4813 replies to this topic

#1 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,724 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted October 31, 2015 - 11:07 AM

After seeing this interview I am done. https://youtu.be/Nr73EIZqK4Y

I am so sick of hearing they didn't give enough effort. I guess all your teams never give effort right byron. That's why your last 4 years have been filled with poor defense and losing records. Just keep blaming your players instead of relizing that Kelly and bass vs stein and cousins is a awful matchup. But yea I guess they should just keep running more laps. That will fix everything. This guy is worse than MDA who he used to crap on while he did the half time and post game shows.

FIRE BYRON SCOTT!!!!

• GCMD, pkflyers, True Lakers Fan and 6 others like this

#2 lonlyamongus

lonlyamongus

Off The Bench

• 2,232 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Eddie Jones, Kobe

Posted October 31, 2015 - 11:20 AM

so it begins 

After seeing this interview I am done.

I am so sick of hearing they didn't give enough effort. I guess all your teams never give effort right byron. That's why your last 4 years have been filled with poor defense and losing records. Just keep blaming your players instead of relizing that Kelly and bass vs stein and cousins is a awful matchup. But yea I guess they should just keep running more laps. That will fix everything. This guy is worse than MDA who he used to crap on while he did the half time and post game shows.

FIRE BYRON SCOTT!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------

There no pure haters or pure fans.  It's just the ignorant and the observant.  The pure haters and pure fans are the ignorant, while the rest are the less observant or the more observant. 

#3 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,372 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 31, 2015 - 11:33 AM

"You gotta man up.  It doesn't come down to Xs and Os sometimes."

Of course because if it came down to philosophy, lineups, and in game adjustments it would be your fault.  Maybe we got blown out from the tip because your coaching philosophy is garbage and we gave up 80 points in the paint because you thought playing Bass and Kelly at center was a good idea.  It's like he heard the criticism in the summer and said hey we'll shoot more 3s and play smaller that's what teams do now right?  He's an old school coach trying to fit into a league that has passed him by.  I understand the importance of continuity but to hell with it I'd have no problem firing him next week if it's more of the same.  I think we have enough talent to win 35 games but Byron Scott will never get us there.     

#4 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Do you wanna tickle my big ol' long toes?

• 11,536 posts

He needs a full season to get a real sense of what he'll bring to this team. Scott impressed.

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#5 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 6,177 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

All we need is a Kobe death stare and he'll be out.

9QBrl.gif

#6 martin90

martin90

Off The Bench

• 1,743 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted October 31, 2015 - 11:46 AM

the only guys playing good in offense are the ones that can create his own shoot (Young, Clarkson and Lou), in defense we are terrible only Hibbert is playing decent.

Byron is not coaching at all, all he's doing is keep the team in good shape. Our primary goal this season is to build a team and develop the youth is the most important thing, if Byron can't do that just fire him (right now he can't).

#7 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,172 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted October 31, 2015 - 11:47 AM

It's an obvious tank for Simmons season.

The Lakers are furious they missed out on Wiggins and Towns and they want some good lovin'.

#8 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 24,241 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar

Posted October 31, 2015 - 11:49 AM

"You gotta man up.  It doesn't come down to Xs and Os sometimes."

Of course because if it came down to philosophy, lineups, and in game adjustments it would be your fault.  Maybe we got blown out from the tip because your coaching philosophy is garbage and we gave up 80 points in the paint because you thought playing Bass and Kelly at center was a good idea.  It's like he heard the criticism in the summer and said hey we'll shoot more 3s and play smaller that's what teams do now right?  He's an old school coach trying to fit into a league that has passed him by.  I understand the importance of continuity but to hell with it I'd have no problem firing him next week if it's more of the same.  I think we have enough talent to win 35 games but Byron Scott will never get us there.     

PRETTY MUCH THIS!!!!!!!!

I never heard him blame himself, It's always on the players. ALWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#9 Swift

Swift

Rookie

• 573 posts
  • Name:Swift
  • Fan Since:1984

Posted October 31, 2015 - 11:54 AM

By the way, can I get off moderator queue now? It's been like seven months. I haven't posted much since. Start of new season. New attitude.  

