• Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 08, 2016 - 11:55 AM

haha, man the crying jordan meme is taking over the world

Posted Image

#43 Jackson

Jackson

Hall Of Fame

• 9,373 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted February 08, 2016 - 03:35 PM

It was a great game! lol

I'm not just saying this because my team won, but that is what real football is. People are too damn used to the spread offense and 5 yard dump passes every play. People want to see 35-28 championship games, go watch college football where defense isn't a real thing. This is grown man football, felt like I was watching a game from the 80's and I loved every minute of it. 

Football is a game of chess, each yard is suppose to be a struggle. Fans have fallen in love with college football being played in the NFL, I long for the days where teams go back to totting the rock on the ground for 300+ times a season and playing smash mouth defense. The game was separated by no more than 8 points for most of it, and because of that every big play that happened was a huge deal and a big moment, that is what football is suppose to be. A score is suppose to be a big deal this is football not basketball, this is why I have no problem with players celebrating on td's, they are suppose to be HARD to score. 

This defense can be back in full next year, I think Elway keeps them together at all cost. We will have Clady back next year and will use our pick on an Oline men. We are gonna be an ole fashion team next year and that is how you win in the playoffs CONSISTENTLY. I don't wanna use the word dynasty because when you have such a big question at QB anything can happen, but we are built for the playoffs. Most <7 point wins in NFL history for a season this year, smash mouth football is what I LOVE watching. I found us almost boring to watch two years ago with the best offense ever, this year every game I watched was a thriller by the Broncos. 

Said it at the start of the year, this is the best we have been since Manning has been in Denver. Defense wins chips, top defense is now 10-2 in the Superbowl this is no longer a correlation this is causation.  Gonna be celebrating this all summer, especially since the Lakers aren't gonna give me much to cheer about for these next few months ahah. 

I hope Peyton can take a 18 million dollar paycut and come back for one more year. Even though he can't really throw, he can manage the game really well for the defense.

#44 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Starter

• 5,134 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 08, 2016 - 05:35 PM

I know what smash mouth football is, I know my football as well as I know my basketball.

That game was not a game going into the 4th quarter. Lost its steam. Had its moments, great defensive highlights for sure, but for a super bowl it was underwhelming. Broncos defense was just stringing them along. There was probably 4 other playoff games better than this one lol. That Seattle-Minnesota game was more smashed mouth than this game, and that was WITH a LOWER score in a FROZEN FIELD. That was a great game. This one was boring, if not ok.

Like I said, congrats to the Broncos. Well earned after everyone was hugging on Brady's nuts earlier in the year.

Also, I'd be ok with Cam dipping out of the interview if he also wasn't dabbing and showboating all year when they were winning lol. Gotta take it if you dish it like he did.

#45 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,073 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted February 08, 2016 - 06:24 PM

I know what smash mouth football is, I know my football as well as I know my basketball.

That game was not a game going into the 4th quarter. Lost its steam. Had its moments, great defensive highlights for sure, but for a super bowl it was underwhelming. Broncos defense was just stringing them along. There was probably 4 other playoff games better than this one lol. That Seattle-Minnesota game was more smashed mouth than this game, and that was WITH a LOWER score in a FROZEN FIELD. That was a great game. This one was boring, if not ok.

Like I said, congrats to the Broncos. Well earned after everyone was hugging on Brady's nuts earlier in the year.

Also, I'd be ok with Cam dipping out of the interview if he also wasn't dabbing and showboating all year when they were winning lol. Gotta take it if you dish it like he did.

To each their own, but when is a super bowl going into the fourth quarter that is 16-10 not a game? lol 

The Vikings and Seahawk game was an ugly game, not one where it was two defensive juggernauts imposing their will on an offense. The Superbowl had a combined 12 sacks, 4 forced fumbles, 2 interceptions, and a defensive touchdown. The Seahawk game had 1 int, 4.5 sacks, and one forced fumble. That game was so damn ugly because one Birdgewater is awful, and two Wilson had a bad game but this wasn't due much to the defense but rather he was missing passes and not making his usual plays.

