Photo

Julius Randle & D'Angelo Russell

• Please log in to reply
4199 replies to this topic

#3021 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 53,110 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 10, 2017 - 11:31 AM

D'Angelo Russell 17/8/7/3

Julius Randle, D'Angelo Russell & Brandon Ingram Highlights

• JGuez likes this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#3022 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 22,704 posts

Posted January 10, 2017 - 01:48 PM

I don't think people are quite aware of how well Russell has been playing the last week or so. And not even scoring but in terms of dictating tempo
Posted Image

#3023 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

All-Star

• 6,080 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 10, 2017 - 01:50 PM

I don't think people are quite aware of how well Russell has been playing the last week or so. And not even scoring but in terms of dictating tempo

I agree.  People are always praising Ingram for his unique feel for the game and how smooth he is.  Russell is just as smooth if not even more fluid.  Alot of the things he does seem effortless at times and his ability to read the defense and make certain passes is superb for a 20 year old sophomore.

As the youngsters begin to gel, we'll see a few strings of wins here and there no doubt.

#3024 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 5,826 posts

Posted January 10, 2017 - 02:15 PM

I agree.  People are always praising Ingram for his unique feel for the game and how smooth he is.  Russell is just as smooth if not even more fluid.  Alot of the things he does seem effortless at times and his ability to read the defense and make certain passes is superb for a 20 year old sophomore.

As the youngsters begin to gel, we'll see a few strings of wins here and there no doubt.

I think because of how the draft played out + his style of play + NY incident had left a bad taste in some fans. I've heard Russell being booed at staples this year.

Ingram/Russell/Randle tandem is interesting nonetheless as all 3 are versatile af.

Edited by Ventiquattro, January 10, 2017 - 02:59 PM.

• LakeShow1o1 likes this

#3025 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,115 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted January 10, 2017 - 02:48 PM

Also think D'Lo is the best interview on Lakers.

He's a thoughtful kid and doesn't just give rehearsed answers we've all heard a million times.

Really looking forward to his career and growth as a Laker (hopefully an all timer)

Praying for  1. Youngsters Ballin (Didn't really happen on a consistent basis at all) 2. Miracle Trade (Also didn't happen. And we traded our best player for chump change) 3. Kick Ass Rooks (Zubac exceeded, Ingram tried but disappointed overall)

READY FOR SEASON TO BE OVER!!!

#3026 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

All-Star

• 6,080 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 10, 2017 - 03:32 PM

I think because of how the draft played out + his style of play + NY incident had left a bad taste in some fans. I've heard Russell being booed in staples this year.

Ingram/Russell/Randle tandem is interesting nonetheless as all 3 are versatile af.

Yeah, everything that happened last year really took a toll on his image.  Winning basketball and success will erase it all so hopefully he will continue to trend upward.

Russell, Randle, and Ingram may not be as good on paper as Towns, Wiggins, and LaVine.  However, I think our trio has accepted to concept of team basketball and the IQ/feel for the game in which the 3 have makes them a very promising tandem moving forward.

#3027 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 5,826 posts

Posted January 10, 2017 - 04:02 PM

Yeah, everything that happened last year really took a toll on his image.  Winning basketball and success will erase it all so hopefully he will continue to trend upward.

Russell, Randle, and Ingram may not be as good on paper as Towns, Wiggins, and LaVine.  However, I think our trio has accepted to concept of team basketball and the IQ/feel for the game in which the 3 have makes them a very promising tandem moving forward.

Personally, Individually the Wolves have better prospects( most of the weight goes to KAT and Wiggins esp the former). I just think the Lakers trio are more compatible and can be better as a group than theirs.

This is all speculation so obviously I might either right or wrong. Out of the 7 players on both teams( Dlo,JR,Ingram, KAT, Wiggins, Lavine and Dunn), KAT has the highest potential but I still think our players can develop better as a group. 

Edited by Ventiquattro, January 10, 2017 - 04:02 PM.

• LACAS likes this

#3028 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 5,826 posts

Posted January 11, 2017 - 09:07 AM

Up to this point:

Russell is having career high numbers, Randle as well except for FT%.

Hopefully Randle learns how to play through tough games. Russell is somewhat better in that department; He can find ways to help his team if shots arent falling for example.

OTOH, Clarkson has regressed statistically though he's playing in a different role with less minutes than last year( 5 minutes less). The good? Clarskon has been better lately at passing the ball.

