#1 manaro90

manaro90

Starter

• 4,802 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted November 17, 2015 - 12:54 AM

IT IS WHAT IT IS..

They just dont look like they will dominate the league in 3-4 years..

I mean look at KD or Westbrook in Seattle or OKC 2007,2008.. you could see flashes of chemistry and that those guys will someday dominate the NBA!

I dont see this in Russells game right now noa in Juilus Randle..in fact Randle looks so invisible! I just dont know what to say ...

This just sucks...

Cologne, Germany Baby! LAKERS FOR LIFE.  |   Add me Instagram: princealaddin90

#2 Danny

Danny

Rookie

• 484 posts
  • Name:Danny
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 17, 2015 - 01:08 AM

Give them two full nba seasons to develop, dude. They're kids who are still growing their game.

#3 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,580 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted November 17, 2015 - 01:09 AM

Way too early to project their careers in any meaningful way.

KD was shooting 30 something percent for quite a while. James Harden was terrible his rookie year. Tyreke Evans had an awesome rookie year and fell off hard. Steve Nash couldn't get 25 mins a night his second year, and Kobe didn't come into his own till his third year.

There are players that are great from the start, but I think it's really rare. I think if you go through lists of rookies you are going to see far more non factors in their rookie years than instant stars.I also think it's really rare for players to not improve at all. Julius' problems are fixable. Russell will look better with more minutes and when he gains a little muscle and isn't being held back by the worst coach in the league. Our advances numbers are already far better with both of them on the floor, but they don't get the minutes so....

It's not what anyone wants to hear, but it's likely it will be a few years before we know what kind of players Julius or Russell can be. 

• GCMD, JGuez, K-Kris and 4 others like this

#4 L4K

L4K

Off The Bench

• 1,576 posts
  • Name:Jason
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted November 17, 2015 - 01:30 AM

Yep after 10 career games I think it's safe to say that we can come to a definitive conclusion about how their careers will pan out.

• MAMBA24ILL, DaSmoothOperator and JGuez like this

#5 lakesh0w

lakesh0w

Rookie

• 271 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Laron Profit, Chucky Atkins

Posted November 17, 2015 - 01:31 AM

First 11/12 games in their career and already determining this  :zzz:

1st 11 games of Steph Curry career (21 y/o) : 9.3 PPG, 4.9 APG, 2.4 RPG, 1.4 SPG, 48% FG, 28 MPG 

Some people were calling Anthony Davis out too early in his rookie year. 

Give it time, it's a process developing players, this fan base is not used to this. It's hurting me too, but like said, give it more time before coming to conclusions like this.. (It doesn't help either having a coach that isn't putting our young guns in positions to flourish, grow, and mesh together.. that's why I think as long as Byron is the coach, the development of the youngins will be hindered)

That said, remember these rookies that were looking like All-Stars..

-Tyreke Evans, joining the Big O, MJ, & Bron as only Rooks to avg 20-5-5..

-Brandon Jennings, put up 55 pts vs GSW, put up 30 pts in his first playoff game.. people were screaming next AI

You can't count them out just cause they don't have great rookie years, and can't crown em just cause they have a great rookie year..

Its still early in the year anyways, if they don't at least show flashes by the end of the season then you can start the murmurs of this, but til then, just be patient.. (& IMO Julius has already shown flashes this year.. but yea he has been lack luster and disappointing to watch as of late tho) 

#6 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 7,027 posts

Posted November 17, 2015 - 02:05 AM

Westbrook in his first 11 NBA games:

24mpg 12ppg 3.1rpg 3apg 1.4spg 2.5topg with shooting 31.3% from the field

Russell:

24.8mpg 9.5ppg 4rpg 2.7apg 1spg 1.5topg with shooting 39.3% from the field

It didn't happen until Westbrook was consistently getting 30+ minutes that he broke out. Chill out.

Edited by Tensai, November 17, 2015 - 02:12 AM.

• Massacre, JGuez and manaro90 like this

fXlFKv8.gif

#7 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

All-Star

• 6,088 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted November 17, 2015 - 02:18 AM

Every player on this roster looks invisible because the offense is so garbage... I sound like a broken record constantly saying it's the offense but it's truth...

Had maybe one of our veterans in Kobe, Lou Williams, or Nick Young been able to find there niche, then I would be so quick to judge, but even prominent scorers in those guys have been posting up career lows in terms of shooting percentage...

#8 Klewfish

Klewfish

Reppin' LA on the East Coast

• 2,174 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:Game 4 of 2000 NBA Finals

Posted November 17, 2015 - 02:37 AM

Every player on this roster looks invisible because the offense is so garbage... I sound like a broken record constantly saying it's the offense but it's truth...

Had maybe one of our veterans in Kobe, Lou Williams, or Nick Young been able to find there niche, then I would be so quick to judge, but even prominent scorers in those guys have been posting up career lows in terms of shooting percentage...

Technically Nick Young is shooting slightly above average FG% for his career, and his 43% 3PT shooting is ranked 10th in the NBA for players that have at least 20 3PM this season (meanwhile Kobe and Lou are ranked 97th and 98th, respectively in 3PT%)

Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

#9 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

All-Star

• 6,088 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted November 17, 2015 - 02:41 AM

Technically Nick Young is shooting slightly above average FG% for his career, and his 43% 3PT shooting is ranked 10th in the NBA for players that have at least 20 3PM this season (meanwhile Kobe and Lou are ranked 97th and 98th, respectively in 3PT%)

Oh, in that case, Byron's offense is GOD

#10 Klewfish

Klewfish

Reppin' LA on the East Coast

• 2,174 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:Game 4 of 2000 NBA Finals

Posted November 17, 2015 - 02:55 AM

Oh, in that case, Byron's offense is GOD

Obviously not what I meant. Just that Young actually seems to have found a good niche and is playing relatively better in his role than Kobe or Lou are playing in theirs. 

Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

#11 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,136 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted November 17, 2015 - 04:24 AM

Saw the graphic that showed Randle putting up TWICE the stats at home vs away.

Much better player at Staples. Could be a rookie thing learning a road routine that works. Lets hope so. He and Nance looked awful. I tuned out with 6 minutes left

• UKUGA and PuigNotLate like this

Praying for  1. Youngsters Ballin (Didn't really happen on a consistent basis at all) 2. Miracle Trade (Also didn't happen. And we traded our best player for chump change) 3. Kick Ass Rooks (Zubac exceeded, Ingram tried but disappointed overall)

READY FOR SEASON TO BE OVER!!!

#12 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 6,962 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted November 17, 2015 - 05:22 AM

Randle looks more comfortable at home.  Not unusual.

The ignore feature is a healthy alternative to feeding trolls. 

#13 avcpl

avcpl

Rookie

• 1,023 posts
  • Fan Since:since my dad took me to see "Wilt the Stilt" at the Forum
  • Fav. Laker:whoever wins the next game

Posted November 17, 2015 - 05:40 AM

way too early to tell, but the safe money was always going to be against it. Just being a high draft pick and a Laker is hardly a guarantee of becoming an all-star, though it seems a lot of people are expecting it anyway...

#14 kidpolean

kidpolean

All-Star

• 6,797 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted November 17, 2015 - 06:07 AM

Being an all-star simply depends on how weak or strong your position currently is in the nba. There really is no way to tell if they could be all-stars at this point. However, if you said that they won't be "superstars" I'd agree. There is a huge talent difference among players that play in the all star game every year, so measuring a player by whether or not they can make an all star team doesn't really measure their talent level.

Russell and KD were the original example...those guys are superstars.

Edited by kidpolean, November 17, 2015 - 07:33 AM.

• lakersince75 likes this

#15 romlakers

romlakers

Rookie

• 1,010 posts
  • Name:Romain
  • Fan Since:98

Posted November 17, 2015 - 06:54 AM

Being an all-star simply depends on how weak or strong your position currently is in the nba. There really is no way to tell if they could be all-stars at this point. However, if you said that they won't be "superstars" I'd agree. There is a huge talent difference amount players that play in the all star game every year, so measuring a player but whether or not they can make an all star team doesn't really measure their talent level.

Russell and KD were the original example...those guys are superstars.

Indeed but there are few of them. Not even one at every draft. 

#16 Lightsoutwilly

Lightsoutwilly

Off The Bench

• 2,194 posts
  • Name:William
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 17, 2015 - 07:01 AM

Summer league: " Russell is a rookie, its only summer league. Wait til he plays in the rrgular season." Dont be too quick to judge.

Regular season: " its too early to tell because this is his rookie season/year."

Lets just admit, he is not a bad player but he will not be the guy that we are expecting him to be. The kid has planted in his head that, he can just come in and be a stud. Now reality has sanked in, that nba is a man league.
  • lakersince75 likes this

#17 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 5,873 posts

Posted November 17, 2015 - 07:18 AM

Lets just admit, he is not a bad player but he will not be the guy that we are expecting him to be. The kid has planted in his head that, he can just come in and be a stud. Now reality has sanked in, that nba is a man league.

Don't know how anyone could possibly know this or think they know this.

Typical internet response about a professional athlete. Pretending you know what's going on in their head.

#18 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 15,839 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted November 17, 2015 - 07:33 AM

Yeah. Lightsout is right. Every player should be judged by ability to immediately adapt to the NBA.

Tyreke Evans is really better than Curry and Harden.

Marbury was better than Nash and Iverson is better than Kobe.

#19 kray28

kray28

Off The Bench

• 2,312 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted November 17, 2015 - 07:35 AM

The rookies are going to suck on the road.

Clarkson was good offensively though...he kept us in it for a while. He isn't a rookie though, right?

Randle was just out to lunch.

Russell got whooped on by Bledsoe. Hope it doesn't hurt his confidence, but there is more of that waiting for Russell as he meets other elite points in the league.

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#20 kidpolean

kidpolean

All-Star

• 6,797 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted November 17, 2015 - 07:40 AM

Yeah. Lightsout is right. Every player should be judged by ability to immediately adapt to the NBA.
Tyreke Evans is really better than Curry and Harden.
Marbury was better than Nash and Iverson is better than Kobe.

dude stop with the stupid comparisons of players that have absolutely nothing to do with Russell or anybody else. It's a different situation. Not everything happens the same way.

If you want to defend Russell than do so without bringing up other players in every post.

Russell isn't Kobe, Nash, Harden, or Curry. Hell Nash, Curry, and Kobe type of players may not be seen again for an extremely long time.

Your comparisons are silly. Every GM in the NBA would be jumping with joy if they drafted anybody even close to Iverson or Marbury.

And why the hell do we keep talking about Tyreke as if he is a scrub? Dude would easily be the best player on the Lakers right now. Dude is averaging 16 5 5 for his career. That's solid

Edited by kidpolean, November 17, 2015 - 07:44 AM.

• Чад likes this

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)