• Contributor
  • 8,511 posts

Posted November 22, 2015 - 09:48 PM

POPULAR

They're the Clippers.
  • FranklinPeanuts, pkflyers, Lakersfan1211 and 18 others like this

#3 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 22, 2015 - 09:51 PM

They're the Clippers.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#4 dbtbandit67

dbtbandit67

Rookie

• 402 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 22, 2015 - 10:04 PM

Doc Rivers mightve been given too much credit for what he did in Boston. He was a mediocore coach prior to Big 3. That team had a not-far-from-prime team captain KG screaming defense at every player 1-12 and an up and coming Rondo chasing the ball every possession

CP3 is the captain of this team and is nothing like KG was. One of the best offensive point guards of all time, weak strength for a point guard, can't man up on D at all, flops, fakes getting hit, and gambles to go after steals which leads to an open man and failed defensive possession waaay more often than actually getting the steal

Blake is too stiff, I fear he goes the way of Dwight Howard and Sean Kemp when his legs leave him

DeAndre's the one on that team going after every rebound, manning up, coming up to help to block shots, and setting screens. He played the most minutes tonight and was the best player on the floor tonight. As far as his free throws, his form is the right idea, he just can't aim

• 43,900 posts

Posted November 22, 2015 - 10:12 PM

Yeah, but aside from Jordan's obvious weakness in free throws, you would think and hope he'd also have some semblance of a low post offensive game at this point. With that length and freakish athleticism of his, yet nothing to show for. It's a travesty. That could make life a lot easier for him and the Clippers.

yo.

#6 Wilt Chamberneezy

Wilt Chamberneezy

Rookie

• 952 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq, Kobe, Fisher,Fox, Horry

Posted November 22, 2015 - 10:20 PM

Overrated coach with a meh big 3. You can see the effect of Gentry leaving the Clippers. Their offense has been horrible. No flow without Paul or Griffin controlling the ball. They suck at the 3 and Crawford isn't doing them any favors off the bench. Josh Smith keeps shooting 3s like nothing. DeAndre is useless on the offensive side if he doesn't get dunks. Blake looks like he has a ball and chain stuck to his leg whenever he post up somebody. All power and athleticism. There is only so much Paul can do for this team. They look like another 2nd round exit again. They need to shake it up if they want to go all the way because they are all in their prime now and they still lose. 

• dbtbandit67 likes this

#7 reryo

reryo

Off The Bench

• 1,610 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted November 22, 2015 - 10:23 PM

You're actually concerned about the Clippers?

#8 dbtbandit67

dbtbandit67

Rookie

• 402 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted November 22, 2015 - 10:28 PM

CP3 has [expletive]ing game man. He almost brought the Charlotte Bobcats Hornets to the NBA Finals by his damn self

His legs aren't what it use to be and he still kills it on offense. More skillset than GP, more athletic than Stockton, better than Steve Nash in Phoenix ever was

No D but he looks like more of a coach on the floor than Doc Rivers screaming non-sense on the sideline

At the end of the day the players are gonna listen to their coach over their captain, and Doc just isn't good enough to bring this team a title

#9 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,423 posts
  • Name:Karl
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted November 22, 2015 - 10:29 PM

There's a lot of problems in the Clippers right now.

One of their main problems is their pathetic bench. Year after year the Clippers have one of the worst bench in the league. This year, they probably one of the worst benches once gain.

Other than Jamal Crawford, nobody on their bench can create their own shot or play consistent good basketball. In addition, they don't have a backup point guard and backup center. So Paul and Jordan have to play 40 minutes a game just so they can win games. The problem with that is that by playoff time they will be dead tired.

• dbtbandit67 likes this

#10 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted November 22, 2015 - 10:39 PM

Doc Rivers should thank Kevin McHale every day for gift wrapping him the KG era in Boston. He's a mediocre coach and GM.

Stephenson and Smith is going to be a flop like Austin Rivers was last year. They are bottom 5 in defensive efficiency this year as well.

#11 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 6,007 posts

Posted November 22, 2015 - 10:46 PM

I've got a friend who is a genuine Clippers fan. Tickets were cheaper to those games so his dad bought tickets to that and that's what he watched growing up. He doesn't dislike the Lakers, he just has rooted for the Clippers his whole life.

