5149 replies to this topic

#81 lonlyamongus

lonlyamongus

Off The Bench

• 2,232 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Eddie Jones, Kobe

Posted November 19, 2015 - 06:46 PM

r u fking serious, why don't you pay Magic, Worthy, Kareem and Scott while you are at it.  

and pay Shaq for his years here, he brought 3 to LA when he was here.

Seriously, Kobe earned his current contract and I'd gladly understand if the Lakers give him the same amount after this.

• GCMD likes this

-------------------------------------------------------------

There no pure haters or pure fans.  It's just the ignorant and the observant.  The pure haters and pure fans are the ignorant, while the rest are the less observant or the more observant. 

#82 lonlyamongus

lonlyamongus

Off The Bench

• 2,232 posts

Posted November 19, 2015 - 06:49 PM

Lol Lin is doing good in the Hornets, i doubt he wants to play for Scott even if he has to quit professional basketball.

No. Bring back Jeremy Lin!

There no pure haters or pure fans.  It's just the ignorant and the observant.  The pure haters and pure fans are the ignorant, while the rest are the less observant or the more observant. 

#83 lonlyamongus

lonlyamongus

Off The Bench

• 2,232 posts

Posted November 19, 2015 - 06:54 PM

Irving putting up stats on a loosing team, but at least he was getting 30 min a game and getting all the touches he want.  CP3 was ready the min. he came.  Russell isn't getting his 30 mins or enough touches.  And frankly he is not as physically talented as Irving or Clarkson, so he needs offensive scheme to hide his physical weakness and help open up the court.

you can't treat everyone the same, each is a different player, some might develop some might not using the same method, obviously Byron is a one trick pony.

Doesn't appear to hurt Clarkson much. CP3 and Irving as rookies looked good under Scott and are apparently still appreciative of his coaching. Yes, this thread is another opportunity to whine about Kobe and Scott, but some people are watching Russell and Randle actually play. 

#84 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Hall Of Fame

• 8,982 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted November 19, 2015 - 07:10 PM

r u fking serious, why don't you pay Magic, Worthy, Kareem and Scott while you are at it.  

you got trolled m8

"Friends come and go but banners hang forever."  - Kobe Bryant

#85 lonlyamongus

lonlyamongus

Off The Bench

• 2,232 posts

Posted November 19, 2015 - 07:15 PM

he got me there

you got trolled m8

#86 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,538 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted November 19, 2015 - 07:31 PM

Lol Lin is doing good in the Hornets, i doubt he wants to play for Scott even if he has to quit professional basketball.

He's actually the same player he's always been. 12/3/3 on 40%

#87 lonlyamongus

lonlyamongus

Off The Bench

• 2,232 posts

Posted November 19, 2015 - 07:45 PM

only difference is, he doesn't get yanked in and out of lineups and gets to finish the game.

his usage rate is way up from his Houston and Laker days, while playing time came down. 

He's actually the same player he's always been. 12/3/3 on 40%

#88 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,538 posts

Posted November 19, 2015 - 07:57 PM

And still same player.

#89 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Do you wanna tickle my big ol' long toes?

• 11,536 posts

Posted November 19, 2015 - 08:16 PM

I like your moxie.

Edited by Disaster in Paradise, November 19, 2015 - 08:17 PM.

• flota and BasketballIQ like this

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#90 rossf

rossf

Rookie

• 226 posts
  • Fan Since:'50s
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted November 19, 2015 - 11:46 PM

Irving putting up stats on a loosing team, but at least he was getting 30 min a game and getting all the touches he want.  CP3 was ready the min. he came.  Russell isn't getting his 30 mins or enough touches.  And frankly he is not as physically talented as Irving or Clarkson, so he needs offensive scheme to hide his physical weakness and help open up the court.

you can't treat everyone the same, each is a different player, some might develop some might not using the same method, obviously Byron is a one trick pony.

Russell isn't Clarkson, CP3, or Irving. So, yes, that's the point. I'd assume since Byron knows guards, and has proven credentials in developing them, that he knows where Russell's game is at this time better than anyone here, and manages it to best benefit both D'Angelo and the team. It's too early to know how the development is going to go, but there are legit praise and criticisms to make of Russell's play so far, regardless of minutes or what scheme he's playing under.

#91 lonlyamongus

lonlyamongus

Off The Bench

• 2,232 posts

Posted November 20, 2015 - 12:27 AM

and i like your trolling

I like your moxie.

#92 lonlyamongus

lonlyamongus

Off The Bench

• 2,232 posts

Posted November 20, 2015 - 12:36 AM

the bold part was the only part i don't agree,  no sign showed that he ever did develop any guards that entered league unpolished.

Both Irving and CP3 put up the stats as the top 2 options on the team immediately after being drafted, which i can only conclude that they are near finished products when they enter the league.  

if Harden, Curry played for Scott, then yes i would agree that they showed signs of progression under the coach.  And i would say for Harden you can also see regress in certain aspect of the game because of coaching habits. 

