4673 replies to this topic

#4661 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 7,030 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted Today, 05:04 AM

So D'Angelo liked a "Tweet" implying he doesn't think #Lakers should draft Lonzo? What y'all think about this? (via @LakersNation) https://t.co/lTMTBzwTSz

Well the tweet implies that Russell was a better prospect than Ball coming out of college. I agree with this and see nothing wrong with him liking it. Confidence is a good thing. I don't think his like was meant to mean that he doesn't want Ball on our team, it was probably just him liking the fact that someone acknowledged that he was a good prospect.
  • FranklinPeanuts likes this

#4662 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,292 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted Today, 05:17 AM

He's not untouchable but it's pretty freakin' close (excuse my language).  I wouldn't trade Ingram for Fultz...but I'd trade everyone else on the roster for Fultz.  If MINN offered Towns, sold.  LeBron?  Sold.  KD, obviously...not a lot of others come to mind...I'm sure there are a few more but it can't be more than 10 total...

Based on what? Ingram right now?

Probably 25 guys you could name you trade him for. All positions. 3 or 4 on GS and 2 on Cavs is 5 or 6 right there. AD, Harden, Kawhi, Kat Giannis, now we're at 10 and it took 2 seconds to list.

Maybe another minute to think of another 10.

Simmons? Hasn't played a game but maybe?

Based on POTENTIAL, maybe fewer.

But why give Ingram the benefit of growth potential, when you don't give it to Randle?

If the Lakers want better players the are likely going to have to give up our current ones if those players are difference makers.

Perfect world we make room for 3 all stars RIGHT NOW and keep BI.

I still say 15-18 months of deal making may bring us 2-3 stars, but we may lose those we value most right now

Praying for  1. Youngsters Ballin (Didn't really happen on a consistent basis at all) 2. Miracle Trade (Also didn't happen. And we traded our best player for chump change) 3. Kick Ass Rooks (Zubac exceeded, Ingram tried but disappointed overall)

READY FOR SEASON TO BE OVER!!!

#4663 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 1,722 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:1974
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted Today, 05:31 AM

As I stated, you guys are losing it lol

Ok fine, what about Mozgov, Deng and our 2033 first round pick for PG? Who says no?

#4664 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,030 posts

Posted Today, 07:29 AM

So D'Angelo liked a "Tweet" implying he doesn't think #Lakers should draft Lonzo? What y'all think about this? (via @LakersNation) https://t.co/lTMTBzwTSz

Man I hate this Mike guy...

#4665 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,371 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989

Posted Today, 07:51 AM

Ramona was just on ESPNLA speaking on it. I just caught the tail end of it. I just caught the part where Miychal asked is it Ball at 2 to the Lakers and she said it is a 50/50 chance. People are really liking Jackson a whole alot, fitting next to Ingram and Ball has yet to do a workout yet.

I personally have not came across any info about the top picks doing workouts yet.

• Ventiquattro likes this

#4666 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,071 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted Today, 11:16 AM

I took a lot of heat for comparing Russell to Andre Miller. Have any of you watched Miller highlights or remember the 20 to 30 Miller as oppose to the 30 to 40 Miller. I think you'd be surprised at the similarities; and on defense you may give Miller the edge

They don't play anything alike including pace. Dre isn't fast nor is Dlo but they play nothing alike.

Edited by BasketballIQ, Today, 11:16 AM.

#4667 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

All-Star

• 6,227 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted Today, 11:24 AM

I took a lot of heat for comparing Russell to Andre Miller. Have any of you watched Miller highlights or remember the 20 to 30 Miller as oppose to the 30 to 40 Miller. I think you'd be surprised at the similarities; and on defense you may give Miller the edge

Andre was a 6'2 oversized (in terms of weight) point guard that faired best with his back to the basket.  He had absolutely no perimeter shot and wasn't even a threat from beyond 15 feet at any point in his career.  Russell is a prospect that has been highly touted for his shooting abilities from both mid-range and from 3.  At no point in Miller's career more than (1.5) 3-point attempts in an entire season.  Throughout his 16 year career, he averaged (0.7) 3-point attempts per game.

Their games are nothing alike... If anything, they're probably polar opposites.

#4668 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 4,219 posts
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted Today, 12:12 PM

I think he liked because someone said something positive about him. Don't think it's about Lonzo.
  • FranklinPeanuts likes this

#4669 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,531 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted Today, 12:14 PM

https://streamable.com/51ysl

Randle is looking really lean. 

#4670 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,371 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989

Posted Today, 12:25 PM

I think he liked because someone said something positive about him. Don't think it's about Lonzo.

Russell has said to have taken that down or unliked the tweet

#4671 stillshining

stillshining

Off The Bench

• 1,967 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted Today, 12:50 PM

Andre was a 6'2 oversized (in terms of weight) point guard that faired best with his back to the basket. He had absolutely no perimeter shot and wasn't even a threat from beyond 15 feet at any point in his career. Russell is a prospect that has been highly touted for his shooting abilities from both mid-range and from 3. At no point in Miller's career more than (1.5) 3-point attempts in an entire season. Throughout his 16 year career, he averaged (0.7) 3-point attempts per game.

