6 replies to this topic

#1 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted November 03, 2015 - 02:15 PM

I'm going to my first midnight release for Fallout 4, and I've never been to one so IDK what to expect.

Any of you guys go to these? How early should I get there? I live in a big city and I don't want to be waiting for an eternity.

#2 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,717 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 03, 2015 - 02:47 PM

never done one personally, but i know people who have.  i would think you wouldn't have to show up for more than 2 hours early for fallout...

bring a portable chair if you got one...if not a blanket perhaps?  probably some snacks and use the restroom before you go?

someone else might be more help

Posted Image

#3 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 6,007 posts

Posted November 03, 2015 - 07:12 PM

Did you pre-order?

I haven't gone to a midnight release in like 5 years. I think I would have arrived an hour or 2 before. Hopefully they give you free schwag.

Any reason you didn't just want to download it/preorder digitally?

#4 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts

Posted November 03, 2015 - 07:14 PM

Did you pre-order?

I haven't gone to a midnight release in like 5 years. I think I would have arrived an hour or 2 before. Hopefully they give you free schwag.

Any reason you didn't just want to download it/preorder digitally?

I pre ordered.

I don't do digital when it comes to games. I always like having a physical copy.

• pkflyers and DTIII™ like this

#5 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,159 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted November 05, 2015 - 05:54 AM

I have been to a bunch and also live in a big city, they have never been that crazy. The most recent one I was at was a 2k one at game stop, I legit showed up 10 mins before midnight and was out of there by 12:20. I don't know what store your going to, but if you already have it pre-ordered you don't really have to worry about showing up 2 hours early. Of course fall out 4 is a huge release, but again if you have it pre-order the store will have a method in place to give you guys the game as fast as possible as soon as the clock strikes 12.

• PuigNotLate likes this

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#6 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts

Posted November 05, 2015 - 10:32 AM

I have been to a bunch and also live in a big city, they have never been that crazy. The most recent one I was at was a 2k one at game stop, I legit showed up 10 mins before midnight and was out of there by 12:20. I don't know what store your going to, but if you already have it pre-ordered you don't really have to worry about showing up 2 hours early. Of course fall out 4 is a huge release, but again if you have it pre-order the store will have a method in place to give you guys the game as fast as possible as soon as the clock strikes 12.

Cool man thanks a lot!

I'm thinking of heading in around dinner time on monday, pay off the game, get my number, and I'll slide back close to midnight. I  read that people that already paid it off are the first to get their games.

#7 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,159 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted November 05, 2015 - 05:16 PM

Cool man thanks a lot!

I'm thinking of heading in around dinner time on monday, pay off the game, get my number, and I'll slide back close to midnight. I  read that people that already paid it off are the first to get their games.

Yea normally stores will have two separate lines one for paid off games and another for those that need to finalize the purchase. Based off your plan you should be good, but since your going in early you might as well asked the store associates how they plan on handling the midnight release they should tell you everything you need to know.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users