• Majesty likes this

Posted Image

#2 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,497 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted January 24, 2016 - 08:54 PM

I like both Cam and Peyton, so I don't really care either way. It'd be fun to see Cam win after the season he's had though.

#3 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,127 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 24, 2016 - 09:24 PM

Have been saying it all year, this is the best the broncos have been since Peyton has been there. Defense wins championships that is no secret. Lets go Broncos!

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#4 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted January 24, 2016 - 10:17 PM

Would be cool for either team to win, honestly.

I like Cam Newton a lot. Like Denver's defense a lot. Like both cities a lot. One of my best friends is a Broncos fan his whole life, so it'd be cool for him if they win it.

Hope it's a good one.

#5 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

Superstar

• 7,201 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted January 25, 2016 - 02:00 AM

I def wouldn't mind either team winning seeing that I really want manning to win another ring. But wouldn't mind cam winning one either because of course he is an ex gator and loved his game and him then and still love it now. I have Panthers winning it tho

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#6 Jackson

Jackson

Hall Of Fame

• 9,801 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted January 25, 2016 - 06:22 PM

I like Cam and his personality. I like the Panthers and the way they play.

However, I'm a huge Broncos fan! Hope they win but the Panthers are heavily favored (rightfully so when you consider the best QB in football and that defense they have).

Hopefully the Broncos defense can come through as it has done the whole season.

• PhillyLaker24 likes this

#7 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,127 posts

Posted January 25, 2016 - 07:27 PM

I like Cam and his personality. I like the Panthers and the way they play.

However, I'm a huge Broncos fan! Hope they win but the Panthers are heavily favored (rightfully so when you consider the best QB in football and that defense they have).

Hopefully the Broncos defense can come through as it has done the whole season.

Carolina is good no doubt, but I think their offense is slighty overrated as well as their defense now due to injuries. Cam is the man, but look at their schedule they played one good defense all year and that is the only team that really gave them problems, except for when Rodgers lit them up at home and almost won that. Our defense is on another level from what Cam has faced, he scares me don't get me wrong, but if there is a defense that can slow him down its the one that just held Brady to 18 points.

Not to mention they are being vastly overrated with the trouncing of Arizona because Palmer folded like a lawn chair for the 2nd week in a row. It would of been a real test of their defense to see what Arod could do even with a depleted wr core. Let's not forget Rodgers threw for 77 yards against Denver but went for 369 and 4 tds against CAR. 

Edited by PhillyLaker24, January 25, 2016 - 07:33 PM.

#8 Jackson

Jackson

Hall Of Fame

• 9,801 posts

Posted January 25, 2016 - 07:50 PM

Carolina is good no doubt, but I think their offense is slighty overrated as well as their defense now due to injuries. Cam is the man, but look at their schedule they played one good defense all year and that is the only team that really gave them problems, except for when Rodgers lit them up at home and almost won that. Our defense is on another level from what Cam has faced, he scares me don't get me wrong, but if there is a defense that can slow him down its the one that just held Brady to 18 points.

Not to mention they are being vastly overrated with the trouncing of Arizona because Palmer folded like a lawn chair for the 2nd week in a row. It would of been a real test of their defense to see what Arod could do even with a depleted wr core. Let's not forget Rodgers threw for 77 yards against Denver but went for 369 and 4 tds against CAR. 

Agreed. The Broncos, I believe, played 9 teams that had a record of 10-6 or better and went 7-2. The Panthers played only 4 teams that were 10-6 or better and went 4-0. The Broncos are also a veteran and playoff tested team.

But the key here is Manning. He's been doing a great job in NOT throwing interceptions. The Panthers will pounce on any team that makes mistakes (Seahawks when Wilson threw those 2 interceptions and Palmers recent trash game).

Vegas is on a roll fooling everyone with those lines. They made millions of dollars by getting everybody to bite on the Patriots.

#9 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,127 posts

Posted January 25, 2016 - 08:08 PM

Vegas is on a roll fooling everyone with those lines. They made millions of dollars by getting everybody to bite on the Patriots.

Vegas always knows lol 

Manning is the x factor but a strong defense makes it hard to expect much from him. The thing is the Panthers  were 11th in the regular season  against passing. They are playing above their heads right now thanks to a god awful Palmer (I mean 6 turnovers in a game) and Wilson threw two early dumb picks but then shredded them in the 2nd half. I think Manning is smart enough to not make those errant throws like Wilson and Palmer, and take what the defense gives them because there are plays there. 

• Jackson likes this

#10 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,127 posts

Posted February 06, 2016 - 03:51 PM

Kind of amazing to me to see how many people are picking CAR and don't even believe it will be a game. Last I checked this is the top defense vs the top offense, do they forget the history of when this happens in the super bowl? 

