EyMlHkX.jpg

#25 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,848 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 15, 2017 - 10:38 AM

great entry to the franchise...enjoyed it, whereas VII reminded me of IV (not in a bad way), this one felt like a turning of the page, and a true beginning to another great story.  lots of surprises.

• artemis likes this

Posted Image

#26 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,370 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 17, 2017 - 12:28 AM

Eh.... I'll give my thoughts on this....story.. soon enough.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#27 b.diddy2417

b.diddy2417

Rookie

• 1,005 posts
  • Name:Brian
  • Fan Since:since i was 5

Posted December 17, 2017 - 03:57 AM

Hands down one of best Star Wars movies
There was a lot of things i guess right but the results were completely different than i expected 🤩🤩🤩

#28 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,848 posts

Posted December 17, 2017 - 06:54 PM

yea, lot of people disappointed, i for one was fine with the different overall direction...of course there were some silly, perhaps out of place moments, but overall, thought it was a fun ride

people mad at episode IV because it was too much like old movie, people mad at this one because it was too different...i liked them both

• artemis and lakerfan98 like this

Posted Image

#29 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,370 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 17, 2017 - 08:15 PM

yea, lot of people disappointed, i for one was fine with the different overall direction...of course there were some silly, perhaps out of place moments, but overall, thought it was a fun ride

people mad at episode IV because it was too much like old movie, people mad at this one because it was too different...i liked them both

Pretty much all the dropped plot points from TFA and RIan essentially ignoring them are what upset me the most.  He treated it as if TFA didn't happen. But it did, which made some character decisions he changed really stupid. 

I'll explain more in the video, but here's one of them

Spoiler

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#30 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,848 posts

Posted December 18, 2017 - 01:36 PM

I hear that...and this is consistent with what i've been seeing online, the more casual fans enjoyed it, and the die hard fans really poured through the content, and spent time developing theories and such were the ones who were mostly disappointed.  This almost felt like more like a standalone movie instead of a continuation of TFA, simliar to how a lot of people felt ESB almost didn't first with ep IV right after it came out.  

that's the problem with these movies that are based on large somewhat established universes, there is literally no way to make everyone happy, every director/writer wants to put their spin on it, and make it their movie, and inevitably, some people won't like it because it's not what they imagined the story to be, and that's fine.  if you were an established director, and had made the movie with your vision, i'm sure several people would be disappointed by your film because "it didn't go the way they thought it would, or they felt it should have gone based on history" or they would simply thing it was too predictable if you did do everything the lore implies...same thing is happening with a lot of the comic movies now...civil war for example

Spoiler

I don't know, perhaps the director didn't think of a reason, and just said [expletive] it, i'm going to do my own thing...or maybe there's another explanation.  either way, i do understand why a lot of people didn't like the movie, those positive things i did enjoy about the movie outweighed the negative points for me, and i do agree there were a few...

• lakerfan98 likes this

Posted Image

#31 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 5,521 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted December 20, 2017 - 01:45 PM

movie was so bad

really disappointed

too much comedy

and what the [expletive] princess leia just flying like superman in the galaxy?

disney is raping star wars

• kray28 likes this

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#32 artemis

artemis

A Trojan now, but a Bruin forever

• 1,693 posts
  • Name:Artemis
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar, Pau, Horry

Posted December 21, 2017 - 12:22 AM

Sure the comedy was a little too much, but the original trilogy had comedy as well (granted it was better). Also, you guys need to remember, the movies are still catering to young people, that's the audience. Sure, there are millions of fans that grew up with it and are now 30+, but the youth is still the audience.

Other than that, I liked it. Much more action packed than the first one. That Rey/Kylo duel was amazing. The only thing is, it answered way too many questions, not sure what I am looking forward for the future. And also, stressing out about Leia. If they are not doing CGI for Carrie, and did not kill her in The Last Jedi, then the only thing left is to do a time jump where she dies in between. That's about it.

May the force be with you all.

“It is by chance that we met, by choice that we became friends.”

Posted Image

rest in paradise bestie matt
8.13.1992 - 9.27.2010

#33 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 24,501 posts

Posted December 21, 2017 - 03:06 PM

Spoiler

Edited by last stand 2.0, December 21, 2017 - 03:17 PM.

Posted Image

#34 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 27,891 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted December 21, 2017 - 04:04 PM

Spoiler

#35 artemis

artemis

• 1,693 posts

Posted December 21, 2017 - 10:13 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted Image

8.13.1992 - 9.27.2010

#36 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 4,003 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 27, 2017 - 11:15 AM

Force Awakens played it safe.  Some ppl liked that and others didn't.  Last Jedi took more risks.  Some ppl liked that and others didn't lol.

I liked both.  After suffering through episodes 1-3 you'll never hear me complain about Disney haha.  

#37 artemis

artemis

• 1,693 posts

Posted December 28, 2017 - 01:51 AM

Force Awakens played it safe.  Some ppl liked that and others didn't.  Last Jedi took more risks.  Some ppl liked that and others didn't lol.

I liked both.  After suffering through episodes 1-3 you'll never hear me complain about Disney haha.  

Agreed. Both were fine to me.

Honestly, I can't hate on 1-3. Sure most of the lines were just...yikes. But the stories were fine. It did bring everything together, and for that, I can't dislike them. Plus, some fine actors in them...just were not given the right material.

Posted Image

8.13.1992 - 9.27.2010

#38 Chick Stern

Chick Stern

Rookie

• 832 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Big 4: West/Kareem/Magic/Kobe

Posted December 28, 2017 - 11:44 AM

Spoiler

I saw that, and my first thought was that it was a nod to...
fat-starwars-kid-o.gif

"You can't get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good."

--Jerry West

#39 artemis

artemis

• 1,693 posts

Posted December 28, 2017 - 06:56 PM

I saw that, and my first thought was that it was a nod to...
fat-starwars-kid-o.gif

lol!!!!

Posted Image

8.13.1992 - 9.27.2010

#40 kray28

kray28

Sixth Man

• 3,052 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted December 29, 2017 - 12:27 PM

This movie is best described with two words: hot garbage.

The Force Awakens might have been a a rehash of the A New Hope, but I was okay with that for the most part. It set up some interesting questions and the idea was that The Last Jedi was going to take that set up and forge the path of the Sequel Trilogy in its' own unique way. And this is where it failed so miserably. Right from the very start where Luke takes the lightsaber from Rey and tosses it over his shoulder off the cliff. Key questions that would have essentially defined key plot paths weren't answered or were simply brushed aside. Key heroes/villains that were built up as insurmountable were cut down to size in the most anti-climactic ways possible. The plot was riddles with holes, poorly paced and marred with several, completely pointless side quests. And in the final denouement, well...there was no denouement, our protagonists are left in the same exact state that they were when they started the film. 

This was Star Wars: Get Rid of the Old....but spend 2 and half hours doing it.

Unfortunately, the damage done here is basically irreparable. Nothing JJ Abrams can do in Episode IX can possibly save this disaster. And I don't even care what happens next. Why would you give the middle movie of the trilogy to a writer/director who no clue what he was doing? But I do agree that the overall vision (or lack of it) falls on Kennedy's lap here. She totally dropped the ball....and I don't really see a way out of it. Just like Empire Strikes Back made the original trilogy great, TLJ wrecked the sequel trilogy. Maybe Disney can get rid of Kennedy and let Lucas make his own sequel trilogy?

• DLN likes this

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users