5149 replies to this topic

#4581 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,680 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted May 18, 2017 - 08:27 PM

Most of those guys at least started out with solid efficiency though. And again, most of those guys aren't stars. Giannis is probably the best argument you have among those players.

I'll admit that a decent case is being made that very good players can blossom later. But stars? That's a rare thing. James Harden is the only good argument I've heard against that.

Star is relative.

Kawhi was seen as below George and Butler as two way threats early.

#4582 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,396 posts
  • Name:CAS
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Kobe or Kobe-Magic

Posted May 19, 2017 - 05:08 AM

Star is relative.

Kawhi was seen as below George and Butler as two way threats early.

Agreed.

#4583 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 26,345 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted May 19, 2017 - 01:39 PM

Forgot about this.

• bfc1125roy and LakeShow1o1 like this

#4584 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,396 posts

Posted May 19, 2017 - 01:48 PM

Hahahahaha

#4585 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,078 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted May 19, 2017 - 11:02 PM

You're bordering on Jay The Great level of posting contributions

Out of all people that post on here your the last person to talk [expletive] about what i post. You contribute close to nothing in a discussion and most the time its hard to understand what you're trying to say. Gtfoh
  • GCMD likes this

#4586 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,680 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted May 19, 2017 - 11:06 PM

Out of all people that post on here your the last person to talk [expletive] about what i post. You contribute close to nothing in a discussion and most the time its hard to understand what you're trying to say. Gtfoh

Lol. Low intelligence

#4587 RobBlake

RobBlake

Starter

• 4,450 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted May 19, 2017 - 11:21 PM

Lmao

ap1.png

#4588 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,078 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted May 19, 2017 - 11:36 PM

Lol. Low intelligence

Again you contribute nothing just ignore me bro and ill do what most other people do and igore you.
  • GCMD likes this

#4589 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,157 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted May 20, 2017 - 03:57 AM

I'm trying to figure out how this Ball / Russell combo is suppose to be so great when the opposing 1 and 2 guards on damn near every team will average a combined 50 or 55 points on our 1 and 2 every game. Unless one of them starts on the bench. Zu Moz Black nor Randle could possibly rim protect that much. Hell; Shaq or Rudy couldn't. This is going to be really interesting to see how this unfolds. I'm lovin it!!!  

Edited by lakersince75, May 20, 2017 - 03:58 AM.

#4590 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,396 posts

Posted May 20, 2017 - 05:02 AM

I'm trying to figure out how this Ball / Russell combo is suppose to be so great when the opposing 1 and 2 guards on damn near every team will average a combined 50 or 55 points on our 1 and 2 every game. Unless one of them starts on the bench. Zu Moz Black nor Randle could possibly rim protect that much. Hell; Shaq or Rudy couldn't. This is going to be really interesting to see how this unfolds. I'm lovin it!!!  

Im not so sure we're keeping both, I have a feeling we'll be moving either the pick or Russ... 

#4591 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,456 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted May 20, 2017 - 05:25 AM

Im not so sure we're keeping both, I have a feeling we'll be moving either the pick or Russ...

Why do you guys think we are trading Russell? He is our best player and this will likely be his breakout year. I think you have to at least try him next to a playmaker before you trade him.

#4592 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,396 posts

Posted May 20, 2017 - 05:33 AM

Why do you guys think we are trading Russell? He is our best player and this will likely be his breakout year. I think you have to at least try him next to a playmaker before you trade him.

It could be the #2 pick... I just have a feeling this FO is going to make big moves... also if you wait another year and the kids don't progress and produce you now have lost some value... the stock market is tricky.

Edited by LACAS, May 20, 2017 - 05:36 AM.

• GCMD likes this

#4593 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,566 posts

Posted May 20, 2017 - 05:45 AM

It could be the #2 pick... I just have a feeling this FO is going to make big moves... also if you wait another year and the kids don't progress and produce you now have lost some value... the stock market is tricky.

On the contrary, what if he gets traded and balls?

I get the sentiment though, I feel the same way. I feel it's gonna be a mistake trading Russell and not the pick. Heck, it might be a mistake trading either.

#4594 LACAS

LACAS

Off The Bench

• 2,396 posts

Posted May 20, 2017 - 05:56 AM

On the contrary, what if he gets traded and balls?

I get the sentiment though, I feel the same way. I feel it's gonna be a mistake trading Russell and not the pick. Heck, it might be a mistake trading either.

S--- happens, it very well could happen, thats the stock market, the nature of the beast... gambling on the unknown.

Im truly torn on Russ vs the # 2 if it indeed it comes down to this... our margin for errors is minimal.   

Edited by LACAS, May 20, 2017 - 05:56 AM.

• GCMD likes this

#4595 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,456 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted May 20, 2017 - 06:30 AM

S--- happens, it very well could happen, thats the stock market, the nature of the beast... gambling on the unknown.

Im truly torn on Russ vs the # 2 if it indeed it comes down to this... our margin for errors is minimal.

Russ all day!

#4596 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,248 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted May 20, 2017 - 12:24 PM

I actually think the front office is playing it very smart and won't pull the trigger on any deal involving Russell, Ingram, or the 2nd overall pick.

Not many GMs tend to show their cards nor specify their future plans regarding offseason transactions.  For Magic to go forward and state that he is planning on saving money this season and focusing on making a splash in 2018 speaks volumes.  

I expect (and hope) that Pelinka and Magic will simply develop the young core and allow them to show what they are capable of until the trade deadline.  The guys that are auditioning for their roles moving forward are Jordan Clarkson, Julius Randle, and Larry Nance.  If those guys have shone to make a reasonable leap and elevate their games within the first few months of the season, you hang onto them.  If not, you look to package them with either Mozgov or Deng in order to shed that extra bit of cap space to potentially sign 2 max players or a single max player and complimentary role players to pair with Ball, Ingram, Russell, and likely Zubac.

Let's say Randle or Clarkson don't pan out or meet expectations during their Junior campaigns.  I can certainly see the Lakers packaging a deal surrounding one of them with Deng or Moz, as well as other minor pieces (2nd round picks) in order to obtain the expiring contract of Brook Lopez.

While many view the 2nd overall pick, Russell, and Ingram as our current trade chips.  I think the actual pieces being shopped are Clarkson, Randle, and Nance.

Edited by LakeShow1o1, May 20, 2017 - 12:26 PM.

#4597 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,566 posts

Posted May 20, 2017 - 12:48 PM

Why trade a valuable asset to get rid of Mozdeng? 2018 class is not strong..

• KidRN likes this

#4598 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 13,358 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 20, 2017 - 01:51 PM

Watch Randle's portion of this video on screen setters.

This depends on the guards getting open...this video explains why the offense looked so bad.  And it's why Randle can't operate within this offense without the ball in his hands.

• bfc1125roy likes this

tenor.gif

#4599 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,712 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 20, 2017 - 08:40 PM

Watch Randle's portion of this video on screen setters.

This depends on the guards getting open...this video explains why the offense looked so bad.  And it's why Randle can't operate within this offense without the ball in his hands.

" Randle can be a good screener when he wants to be. "

#4600 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 13,358 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 21, 2017 - 07:01 PM

" Randle can be a good screener when he wants to be. "

62% of the time, he doesn't...that's very concerning in an offense where there is so many off ball screens and so much movement.  That's means around 2/3rds of the half court plays will FAIL when Randle's on the court...

You think we have a CHANCE to win like that?

Edited by GCMD, May 21, 2017 - 07:01 PM.

tenor.gif

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (2), Bing (1)