#201 romlakers

romlakers

Rookie

• 1,010 posts
  • Name:Romain
  • Fan Since:98
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 03, 2016 - 09:21 PM

4 games don't undo 2 solid months.  Don't know why anyone would assume they would nor switch their opinions so fast as if it was anything to worry about. 

How about  the 9 of his last 14 games that were in double figures.   How about the entire month of December where he only scored in single digits 4 times?   Yeah...

Like I kept saying before.  I get it. 

I did not say that, but it seems you've troubles to read. Don't worry i get it.

#202 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,194 posts

Posted January 03, 2016 - 09:26 PM

Nobody is talking about numbers. We are talking about hustle and showing heart. Russell had none of it this game, which is alarming. Have we seen Kobe taking a game off like that? Those things build up, and turn into habit. I'm glad Byron took him out. You gotta earn them minutes.

fXlFKv8.gif

#203 romlakers

romlakers

Rookie

• 1,010 posts

Posted January 03, 2016 - 09:29 PM

Nobody is talking about numbers. We are talking about hustle and showing heart. Russell had none of it this game, which is alarming. Have we seen Kobe taking a game off like that? Those things build up, and turn into habit. I'm glad Byron took him out. You gotta earn them minutes.

Exactly. He is too lackadaisical. Damn, you're the second pick, you're playing for the Lakers, put some intensity and heart in it. He is frustrating.

#204 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,660 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted January 03, 2016 - 09:32 PM

Hibbert is [expletive], he showed that all the season.

xpqtf2k.png

#205 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,660 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted January 03, 2016 - 09:38 PM

Mfw I'm young and Clarksons dunk killed me
4NhQlWA.jpg

Edited by bigfetz, January 03, 2016 - 09:38 PM.

#206 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 03, 2016 - 09:43 PM

Exactly. He is too lackadaisical. Damn, you're the second pick, you're playing for the Lakers, put some intensity and heart in it. He is frustrating.

You got an entire month of it and one bad game makes you act as if he needs to b called out on his effort. 

I see.  

4 Rebounds, 1 Block and 2 steals off the bench a little more than 24 hours ago too.  

But now his hustle/intensity/heart needs to be questioned cause of this game. and he's "frustrating" as if he's inconsistent when he's been solid for an entire two months prior. 

I see.  

This isn't a "light switch on, light switch off" type of deal.  Russell played solid throughout November and for the most part ALL of December.   So overracting off of a bad performance in January makes it seem more of a 'waiting to pounce' than evaluating him overall.

Was he "frustrating" you the past 30 days?  Or was it just this game or two, and somehow it's a worrisome big deal? 

If all it takes to alarm you after he averaged 13/4/4 all of December, off the bench most of the time, iis one bad game in January then your hand was already on the bell waiting to pull.   

Overall Russell's been solid, and statistically been one of the top 3 rookies in the league the past 2 months.  So I wouldn't put much stock into this performance as an overall barometer if you've been watching the past month of this kid. 

Edited by Majesty, January 03, 2016 - 09:43 PM.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#207 romlakers

romlakers

Rookie

• 1,010 posts

Posted January 03, 2016 - 09:48 PM

You got an entire month of it and one bad game makes you act as if he needs to b called out on his effort. 

I see.  

4 Rebounds, 1 Block and 2 steals off the bench a little more than 24 hours ago too.  

But now his hustle/intensity/heart needs to be questioned cause of this game. and he's "frustrating" as if he's inconsistent when he's been solid for an entire two months prior. 

I see.  

This isn't a "light switch on, light switch off" type of deal.  Russell played solid throughout November and for the most part ALL of December.   So overracting off of a bad performance in January makes it seem more of a 'waiting to pounce' than evaluating him overall.

Was he "frustrating" you the past 30 days?  Or was it just this game or two, and somehow it's a worrisome big deal? 

If all it takes to alarm you after he averaged 13/4/4 all of December, off the bench most of the time, iis one bad game in January then your hand was already on the bell waiting to pull.   

Overall Russell's been solid, and statistically been one of the top 3 rookies in the league the past 2 months.  So I wouldn't put much stock into this performance as an overall barometer if you've been watching the past month of this kid. 

I praised when it was due so i don't get why you can understand such a simple thing. He had a decent month but lately it is poor. Not that hard to understand.

#208 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,194 posts

Posted January 03, 2016 - 09:48 PM

hustle play
verb hus·tle \ˈhə-səl\

• : to move or work in a quick and energetic way

• : to play a sport with a lot of energy and effort

fXlFKv8.gif

#209 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted January 03, 2016 - 10:10 PM

I praised when it was due so i don't get why you can understand such a simple thing. He had a decent month but lately it is poor. Not that hard to understand.

So again, Roy Hibbert has been playing great lately then? 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#210 romlakers

romlakers

Rookie

• 1,010 posts

Posted January 03, 2016 - 10:15 PM

So again, Roy Hibbert has been playing great lately then? 

4 games not equal 1 game right?

#211 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted January 03, 2016 - 10:22 PM

4 games not equal 1 game right?

Nope. Entire overall seasonal performance does. 

And because of Russell's last 2 games you're screaming you don't think he'll be worthy of his pick 'at this rate' which means you completely supersede the last 2 games over his previous 2 months and his top 3 rookie performance of December.  So all it needs for you to call him underwhelming and someone who won't be worthy of their top 3 pick if they keep "this" up, is two games even if he has one of the best rookie months in December...

I see..

I think I've pieced together all I need to at this point.   We're done here. 

#212 romlakers

romlakers

Rookie

• 1,010 posts

Posted January 03, 2016 - 10:24 PM

Nope. Entire overall seasonal performance does. 

And because of Russell's last 2 games you're screaming you don't think he'll be worthy of his pick 'at this rate' which means you completely supersede the last 2 games over his previous 2 months and his top 3 rookie performance of December.  So all it needs for you to call him underwhelming and someone who won't be worthy of their top 3 pick if they keep "this" up, is two games even if he has one of the best rookie months in December...

I see..

I think I've pieced together all I need to at this point.   We're done here. 

Yeah i get it, i'm done with you since a long time though. This guyane.jpg

#213 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,485 posts

Posted January 04, 2016 - 01:47 AM

I know one thing about this season for sure...we might have one of the funniest bench celebrations in the league.

#214 Nak

Nak

Tank Commander

• 4,040 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted January 04, 2016 - 03:58 AM

It's great to see how good this team can eventually become. At last a blowout win, next is GSW. Let's try to beat those arrogant [expletive]es. 

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#215 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

dwight got traded for the ends of the white🍞& an 🍊

• 8,740 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Blimey!

Posted January 04, 2016 - 07:51 AM

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#216 KSOR24

KSOR24

Off The Bench

• 1,905 posts

Posted January 04, 2016 - 10:25 AM

What's wrong with being arrogant? They've been steamrolling the rest of the league since last year. I think they've earned that right.
  • Ventiquattro likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users