Photo

2016 Draft Prospects / Lottery

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5173 replies to this topic

#1 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,373 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted October 28, 2015 - 10:16 PM

I think in reality this thread should've been created after our failed offseason and latest roster patch up.

So who's THEE player this year?

• lakersince75 likes this

#2 Wilt Chamberneezy

Wilt Chamberneezy

Rookie

• 952 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq, Kobe, Fisher,Fox, Horry

Posted October 28, 2015 - 10:17 PM

I thought we didn't have any picks anymore. The only pick we would get is the top 3 protected ones

#3 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Do you wanna tickle my big ol' long toes?

• 11,549 posts

Posted October 28, 2015 - 10:19 PM

Time to reload.

I like to dip my feet in toilet water & smell them.

#4 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,373 posts

Posted October 28, 2015 - 10:22 PM

I thought we didn't have any picks anymore. The only pick we would get is the top 3 protected ones

That's all that matters.

#5 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 6,177 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 28, 2015 - 10:23 PM

Tank for Simmons

9QBrl.gif

#6 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,074 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted October 28, 2015 - 10:27 PM

Were are not going to be bad enough to finish in the top 3.

#7 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,564 posts

Posted October 28, 2015 - 10:29 PM

lol man give us a break..

#8 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,794 posts

Posted October 28, 2015 - 10:32 PM

I was so nervous on lottery day with the top 5 protected pick...no way I'd survive with the top 3 restriction. 

• Jackson likes this

#9 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 15,062 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 28, 2015 - 10:44 PM

You honestly don't think they'll be bad enough to finish top 3?

I think it's a very real possibility.

• Jackson likes this

#10 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

Superstar

• 7,238 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted October 28, 2015 - 11:10 PM

Ben Simmons plz

#11 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 28, 2015 - 11:12 PM

Weak minded if serious after the first season game.  I'll give the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not.  

This team isn't bad enough to be bottom 3 if healthy.   They were barely able to be bad enough to land bottom 3 last year, and even then it's a crap shot due to the fact they were just 4th or 5th.   They retooled the roster this year and it's better than the one last year.  With a healthy or relatively healthy season, bottom 3 isn't happening. 

Sorry to burst the bubble. 

This is pretty much the "which player is Philly gonna get" thread.  

Be better to wish that their pick is around 15th instead of 4th. 

Edited by Majesty, October 28, 2015 - 11:14 PM.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#12 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,373 posts

Posted October 28, 2015 - 11:16 PM

Weak minded if serious after the first season game.  I'll give the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not.  

This team isn't bad enough to be bottom 3 if healthy.   They were barely able to be bad enough to land bottom 3 last year, and even then it's a crap shot due to the fact they were just 4th or 5th.   They retooled the roster this year and it's better than the one last year.  With a healthy or relatively healthy season, bottom 3 isn't happening. 

Sorry to burst the bubble. 

This is pretty much the "which player is Philly gonna get" thread.  

Be better to wish that their pick is around 15th instead of 4th. 

Did you watch the game today? Did you see the rotations and lineups Byron had out there?

#13 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted October 28, 2015 - 11:20 PM

Did you watch the game today? Did you see the rotations and lineups Byron had out there?

Yeah, I watched the first game of the NBA season.  This team relatively healthy isn't as bad as last years team. 

Sorry to squash your dreams of constant bottom 3 years.     But the 76ers are that way.  

This team is gonna be giving up the pick to Philly this year unless a slevvy of injuries happen again and I DOUBT you want that just so you can gamble on unproven talent that's gonna take another 3-4 years to develop.  

You can keep playing this game every year hopin got a savior through the draft and it's gonna give you the same result and disappointment till 3-4 years go by and you actually know what you have.   So if you wanna try to first contend by 2023 then you can keep playing this game. 

We're giving up this pick to Philly if we have a relatively healthy and progressive year with our young core learning the speed of the game.

Ben Simmons and Skal?  Yeah we're not getting them
So Jaylen Brown or Brandan Ingram? yeah they'll belong to Philly. 

The sooner you realize that the better  :)

Edited by Majesty, October 28, 2015 - 11:23 PM.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#14 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,373 posts

Posted October 28, 2015 - 11:25 PM

Yeah, I watched the first game of the NBA season.  This team relatively healthy isn't as bad as last years team. 

