Photo

2016 Draft Prospects / Lottery

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5173 replies to this topic

#41 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 30, 2015 - 04:28 PM

Imo I seriously think we can def be a top 3 worst team. 

They weren't a top 3 worst team last year with Jordan Hill, Robert Sacre, Wayne Ellington and Ronnie Price starting. 

you think they'll be one this year with Roy Hibbert, Julius Randle, Kobe Bryant starting with Lou Williams off the bench with Young and Huertas setting them both up? 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#42 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

Superstar

• 7,230 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted October 30, 2015 - 04:36 PM

Can Kobe stay healthy for a entire season? Defense is still terrible with Hibbert so he doesn't bring much to the table expect blocking shots and some rebounding. Lou, and young doesn't bring you 30 wins and I know you not counting on rookies and roleplayers to win you games. I Only see slight improvements not to change the fact coach is still awful with his rotations and bad coaching

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, October 30, 2015 - 05:37 PM.

#43 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,128 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted October 30, 2015 - 05:06 PM

They weren't a top 3 worst team last year with Jordan Hill, Robert Sacre, Wayne Ellington and Ronnie Price starting. 

you think they'll be one this year with Roy Hibbert, Julius Randle, Kobe Bryant starting with Lou Williams off the bench with Young and Huertas setting them both up? 

The Knicks will be playing under a sense of desperation, and the Wolves as has been pointed out, are better.

Really the only teams we will be competing with in the bottom 3 are the Sixers and whatever random team that feels tanking.

If the Lakers only win 2 or 3 of the next 9 then peg this season as a tank. Anything near .500 and we can start focusing on development.

#44 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,128 posts

Posted October 30, 2015 - 08:21 PM

So just how good is this Ben Simmons guy?

#45 romlakers

romlakers

Rookie

• 1,010 posts
  • Name:Romain
  • Fan Since:98
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 30, 2015 - 08:26 PM

I fear he will be trash if Scott is still our coach. He will play him as a guard.

#46 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,116 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 30, 2015 - 08:29 PM

I fear he will be trash if Scott is still our coach. He will play him as a guard.

Wrong... Center

#47 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,527 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted October 30, 2015 - 08:37 PM

Wow. I guess people are angry.i don't understand what Byron is preventing.
Russell was on ball. Had some points. Few dimes. Clarkson continues to improve.
Randle vs DMC is like Mudiay vs Westbrook.

And Rondo looks good early.

#48 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Do you wanna tickle my big ol' long toes?

• 11,520 posts

Posted October 30, 2015 - 08:38 PM

Getting closer & closer, Ben Simmons.

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#49 Чад

Чад

Kings

• 4,683 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 30, 2015 - 11:59 PM

Randle plays the same spot as him.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#50 alec613

alec613

Off The Bench

• 1,658 posts
  • Fan Since:Can't remember
  • Fav. Laker:Adam Morrison

Posted October 31, 2015 - 12:36 AM

he can play any position under Scott :naughty:

TEAM TANK

TEAMtANK.png

#51 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 31, 2015 - 01:10 AM

Same as Randle. Smoother handle, same lack of jump shot.  Very talented. Can leap out of the gym.

The only difference between him and Randle is that we drafted Randle and we aren't drafting him. 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#52 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

Superstar

• 7,230 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted October 31, 2015 - 07:20 AM

Two different players. Two def styles. Simmons is playmaking forward. Randle is a bully forward. They do similar stuff but Simmons is better at it. Randle can't play the SF postion like Simmons can. Way better court vision, passer than Randle, Simmons has tremendous ambidexterity which he can finish and dribble with either hand. More explosive, quicker, faster, and a better leaped than Randle. Better feel for the game better understanding of the game that is why it looks simple for him. Brings more attention and impact on the game. He has Superstar potential Randle doesnt. If I had to take one def taking Ben Simmons but we don't have to or trade any because Simmons can play multiple positions and fits in with anyone.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, October 31, 2015 - 07:35 AM.

#53 Julien

Julien

Off The Bench

• 1,978 posts

Posted October 31, 2015 - 10:04 AM

He will move Randle at C.

#54 bandiger

bandiger

Rookie

• 40 posts
  • Name:Alan Kahn
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johson

Posted October 31, 2015 - 10:15 AM

Two different players. Two def styles. Simmons is playmaking forward. Randle is a bully forward. They do similar stuff but Simmons is better at it. Randle can't play the SF postion like Simmons can. Way better court vision, passer than Randle, Simmons has tremendous ambidexterity which he can finish and dribble with either hand. More explosive, quicker, faster, and a better leaped than Randle. Better feel for the game better understanding of the game that is why it looks simple for him. Brings more attention and impact on the game. He has Superstar potential Randle doesnt. If I had to take one def taking Ben Simmons but we don't have to or trade any because Simmons can play multiple positions and fits in with anyone.

Well if the 76ers can draft centers on consecutive years, this team can certainly pick up another PF/SF. I just hope one of them can shoot midrange.

#55 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,659 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted October 31, 2015 - 10:25 AM

I feel like the Lakers have enough young talent. Id rather they trade any pick we get If we do get one.

#56 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,537 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted October 31, 2015 - 11:55 AM

Unlike the previous two seasons, tanking this season is a bad idea. We'd have no guaranteed that we'd keep the pick - even if we had the worst record.

That said, we sure will be bad enough that there is a chance that we land a top 3, in which case i think Ben Simmons, Dragan Bender, Skal Labisierre, Brandon Ingram, Jaylen Brown all would be fantastic additions.

#57 lakerfan98

lakerfan98

Vice President of Interneting Operations

• 3,370 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted October 31, 2015 - 12:00 PM

In all likelihood we'll end up giving Philly a pick in the 6-8 range and be furious about it.  Definitely not getting my hopes up.   

#58 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,128 posts

Posted October 31, 2015 - 12:06 PM

Same as Randle. Smoother handle, same lack of jump shot.  Very talented. Can leap out of the gym.

The only difference between him and Randle is that we drafted Randle and we aren't drafting him. 

I'll say this. If Randle does not impress this year and you have Simmons lined up, you trade Randle and get Simmons.

#59 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,128 posts

Posted October 31, 2015 - 12:08 PM

Unlike the previous two seasons, tanking this season is a bad idea. We'd have no guaranteed that we'd keep the pick - even if we had the worst record.

That said, we sure will be bad enough that there is a chance that we land a top 3, in which case i think Ben Simmons, Dragan Bender, Skal Labisierre, Brandon Ingram, Jaylen Brown all would be fantastic additions.

I think the worst record guarantees a top 3 pick.

It is a terrible idea to tank this season. This season is about developing our core. But obviously that has not been the case.

#60 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,761 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 31, 2015 - 12:15 PM

Worst record is only guaranteed a top-4 pick. Far too risky to tank.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users