• Please log in to reply
5149 replies to this topic

#5141 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,794 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 12, 2017 - 11:14 AM

Don't think he can. We could start a new Randle mega thread. And lock this one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think if he goes to edit > use full text editor, he might be able to. Not 100% sure. 

#5142 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 13,357 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 12, 2017 - 11:33 AM

Don't think he can. We could start a new Randle mega thread. And lock this one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thread originator should be able to change the title.  Happens all of the time, or it used to.  Maybe they changed the code to prevent it?

tenor.gif

#5143 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,794 posts

Posted July 12, 2017 - 04:28 PM

I wanted to share some of Mike Trudell's thoughts on Russell and Randle (via Reddit): 

Regarding Russell:

I'm still a strong supporter of Russell, which didn't change when he was traded. I've detailed why pretty consistently on the radio show (in sum, his handle-passing-shooting skills combined with his per 36 production from the guard spot at such a young age is on par for a future All-Star). I think Russell will play really well for Brooklyn and keeping getting better as he matures. But at the same time, I totally get why the move was made, as Magic and Pelinka have detailed in various interviews. You were always going to have to give up a legit young talent in order to shed a big contract. Plus, Lopez can play, and is an asset both for this season and offers some interesting possibilities of what you can do with that expiring contract (or in finding a way to bring him back if things work out very well chemistry wise, and depending upon the free agent acquisitions). So, you can both miss Russell's game and potential and understand why the deal was made.

Regarding Randle:

From what I've seen of Randle's jumper at the practice facility, it definitely looks a bit more smooth and crisp. Most players who work hard - and Randle definitely does - can make legit gains in the offseason. Of course, it's one thing to drill J's in practice and another to apply it during regular season games. Something to give you confidence, though: he improved his overall FG% by 6+ percent last season. That's partly due to his shot improving but even more so to his b-ball IQ and comfort level of where and when to take his shots.

• Majesty, K-Kris, Ventiquattro and 2 others like this

#5144 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,316 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 13, 2017 - 08:40 PM

Just heard he is shooting 3's everyday with Clarkson. I hope he takes advantage of wide open looks from Lonzo.

Ireland reported that Lakers trainers say Randle and Clarkson are making 25, 30, and 35 STRAIGHT 3's. 

This is going to be a great season to be watching.

Also

Lakers News: Luke Walton says Julius Randle studies Draymond Green film with him

usa_today_8978347.0.jpg

It sounds like the duo of Walton and Randle definitely have that sort of goal in mind, and have spent time watching “a lot” of film featuring Green over the past year. Luke joined Zach Lowe’s The Lowe Post podcast and delved into how the Lakers are hoping to develop their very own Draymond.

“We've sat down and watched a lot of Draymond film together, and Julius and Draymond have even spoke on the phone a few times. Draymond is a fan of his too. He thinks he's going to be a really good player, and so they've talked on the phone. And we sit down and watch film, as far as what his reads are, when he's coming off, he's into it.

“He wants to get better, he wants to learn. I'm hoping that it is going to be a big year for him,” Walton said.

From the looks of things from Randle this summer, he’s very much preparing for a monster year. Julius has been shredding body fat like crazy, which you can check out over here, and looks like he’s in the best shape of his life.

That’s something Julius knows will be important for his game playing alongside Lonzo Ball, who’s going to push the pace. Randle spoke with NBA TV during summer league and alluded to needing to get into better shape now that he’s seen how Ball runs the offense.

Walton discussed how hard Randle’s been working, as well as the fact that his outside shot is looking “much better.”

“He's shredded right now. He's been working out two to three times a day. His three-point shot looks much better. The way he's flying up and down the court. We were doing one on one drills the other day, and guards couldn't even get shots off because he's just moving that much quicker. And he was already one of the quickest players in the league before he put on this new training.
https://www.silversc...walton-analysis

kobe.gif

Edited by Majesty, July 13, 2017 - 08:40 PM.

• UKUGA, K-Kris and Olabebeh like this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#5145 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,381 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted July 14, 2017 - 05:08 AM

The Mrs not letting him attend Vegas summer league??

:P 

Hahaha...unless i missed him there?

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#5146 Oasis Lover

Oasis Lover

Rookie

• 107 posts
  • Name:Roy
  • Fan Since:'89
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted July 14, 2017 - 05:33 AM

I hope Julius plays great this year and is a Laker for life screw all this max free agent bs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Busty Bluth likes this

#5147 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,441 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted July 14, 2017 - 06:14 AM

I want randle to blossom and be our max guy. Other Macbeth. Players are aging
  • Busty Bluth and Success@Success@Success like this

ap1.png

#5148 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,222 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 14, 2017 - 06:35 AM

If I had to pick between Bron and PG as the max player next year Im taking Bron all day. 

• Busty Bluth and KidRN like this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#5149 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,441 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted July 14, 2017 - 10:12 AM

If I had to pick between Bron and PG as the max player next year Im taking Bron all day.

bron will beast until age 37

ap1.png

#5150 kray28

kray28

Off The Bench

• 2,687 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted July 14, 2017 - 10:15 AM

What flavor of Doritos can we get for a package of Randle and Deng?

• Busty Bluth likes this

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users