Russell isn't Clarkson, CP3, or Irving. So, yes, that's the point. I'd assume since Byron knows guards, and has proven credentials in developing them, that he knows where Russell's game is at this time better than anyone here, and manages it to best benefit both D'Angelo and the team. It's too early to know how the development is going to go, but there are legit praise and criticisms to make of Russell's play so far, regardless of minutes or what scheme he's playing under.

#93 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Do you wanna tickle my big ol' long toes?

• 11,536 posts

Posted November 20, 2015 - 01:09 AM

and i like your trolling

wCvlFsU.gif

Spoiler

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#94 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,538 posts

Posted November 20, 2015 - 10:00 AM

the bold part was the only part i don't agree, no sign showed that he ever did develop any guards that entered league unpolished.

Both Irving and CP3 put up the stats as the top 2 options on the team immediately after being drafted, which i can only conclude that they are near finished products when they enter the league.

if Harden, Curry played for Scott, then yes i would agree that they showed signs of progression under the coach. And i would say for Harden you can also see regress in certain aspect of the game because of coaching habits.

So much to slice up

#95 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,201 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted November 20, 2015 - 10:50 AM

the bold part was the only part i don't agree, no sign showed that he ever did develop any guards that entered league unpolished.

if Harden, Curry played for Scott, then yes i would agree that they showed signs of progression under the coach. And i would say for Harden you can also see regress in certain aspect of the game because of coaching habits.

this is a terribly unfair way of judging a coach. You dismiss the good pg's that came up under Scott than bring up Curry, a guy that has had like 4 head coaches since he's been in the NBA. So who gets credit for Curry?

So pretty much what you're saying is that the only way a coach gets credit for developing a player is if the player overachieved throughout his career?

Pop gets no credit for Duncan?

Edited by kidpolean, November 20, 2015 - 10:51 AM.

#96 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted November 20, 2015 - 01:28 PM

Byron being a point guard guru is a myth, just like the "defensive coach" garbo that idiots tried to preach when we hired him. 

• GCMD, flota and lonlyamongus like this

#97 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 8,201 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted November 20, 2015 - 01:39 PM

Byron being a point guard guru is a myth, just like the "defensive coach" garbo that idiots tried to preach when we hired him.

it's a myth based on what? What proof is their that he isn't good with developing pg's? History would suggest otherwise. I'm not arguing that he is because I really don't know I just don't think it's fair to discredit someone's past achievements based on you simply not liking him.

Edited by kidpolean, November 20, 2015 - 01:40 PM.

#98 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted November 20, 2015 - 02:15 PM

it's a myth based on what? What proof is their that he isn't good with developing pg's? History would suggest otherwise. I'm not arguing that he is because I really don't know I just don't think it's fair to discredit someone's past achievements based on you simply not liking him.

Based on the way he has always handled young players, and the offense he runs which minimizes modern point guard strengths. You're not a point guard guru if you think pick and rolls cramp the floor and you run ISO heavy offenses.

Make no mistake, he was doing head scratching things with Kyrie as well. CP3 and Kyrie are the two examples people bring up to make out Byron to be the point guard whisperer, but they forget that both of those guys were can't miss prospects. Chris Paul is going to be in the hall of fame. A grandmother could have coached him. Kyrie Irving was the consensus number 1 pick after only one year of college.

Jason Kidd hated Byron's offense so much that he got him fired. And I'm not discrediting him because I don't like him, I'm discrediting him because he's an idiot that constantly flip flops, double takes, and talks out of his ass like he's some type of competent coach when he has one of the worst records in NBA history over an enormous sample size. Quite frankly, he wouldn't have a job if so many idiots didn't fall for the "knows what it means to be a Laker" nonsense that this front office threw out when they hired him. No one else gave him an interview.

He's miles worse than either of the last two coaches the Lakers had, who were skewered by fans and the media, but he gets a pass for some reason and it's infuriating.

Edited by Mychal, November 20, 2015 - 02:16 PM.

• GCMD, JGuez, K-Kris and 1 other like this

#99 LakerGeezer

LakerGeezer

Sixth Man

• 3,654 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Dennis Rodman

Posted November 20, 2015 - 03:07 PM

Lin has had a couple of good games but his season has been pretty blah.  Shooting 40%, even worse than when he wuz here.

• Majesty likes this

Debbie Downer

#100 kray28

kray28

Off The Bench

• 2,559 posts
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 20, 2015 - 03:25 PM

Yeah, FWIW, D'Angelo looks kinda soft to me. Not enough fire. Or aggression. And he's not going to make it on sheer athleticism. I don't care about stats. But whatever anyone thinks at this point, things could be very different in a month or a year or two years... Nothing to do but watch his progression.

FWIW, that's the same thing I thought of Curry when I first saw him as rookie. Soft, fragile, always getting injured, and not really striking any fear in my heart. 

Look at him now. 

Harden, his first year with OKC....sucked, badly. Everyone thought he was a bust. 

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users