It is a futile thing to argue what game was more entertaining, but I have just seen so many places saying how bad the superbowl was yet I found it to be one of the most intriguing games of the year. Top offense vs Top defense. Peyton vs the top scoring defense. Cam vs Pass rush, Probowl oline v. Probowl d line. This game had everything I would want from football. I couldn't care less that there wasnt 300+ yards of offense for both teams and not a combined score of 60+. Denver's defense imposed its will on Cam and the panthers all game long, which was a worthy thing to watch in its own right, but on top of this you had yourself waiting to see if The Sheriff had one more great game left in him. This was a heavyweight fight and each blow was fun to watch. SEA v. MIN was an ugly game where it wasn't so much teams playing great ball as it was both teams playing pretty damn bad on the same exact day. SEA v. MIN had the ambiance because of the frigid cold, other than that the game was a snooze fest. 

Edited by PhillyLaker24, February 08, 2016 - 06:26 PM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

• 43,070 posts

Posted February 08, 2016 - 06:41 PM

Denver D was good no question, but come on now, how many stupid mistakes did Carolina do to themselves? Dropped balls/catches, countless stupid penalties halting any sort of potential momentum or rhythm, more than one guy assuming the dude called for a fair catch and freezing, not diving for the ball, constantly trying to run the ball up the middle on almost every single first down even after continuously getting zero, one, or two yards, etc. Smh. Could go on. Carolina embarrassed their own selves as much as Denver did it to them, if not more.

yo.

#47 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,547 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted February 08, 2016 - 06:45 PM

It was anything but a well played game.

It was boring. Lots of three and outs. Dropped balls. Stupid fumbles. And the game took freaking 4 hours to play for some idiotic reason(and football fans complain about baseball taking forever, kek)

I definitely appreciate defensive games nowadays because the rules have ruined a lot of what made me a bigger football fan when I was younger. But at the same time, it wasn't a well played defensive game. It was just sloppy, reminded me of all the blunders in Peyton's first super bowl against the Bears.

Edited by Mychal, February 08, 2016 - 06:46 PM.

#48 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,073 posts

Posted February 08, 2016 - 07:17 PM

^^^ Those things are what made the roller coaster ride of the game good to me. Mistake free football was definitely not what this game was. However, for the majority of mistakes that both teams made it was because the other team was causing them.

Drop passes? I don't recall many of those drops being when a wr was super wide open, rather you had drops when they were draped in coverage and felt their were foot steps behind and in front of them. Errant throws? You mean Cam overthrowing passes because his mental clock was messed up because the pass rush got into his head early and threw his timing off. Stupid Fumbles? Three strip sacks, and the one by Vonn where he just ripped the football from cam like a piece of candy was anything but stupid.

3 and outs? This is because like I said prior to the game CAR cannot convert on 3rd and longs, and guess what Denver had CAR in all game long? Denver couldn't move the chains for the most part because of Mannings reluctance to throw the ball deep either for fear of a TO or inability and the run game was stopped much of the day because CAR has arguably the best front 7 in football and a top 5 run defense. If denver had a decent QB this game woulda been over by halftime, but we dont so it became a war of attrition. At any point in the game one big play could of forever swung the game in one teams favor, and that meant every down was crucial to success. 

Sloppy? To a degree, but that has to do with the great defensive pressure both teams could create against the others offense. Boring? No way in hell. I'm not calling it the best super bowl ever, but I would have to say it was the best one since probably the giants v Pats. I like games where it seems to be a battle on both sides of the field regardless of who has the ball. Most games today is offense vs offense and whichever defense can make a stop late. This game was the complete opposite, this was what offense can make the least mistakes and score late. Maybe you guys were expecting the Panthers to drop 30 and see a high scoring affair, but anyone that went into the game with that mindset was bound to be disappointed, it was gonna be a defensive battle the get-go.

#49 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,647 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 09, 2016 - 02:11 PM

NE/Seattle was better

Baltimore/San Fran was better

NE/NY was better (both)

GB/Pittsburgh was better

Out of the last, idk 10 SBs...this one was one of the most boring.

• PuigNotLate likes this

Pau Gasol is GONE

#50 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,547 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted February 09, 2016 - 09:26 PM

NE/Seattle was better

NE/NY was better (both)

GB/Pittsburgh was better

2008 was great too. Pittsburgh and Arizona.

#51 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,073 posts

Posted February 11, 2016 - 08:00 AM

NE/Seattle was better

NE/NY was better (both)

GB/Pittsburgh was better

Again it comes down to what you like to see. None of those games involved a defensive battle except NE/NY. It is all a matter of taste when it comes to an exciting game. Super bowls that end up with both teams dropping 30 aren't exciting to me since clearly one half of the game was missing; defense. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users