Anyways....when we traded for CP3 and got rid of Pau and Odom there was a moment of me thinking "Is this a good idea? We're giving up a ton" but I eventually did realize that "Wait, this team just got swept by the Mavs last year. It clearly was not going to work again and the formula needs to change.". Even though the trade didn't go through I did realize what we were doing was actually smart and moving forward.

I've told my friend this a few times the last couple years. This experiment with the Clippers has never proven to work and to keep going at it without changing anything just seems stubborn on their part. He used to think I was wrong but now he's changing his tune. I personally didn't expect them to be losing as many games as they have so far though.

Changing the coach may be a good start considering he's also the GM and has shown a bias such as trading for his own son but they also gotta trade either CP3 or DJ IMO.

I wouldn't trade Blake. He's their best player in my opinion.

#12 Wilt Chamberneezy

Wilt Chamberneezy

Rookie

• 952 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq, Kobe, Fisher,Fox, Horry

Posted November 22, 2015 - 11:09 PM

CP3 for Westbrook or DeAndre for Dwight. Gotta shake it up if you want to go all the way. Clipper probably not going to do anything though

#13 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,591 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted November 22, 2015 - 11:20 PM

CP3 for Westbrook or DeAndre for Dwight. Gotta shake it up if you want to go all the way. Clipper probably not going to do anything though

Zero chance OKC or Houston has any interest in either of those lmao

#14 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,063 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 23, 2015 - 01:27 AM

I've said it for years with many scoffing at me because they like his dunks.

A team centered around Blake Griffin will not succeed.

He doesn't play the game his position requires, especially on the defensive end. Him and Chris Paul compete for the go to guy constantly and I still don't believe anyone on the Clippers cares about winning more than showcasing themselves.

• Majesty and wvlaker like this

#15 Klewfish

Klewfish

Reppin' LA on the East Coast

• 2,197 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:Game 4 of 2000 NBA Finals

Posted November 23, 2015 - 01:52 AM

I think they've repetitively bought into their own hype for things that don't end with winning basketball games. Started with "Lob City" hype and getting into the Hollywood act of flopping. Doc Rivers pumping thoughts into DeAndre Jordan that he's the second coming of Wilt because he rebounds and blocks shots and he should be an All-Star and DPOY when he's entirely reliant on CP3. Blake Griffin hype for his posters and winning dunk contests rather than learning to play defense.

CP3 used to have the killer instinct, but it's hiding behind the Hollywood lights because he doesn't seem to have it anymore.

Then in close games their two bigs are either liability defensively (Griffin) or offensively (DeAndre). 

Not a recipe for success. And after years of not really making any progress overall they seem to just be going through the motions. 

Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

#16 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,403 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted November 23, 2015 - 12:06 PM

Remember when Bynum dropped 40 on DeAndre Jordan?

• Majesty and flota like this

#17 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,669 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 23, 2015 - 01:06 PM

First of all, it's the clippers and no one really cares.

Second of all, i actually agree with fido (for like the 2nd time this year) in that Griffin isn't ideal as the centerpiece of a contending team. I think CP3 would have been a nice 1st option if this was 2010, but CP3 is not the dominant force he used to be. In general, i do think that CP3-Blake-DJ is good enough to form the #1, #2 and #3 option on a contender, but they are flawed and Doc the GM has done a Jordanesque job of putting together a bench (not a compliment). I mean, who is really surprised that his two new bench additions - Lance Stephenson and Josh Smith - doesn't seem to mesh well with the other guys?

I t

• Majesty likes this

#18 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,233 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted November 23, 2015 - 03:45 PM

I think they need a new head coach.  I guy like Byron Scott would be great.

• flota likes this

#19 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,598 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted November 23, 2015 - 04:25 PM

CP3 has [expletive]ing game man. He almost brought the Charlotte Bobcats Hornets to the NBA Finals by his damn self

His legs aren't what it use to be and he still kills it on offense. More skillset than GP, more athletic than Stockton, better than Steve Nash in Phoenix ever was

No D

Lol.
So much wrong

#20 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 27,401 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted November 23, 2015 - 04:43 PM

Griffin and ______ for Kevin Durant. Clippers need to act quick the window is inching shut every game.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: clippers, doc rivers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users