#3029 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 53,110 posts

Posted January 11, 2017 - 09:30 AM

Brilliant First Half from Russell and terrible second half from everyone including him.  

The team got away from what they did that was working in the first and it broke down into one on one when stuff started to get rough. 

Luke made a great point that suddenly when the ball movement returned we started hitting open jumpers again, but the momentum shift had happened. 

What this team needs is maturity when things starts to break down like that to not go into one on one mentality to carry the team cause that doesn't work.  It may a few times, but not consistent enough at this point in any of their careers. 

But yeah, the Russell we saw in the first half that was on triple double watch is the guy we hope he'll become for entire games as he reaches his prime and consistency. 

Because that first half Russell was him doing what he did at OSU at NBA speed and that would be great to watch.    Hope Luke helps him harness staying in that zone, like he has with Randle.  Though going by what Russell says, Luke's got him on a routine which has been doing that so we shall see how it progresses. 

• JGuez likes this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#3030 Klewfish

Klewfish

Reppin' LA on the East Coast

• 2,173 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:Game 4 of 2000 NBA Finals

Posted January 11, 2017 - 10:33 AM

Maj, I said the same exact thing to a friend regarding D'Lo's 1st half performance, he was making plays like he did at OSU. That court vision was on display, and even though his shot wasn't falling he was fun to watch. 

•     and Majesty like this
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

#3031 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 53,110 posts

Posted January 11, 2017 - 10:48 AM

Maj, I said the same exact thing to a friend regarding D'Lo's 1st half performance, he was making plays like he did at OSU. That court vision was on display, and even though his shot wasn't falling he was fun to watch. 

Only real thing I'd change is I'd like to see more plays run through the post on him vs guards like Lillard when his shot isn't falling, because Lillard would either give him an open shot or would have to foul him, because the smaller point guards can't deal with Russell in the post, so I'd like to see more of than when his shot isn't falling, and off ball movement when it happens to open up other areas and shot opportunities for his teammates. 

•     likes this

#3032 Klewfish

Klewfish

• 2,173 posts

Posted January 12, 2017 - 04:30 PM

I'd like to see them run more cutters when Russell post ups, instead of just isos.

Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

#3033 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 5,826 posts

Posted January 12, 2017 - 04:56 PM

Whoever Kawhi is guarding should just take a courtside seat lol. play 4 on 4.

#3034 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 53,110 posts

Posted January 13, 2017 - 10:10 AM

Whoever Kawhi is guarding should just take a courtside seat lol. play 4 on 4.

That's actually a strategy other teams do utilize.  They use whomever Kawhi is guarding as a decoy to keep him out of the play defensively while they play 4 on 4 against the Spurs weaker defenders. 

• The Big Fish and DanishLakerFan like this

#3035 Klewfish

Klewfish

• 2,173 posts

Posted January 13, 2017 - 01:18 PM

^ Almost like when a NFL team has a dominant CB, the other CB's get targeted more often and the team suffers. 

• The Big Fish and Majesty like this

#3036 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Superstar

• 7,927 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 13, 2017 - 09:39 PM

That's actually a strategy other teams do utilize.  They use whomever Kawhi is guarding as a decoy to keep him out of the play defensively while they play 4 on 4 against the Spurs weaker defenders. 

That's a nice problem to have.

#3037 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 15,798 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 14, 2017 - 03:14 AM

If they can plug in another A level defender, that would really help.

Julius can improve on both ends too.

I think he can be PF LeBron at his very best.

Not A PF version of LeBron but the aspects of LeBron game that makes him effective at PF and even point forward. And what LeBron became at the defensive end is a better archetype for Julius than Draymond

#3038 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,115 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted January 14, 2017 - 06:54 AM

Better if we not compare JR to all time greats.

Especially a top 5 guy.

Maybe he gets to all star level, maybe not.

But certainly something to aspire to in LeBron.

Just unlikely anyone gets there in our lifetime...or at the least, another 20-30 years

• LACAS likes this

Praying for  1. Youngsters Ballin (Didn't really happen on a consistent basis at all) 2. Miracle Trade (Also didn't happen. And we traded our best player for chump change) 3. Kick Ass Rooks (Zubac exceeded, Ingram tried but disappointed overall)

READY FOR SEASON TO BE OVER!!!

#3039 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 15,798 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 14, 2017 - 12:23 PM

Did you read it of just browse?

#3040 Jackson

Jackson

Hall Of Fame

• 9,473 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted January 14, 2017 - 03:58 PM

Flashes in the pan...

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Byron, Bing (1)