young guys though.  Find me a quote from Mike Malone blasting his team after every loss.  The Sixers are better than the Lakers right now.  

what team has a better record but worse roster. less defensive talent

• KSOR24 and lonlyamongus like this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#59 lonlyamongus

lonlyamongus

Off The Bench

• 2,232 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Eddie Jones, Kobe

Ur logic is soft, u need to man up. There is no efforts goes into the reasoning. Try harder

That is wut Byron will say, if he ever gets into a debate. Or he would want to see u in the ring

-------------------------------------------------------------

There no pure haters or pure fans.  It's just the ignorant and the observant.  The pure haters and pure fans are the ignorant, while the rest are the less observant or the more observant. 

#60 stillshining

stillshining

Off The Bench

• 2,015 posts

Posted February 02, 2016 - 02:03 PM

The same Bill Fitch that helped Bird get his first ring and Hakeem to his first finals. Dude was considered for the HOF not too long ago but according to that same list he's the third worst coach in the HISTORY of the NBA? Yall need to get out of your feelings and be reasonable lol

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kobe

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)