#61 artemis

artemis

A Trojan now, but a Bruin forever

• 1,693 posts
  • Name:Artemis
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar, Pau, Horry

Posted January 23, 2018 - 06:45 PM

^ Spot on.

Also, whoever said, several pages back, that not every one needs a backstory is completely on point. So many characters in the Star Wars universe that do not have backstories. 

“It is by chance that we met, by choice that we became friends.”

Posted Image

rest in paradise bestie matt
8.13.1992 - 9.27.2010

#62 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,218 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 01, 2018 - 06:00 PM

Is that right kray?

You mean like how Boba Fett, also a big iconic character got such a glorious send-off?  Or how Yoda, on e of the most beloved characters in film, simply faded away in bed?  Luke saved his last remaining family member (his sister), the leftover Resistance members and the future of the Jedi, yet somehow, he got a poor send-off?  I'm not sure what to say to that.  Luke had a bigger purpose in his death than any other Jedi in any film (Obi-Wan, Yoda, anyone).

My guess is you were not around for the original trilogy being ion the theatre.  Star Wars had its biggest popularity in its original trilogy run, when people fueled the universe with their own imagination and their own theories on who was who or where they came from.  No, not everything needs a backstory on film, not everything whatsoever.  once again Yoda, in particular.  When you flesh out the backstory on film for each and every little thing it takes the movies away from the fans.

I still think it's simply a case of fans wanting everything spelled out for them art every turn. 

The Last Jedi was brilliant.

#63 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 4,134 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 01, 2018 - 09:12 PM

You mean like how Boba Fett, also a big iconic character got such a glorious send-off?  Or how Yoda, on e of the most beloved characters in film, simply faded away in bed?  Luke saved his last remaining family member (his sister), the leftover Resistance members and the future of the Jedi, yet somehow, he got a poor send-off?  I'm not sure what to say to that.  Luke had a bigger purpose in his death than any other Jedi in any film (Obi-Wan, Yoda, anyone).

Ok I see your point but you can't really think that it had a bigger purpose th................huh..............

#64 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 15,408 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 16, 2018 - 07:25 PM

Ok I see your point but you can't really think that it had a bigger purpose th................huh..............

Obi-Wan saved Luke

Yoda saved no-one

Han was murdered by his son

Vader died saving Luke

Luke gave his last remaining strength for his sister and the rest of The Resistance...not a bad way to go.

And yes, I loved the Last Jedi.  Took my son to watch it and Thor Ragnarok in the same night...The Last Jedi was definitely better.

Edited by GCMD, February 16, 2018 - 07:26 PM.

tenor.gif

Impeachment: Imminent

#65 martin90

martin90

Off The Bench

• 2,178 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted March 19, 2018 - 08:44 AM

this fights with Episode I for worst Star Wars movie ever.

Such a disappointment after 2 very good movies, this was just sad. I gave another opportunity and still terrible.

#66 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 4,134 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted March 19, 2018 - 09:03 AM

I understand if ppl don't like the new star wars movies or hell star wars in general. It baffles me tho how ppl absolutely loved episode 7 but hate episode 8.

#67 martin90

martin90

Off The Bench

• 2,178 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted March 19, 2018 - 09:51 AM

I understand if ppl don't like the new star wars movies or hell star wars in general. It baffles me tho how ppl absolutely loved episode 7 but hate episode 8.

because is a bad movie, and the other 2 movies were good (VII and Rogue one).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users