I remember very vividly the beat down from two years ago, top offense vs top defense, and guess who Vegas and majority people were picking to win it? The offense, and our offense that year wasn't just the best for that year in the NFL, stats wise it was the most prolific EVER.

Let's look back at to the NE pats when they were going for 19-0. They had the most prolific offense EVER (up to that point) when they took on the giants. Were 12 point favorites and had everyone and their grandma picking them to blow out the giants. What happened there? 

This is the best defense we have had in our history as a franchise, and we have had some pretty damn good defenses in our history, yet many feel Cam will be able to beast them. I am not sure why when he was held to 142 yards and could only muster 13 points against the Falcons in their only lost. When two of the greatest to ever play QB learned the hard way what happens when you play a hot defense in the super bowl I think so will Cam. 

This panthers offense is good and for one reason only, their own version of the damn wildcat. When Cam lines up under center the Panthers average 2.9 ypc, but when he is in the wildcat they average 5.3, this is what makes their offense go. The thing is when an offense is so good in one dimension it opens everything else up, because Cam can run it opens up the passing. This is like when Manning balled in 2013 Moreno looked good as a rb since teams had to play the pass first. However, when you go up against a stellar all around defense they can stop what you do great and therefore expose the things you do real bad. 

Looking forward to a hell of a game, but I think it will be a low scoring affair and an ugly game. Two years ago I was scared when we played Seattle because defense wins championship and I have believed that since I started watching football. This year the broncos have a defense that is reminiscent of the early 2000's ravens, we smash you in the mouth and keep coming. It almost scares me the confidence I have in them this year because our defense is so dominant, but history repeats itself time again and again, and it has shown that behind a juggernaut defense even a substandard qb can win.(Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson both have rings even though they were at best average because they had an other worldly defense.) 

Edited by PhillyLaker24, February 06, 2016 - 04:01 PM.

• Jackson likes this

#11 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,381 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted February 06, 2016 - 10:09 PM

Car has played like a top 5 defense.. i'd honestly be shocked if the game was close at all by the fourt qtr

ap1.png

#12 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 5,779 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted February 07, 2016 - 01:34 AM

I am not sure why when he was held to 142 yards and could only muster 13 points against the Falcons in their only lost.

Vic Beasley was teeing off on their O-line. He was in Cam's grill all game.

Broncos pass rush is 10x better.

Denver has a great chance so long as they avoid turnovers.

FYI, I got the Broncos winning.

2div

#13 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,127 posts

Posted February 07, 2016 - 10:10 AM

Vic Beasley was teeing off on their O-line. He was in Cam's grill all game.

Broncos pass rush is 10x better.

Denver has a great chance so long as they avoid turnovers.

FYI, I got the Broncos winning.

Yep, if you contain the run and force them into passing on 3rd and long Cam will have a long day.

Interesting stat, out of the 35 eligible QB's, Cam ranks 34th when it comes to converting 3rd downs that are 5 yards or longer. You stop that run game and their offense becomes anemic. 

• Jackson likes this

#14 Jackson

Jackson

Hall Of Fame

• 9,801 posts

Posted February 07, 2016 - 01:06 PM

Yep, if you contain the run and force them into passing on 3rd and long Cam will have a long day.

Interesting stat, out of the 35 eligible QB's, Cam ranks 34th when it comes to converting 3rd downs that are 5 yards or longer. You stop that run game and their offense becomes anemic. 

The Panthers better have taken note of the 2014 Broncos that got smashed by the Seahawks.

#15 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Starter

• 5,137 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 07, 2016 - 01:34 PM

Put in $125 of a $1,000 square. Haha hopefully I can get some good returns today.

#16 Yaboy

Yaboy

Starter

• 4,612 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 07, 2016 - 01:49 PM

Mannings gonna throw at least 3 picks haha ... idc who wins... just wanna watch a good game.

OD_zpsef7494d9.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

• 43,298 posts

Posted February 07, 2016 - 03:31 PM

Tom Brady literally the only one booed. Steph Curry banging the drums. Two biggest moments so far.

yo.

#18 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

Superstar

• 7,201 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted February 07, 2016 - 07:21 PM

Happy for Peyton Manning congrats!!!!! Finally got you another one!

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

• 43,298 posts

Posted February 07, 2016 - 07:30 PM

Damn! That was one of the most exciting super bowls ever! Amazing game!

yo.

#20 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 26,651 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted February 07, 2016 - 07:32 PM

Ugly game. Von Miller dominated. Cam looked overwhelmed.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users