I'm not going to expect anything good as long as Byron Scott is HC. He's boring and he's always negative about his players even when they play a good game. I love the Lakers but I hate it when I look at the sideline and I see Coach Grumpy Scott standing there.

His philosophy is ancient. His old school mentality is ancient. His approach to the game is ancient. He's a relic. He's an old jalopy trying to win a race against a sexier, sleeker, faster, exotic car. 

I am all for getting rid of Byron Scott. The faster he vacant the Staples center, the better. 

#10 Instigator

Instigator

Hall Of Fame

• 9,058 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted October 31, 2015 - 12:03 PM

Doubt PJ could do better with this lineup

#11 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,159 posts

Posted October 31, 2015 - 12:03 PM

Lakers beatwriter Darius Soriano searched and found similar quotes from Byron going back to last season and his time with the Cavs lol.  Always man up or soft. 

• MrRJ, kray28, Tensai and 3 others like this

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#12 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,159 posts

Posted October 31, 2015 - 12:05 PM

POPULAR

People that keep talking about the roster and how the team probably wouldnt be winning with a better coach are missing the point.  This team isn't being USED correctly.  Granted they still have holes like a backup 5 and the fact that Kobe does not fit with the team and how he plays but still.  If you draft a player #2 you need to try to maximize him. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#13 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,085 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted October 31, 2015 - 12:11 PM

Team already quit on Byron?

Until they show me otherwise.

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#14 stillshining

stillshining

Off The Bench

• 2,015 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted October 31, 2015 - 12:14 PM

Team already quit on Byron?
Until they show me otherwise.

That's one thing that's not being talked about. If the problem is not X and Os according to Byron, then isn't their lack of effort an indictment on his ability to inspire them to compete? Either way he doesn't look too good
  • Jody Smokes likes this

#15 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,724 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted October 31, 2015 - 12:26 PM

What is byrons contract. Just 3 years right?

Edit yep 3 years with a 4th option. About 4mill a year. So they would have to eat about 8 mill.

Edited by bigfetz, October 31, 2015 - 12:27 PM.

#16 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,559 posts

Posted October 31, 2015 - 12:27 PM

Bernie bickerstaff would've done a better job.

The goal of a strategy is to let players play street basketball ( in other word freely) while giving them plays and structure that comes as second nature to them. Reps would increase the familiarity with one another.

The moment your players get confused on the court it means you didn't transform the knowledge properly to them.

Players seem lost on both ends which is a normal reaction. On top of that, Byron is clueless when it comes to reading games. I mean all you need to know is that you have mark madsen sitting on the bench to know what your coaching staff is made of. I will never forget that last play out of DOUBlE TO in summer league.

Can't the lakers just hire someone for the remainder of the season ? Sure Byron won't get fired anytime soon but if they continue to play like this FO has to step up.

Byron got us a 2nd pick. Mission accomplished , now out.

Our problem seems deeper than coaching though. 3 bad hirings in a row ( though I know replacing Phil is hard ) and mismanaging the cp3 trade timing ( thanks to Jim buss according to an article I read back then).

New blood seems to be the best remedy for the lakers.

Edited by Ventiquattro, October 31, 2015 - 12:29 PM.

• UKUGA likes this

#17 UNLABORED FLAWLESS

UNLABORED FLAWLESS

Rookie

• 989 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted October 31, 2015 - 12:32 PM

No matter the coach ……kobe will still jack up shots and not get others involved …..so the coach isn't the problem 

#18 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 24,241 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar

Posted October 31, 2015 - 12:40 PM

No matter the coach ……kobe will still jack up shots and not get others involved …..so the coach isn't the problem 

Why are you still here. We get it, you hate Kobe

Anyways, no matter how the roster is constructed they will not be use properly as long as Byron is still here.

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#19 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,559 posts

Posted October 31, 2015 - 12:41 PM

Mmm no the coach is the problem. Kobe will still shoot but probably can get better looks if there is structure involved. Or maybe not. But his post game interview was nice to hear. Hopefully that translates on the court though.

#20 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,172 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted October 31, 2015 - 12:41 PM

Lol.

Well. Another year, another troll.

• kray28 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users