#1 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Hall Of Fame

• 8,982 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted December 23, 2015 - 06:20 PM

A great documentary on Netflix. After watching it, you will never trust the US "justice system" again.

• K-Kris likes this

"Friends come and go but banners hang forever."  - Kobe Bryant

#2 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,186 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted December 23, 2015 - 06:34 PM

Didn't see the documentary but from the trailer the problem is not the justice system, but rather the scum bags that handled the guys case. It is a logical fallacy to say something true of the parts is true of the whole, while there are plenty of down right [expletive] that are cogs in the justice system but the system itself is structured in a way that is for the benefit of the people imo.

Seems like an interesting watch though.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, December 23, 2015 - 06:34 PM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#3 Yaboy

Yaboy

Starter

• 4,624 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 23, 2015 - 07:45 PM

Watched the first episode... [expletive]ed up.

• JEN likes this

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#4 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 26,320 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted December 26, 2015 - 09:58 PM

I urge you all to watch the whole thing. I will never venture into the state of Wisconsin. Just sick. The near ending where steves lawyer says he now hopes he is guilty because if he is innocent he just can live thinking that this could happen to an innocent man. It truly is a scary thing. There is a special place in he'll for that whole counties justice department.
  • K-Kris likes this

#5 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 26,320 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted December 26, 2015 - 10:24 PM

You know most of the time im very skeptical of stuff like this but ive looked into it more and I truly believe there is a major conspiracy. It is scary that stuff like this can happen.

#6 K-Kris

K-Kris

Laker Fan

• 885 posts
  • Name:Kris
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:KB/Randle/Clarkson/D'Lo/Ingram

Posted December 27, 2015 - 06:08 PM

Definitely worth to watch the whole thing.

I couldn't imagine being in Steven Avery's shoes as he went through all this - seeing the justice system fail him time and time again. I gotta give props to Avery's defense lawyers. They did a fantastic job considering what was in front of them. They definitely would have swayed me if I was on the jury.

It's sad that some of the jurors had these preconceived beliefs that Avery was guilty. For that, I put part of the blame on the media. The media has power. It has the power to make the guilty look innocent, and to make the innocent look guilty.

edit: the prosecution also put forth bogus evidence (false testimonies, coerced confessions, etc.), and even though some of that were dismissed, there's no doubt it still lingered in the minds of the jury.

Manitowoc (apologies if i spelled it incorrectly) county should have never been involved in the first place. They were involved in falsely convicting Steven Avery of rape before this murder took place. Avery lost 18 years of his life because of the rape charge, which, again, he did not commit. Now he is losing even more years of his life for, in my eyes, another crime he did not commit.

The system is not well set up to fund the defense side. The prosecution is funded more generously than the defense. The presumption of innocence was not present in this case. The prosecution did not prove beyond reasonable doubt that Steven murdered Ms. Halbach. This case, at the very least, reveals some systemic weaknesses or things we should try to improve in our justice system.

Edited by K-Kris, December 28, 2015 - 11:12 AM.

#7 Wilt Chamberneezy

Wilt Chamberneezy

Rookie

• 954 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq, Kobe, Fisher,Fox, Horry

Posted January 10, 2016 - 02:59 AM

This whole documentary was pretty depressing.

#8 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,247 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 14, 2016 - 12:29 AM

Currently on Episode 3 and it simply disgust me how they're taking advantage of an innocent young boy who clearly is so naive and clueless to the point where he can't even remotely speak for himself...

I mean neither he nor his mom knew the meaning of the word "inconsistent"...

Brendan - "I guessed"

Mom - "You don't guess on stuff like that"

Brendan - "I guess on my homework too"

Edited by lakers1o1, January 14, 2016 - 01:01 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Netflix, Series

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users