Sorry to squash your dreams of constant bottom 3 years.     But the 76ers are that way.  

This team is gonna be giving up the pick to Philly this year unless a slevvy of injuries happen again and I DOUBT you want that just so you can gamble on unproven talent that's gonna take another 3-4 years to develop.  

You can keep playing this game every year hopin got a savior through the draft and it's gonna give you the same result and disappointment till 3-4 years go by and you actually know what you have.   So if you wanna try to contend by 2023 then you can keep playing this game. 

We're giving up this pick to Philly if we have a relatively healthy and progressive year with our young core learning the speed of the game.

Ben Simmons and Skal?  Yeah we're not getting them
So Jaylen Brown or Brandan Ingram? yeah they'll belong to Philly. 

The sooner you realize that the better  :)

Lol FOH if you think I want us to keep tanking and losing. Sick and tired of being [expletive] for 3 consecutive years. I hope the Lakers win every single game they can this season but this thread is more of a place holder for the tank that will be obvious sooner than later. If I didn't create this thread, someone else was.

#15 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted October 28, 2015 - 11:36 PM

Lol FOH if you think I want us to keep tanking and losing. Sick and tired of being [expletive] for 3 consecutive years. I hope the Lakers win every single game they can this season but this thread is more of a place holder for the tank that will be obvious sooner than later. If I didn't create this thread, someone else was.

Except you made the thread after losing the first game of the season. 

Not a good look from someon that constantly wants us to win every game.

We lose one game and it's "So which top 3 prospect are we gonna get!!!"  and not even as a joke apparently. 

Nah man. All you'll be doing now is watching highlights of who the Sixers are gonna draft. 

The only way we're getting a top 3 pick is if we finish really high like 12th or 14th worst team and get extremely lucky and somehow land the 1st pick.   That's the only chance you'd have, and I doubt you want to make a thread harkening on a % of a chance. 

All you'll be doing all season in here is watching highlights of guys we won't have.  It's not a good mentality to get into at the first sign of trouble. 

Literally ONE game in and you're thinking about a top 3 pick.

magic_sterling.jpg?w=640

kobe.gif?w=1000

2puyj95.gif

200_s.gif

nick-young-confused-face.jpg

Bp3P_vCIAAAt8p7.jpg

d--850x560.jpg

Kelly-Ryan.jpg

ron_artest_laker-copy-1.jpg

• Game, M.X.M. and Jackson like this

#16 Jackson

Jackson

Legend

• 10,373 posts

Posted October 28, 2015 - 11:47 PM

What if I told you... I've been thinking of the top 3 pick before the season started?

We lost to the Timberwolves on purpose. It's clear as day. We lost to Ricky [expletive]ing Rubio.

Hopefully the Lakers do bounce back and this thread gets locked forever. I'll give them 10 games.

• Majesty and MagicToKareem like this

#17 Ring Chaser

Ring Chaser

The Innovators

• 1,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Kyle Kuzma

Posted October 28, 2015 - 11:53 PM

#Tank4Simmons

627bf0b807d17b879bb83752ffaa2505_crop_no

"If you're going to lose, you have to lose because you can't be in the middle of the pack. You either have to be great or you have to be bad to get a good pick" - Earvin Magic Johnson

#18 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,597 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted October 29, 2015 - 12:05 AM

I hate when people say we lost to __________

Rubio was playing at an elite level tonight.
This was his equivalent to what Steph Curry did the night before. He did what he normally does AND was shooting the ball at a high level. We played him the way we should have.

I don't know if this thread is serious, but I know that this team is gelling and I saw a lot of good things until the FT contest of the 3rd stagnated the Offense.
  • DeeZee likes this

#19 Bishop*

Bishop*

Rookie

• 323 posts
  • Name:Kofi Oppong
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted October 29, 2015 - 05:19 AM

As long as Byron Scott is our coach this is very possible. Bad offense bad defense. This  coach is the worse.

#20 UKUGA

UKUGA

Superstar

• 7,554 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted October 29, 2015 - 05:42 AM

We were given a pretty soft schedule to start the season.

If we blow it, and start 1-9/2-8, then we may finish bottom 3-5. Anywhere in that range and we're watching that lotto with baited breath.

The schedule is nasty starting end of November.

Don't feed the trolls. 

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (4)