Their games are nothing alike... If anything, they're probably polar opposites.

Andre Miller still dropped 52 one game lol 😏

#4672 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 11,637 posts

Posted Today, 02:44 PM

Well the tweet implies that Russell was a better prospect than Ball coming out of college. I agree with this and see nothing wrong with him liking it. Confidence is a good thing. I don't think his like was meant to mean that he doesn't want Ball on our team, it was probably just him liking the fact that someone acknowledged that he was a good prospect.

Yeah, no.  There is not one situation or aspect of the game where Russell outshines Lonzo EXCEPT P&R.  Ball shot 5 less fga/g than Russell and at a higher %...Ball had more rpgs and and apgs than Russell.  Rated as a better defender with a better A/T ratio.  Ball took his team farther in the NCAA Tourney, had a better overall record and almost the same 3pt% (Ball 41.2, Russell 41.1)

Ball has been considered a top 2 NBA prospect since the beginning of the season...Russell wasn't considered a top 2 prospect until the LAKERS decided to take him 2nd overall during the Draft Workouts.

Add to that, Ball is a MUCH better athlete and compared to Jason Kidd on a regular basis.

The tweet could have implied Russell was a better prospect...doesn't mean it was true.  Your disdain for Ball is really affecting your analysis.

Based on what? Ingram right now?

Probably 25 guys you could name you trade him for. All positions. 3 or 4 on GS and 2 on Cavs is 5 or 6 right there. AD, Harden, Kawhi, Kat Giannis, now we're at 10 and it took 2 seconds to list.

Maybe another minute to think of another 10.

Simmons? Hasn't played a game but maybe?

Based on POTENTIAL, maybe fewer.

But why give Ingram the benefit of growth potential, when you don't give it to Randle?

If the Lakers want better players the are likely going to have to give up our current ones if those players are difference makers.

Perfect world we make room for 3 all stars RIGHT NOW and keep BI.

I still say 15-18 months of deal making may bring us 2-3 stars, but we may lose those we value most right now

Based on potential and his ability to become a Franchise player within this system and his potential to become an elite defender...

Don't talk to me about Randle unless you want to hear what I believe to be the truth...it's the same things I said when he was drafted, when we drafted Russell and when we drafted Ingram.  Randle has potential but you HAVE to build around him for that potential to be realized...and not in a "change the offense to fit him"...you'd have to throw the offense out of the window and build around his tendencies, sorta like the ORL Magic with Dwight in the 4 out-1 in...

Anyone who thinks Randle's potential is near Ingram's has lost it.  It's not even close.  That wasn't an insult, just MY opinion.

I never deny what Randle can become.  I just know and see and acknowledge that building around Randle would mean a return to a Kobe/Carmelo style offense that would heavily depend on Randle becoming an ALL TIME GREAT Scorer...no way am I hitching my wagon to that.

Edited by GCMD, Today, 02:46 PM.

tenor.gif

#4673 kidpolean

kidpolean

Superstar

• 7,030 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted Today, 04:11 PM

Yeah, no. There is not one situation or aspect of the game where Russell outshines Lonzo EXCEPT P&R. Ball shot 5 less fga/g than Russell and at a higher %...Ball had more rpgs and and apgs than Russell. Rated as a better defender with a better A/T ratio. Ball took his team farther in the NCAA Tourney, had a better overall record and almost the same 3pt% (Ball 41.2, Russell 41.1)

Ball has been considered a top 2 NBA prospect since the beginning of the season...Russell wasn't considered a top 2 prospect until the LAKERS decided to take him 2nd overall during the Draft Workouts.

Add to that, Ball is a MUCH better athlete and compared to Jason Kidd on a regular basis.

The tweet could have implied Russell was a better prospect...doesn't mean it was true. Your disdain for Ball is really affecting your analysis.

Based on potential and his ability to become a Franchise player within this system and his potential to become an elite defender...

Don't talk to me about Randle unless you want to hear what I believe to be the truth...it's the same things I said when he was drafted, when we drafted Russell and when we drafted Ingram. Randle has potential but you HAVE to build around him for that potential to be realized...and not in a "change the offense to fit him"...you'd have to throw the offense out of the window and build around his tendencies, sorta like the ORL Magic with Dwight in the 4 out-1 in...

Anyone who thinks Randle's potential is near Ingram's has lost it. It's not even close. That wasn't an insult, just MY opinion.

I never deny what Randle can become. I just know and see and acknowledge that building around Randle would mean a return to a Kobe/Carmelo style offense that would heavily depend on Randle becoming an ALL TIME GREAT Scorer...no way am I hitching my wagon to that.

I don't dislike Ball at all. You just like him way too much. I prefer Russell, not sure why you keep trying to change my opinion.

If I didn't like Ball than I'd be against taking him 2nd.

Russell is certainly better at more areas than the PnR and I'm sure this has been covered already. I'm not going to argue this because it's silly. We will see who the better prospect is considering the fact that both will likely be on our roster next season.

We have went back and forth on this...time to wait and see

Edited by kidpolean, Today, 04:30 PM.

#4674 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,030 posts

Posted Today, 05:01 PM

Russell is the better prospect imo..

I think Lonzo is going to be good in this league, I just dont think he's the player most people think he is..

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (3)