• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Off The Bench

• 1,769 posts

Posted September 23, 2015 - 07:27 AM

Life-Is-Strange-Episode-1-2.jpg

Life Is Strange is a five part episodic game that sets out to revolutionise story based choice and consequence games by allowing the player to rewind time and affect the past, present and future.

You are Max, a photography senior who saves her old friend Chloe by discovering she can rewind time. The pair soon find themselves exposed to the darker side of Arcadia Bay as they uncover the disturbing truth behind the sudden disappearance of a fellow student.

Meanwhile, Max begins to have premonitions as she struggles to understand the implications of her power. She must quickly learn that changing the past can sometimes lead to a devastating future.

Key Features:
  • A beautifully written modern adventure game.
  • Rewind time to change the course of events.
  • Multiple endings depending on the choices you make.
  • Striking, hand-painted visuals.
  • Distinct, licensed indie soundtrack.

Playing through Episode 3 today. Absolutely outstanding game, one of the best adventures in recent years. I haven't felt so swept away by a game since Alan Wake and The Wolf Among Us.

If you like story-based games and/or that weird, attractive "Twin Peaks-like" vibe, picking this up is a no-brainer.

e8Lj6rL.png

#2 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 6,177 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 23, 2015 - 07:40 AM

I've watched the playthroughs. Episode 4 has the biggest twist look forward to it :)

Edited by ツ  , September 23, 2015 - 07:41 AM.

• Kobe-Wan Kenobi likes this

9QBrl.gif

#3 DTIII™

DTIII™

"I am one with the force, the force is with me."

• 5,609 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Julius, D'Angelo & Jordan

Posted September 23, 2015 - 11:34 AM

I've also seen a playthrough, episode 5 should be interesting.

EyMlHkX.jpg

#4 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,465 posts
  • Name:Wade
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted September 25, 2015 - 12:37 PM

Just finished Episode 1. My choices:

Spoiler

Edited by -Wade-, September 26, 2015 - 08:01 AM.
Spoiler tag

LeGj1r3.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

Q: When you take off your jersey for the final time, what will you leave behind on the court?
A: "My heart and soul." --Kobe Bryant

#5 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Off The Bench

• 1,769 posts

Posted September 25, 2015 - 01:44 PM

I think you should put a spoiler tag, Wade, just to be sure. As a matter of fact, there's no big spoiler in Episode 1, but still... :thumbup:

These are my choices in the first one:

Spoiler

Episode 2:

Spoiler

Episode 3:

Spoiler

I haven't finished the fourth yet, because I'm afraid of having to wait until October 22 for the last Episode after that "huge plot twist" everybody warned and is warning me about.

That being said, I truly believe this is the greatest videogame I have ever played and I have played tons of them, belonging to any genre, from classic point-and-click adventures, such as Monkey Island and Broken Sword, to modern games like Mass Effect and GTA. Life Is Strange has no free roaming, no open world, no zombies, and a really "simple" gameplay, but it is the only game whose characters I really cared about. The ending of Episode 3 left me speechless and the beginning of Episode 4 is so full of powerful emotions that it made me actually cry. I believe even a block of concrete would crumble while watching what happens in those first few minutes. But I've already said too much and I don't want to spoil anything for anybody.

Now I'm really terrified thinking about how Episode 4 could end...

And this game has got one a hella wonderful and accurately chosen soundtrack. If anyone is interested, here's a fabulous playlist on YouTube:

https://www.youtube....odoAB9a7aUBMBZi

• -Wade- likes this

e8Lj6rL.png

#6 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,465 posts

Posted September 26, 2015 - 11:00 AM

The end of Episode 3 is twisted! I'm really enjoying this game, it's gotten me to think a lot. I know that it is just a video game, but I find myself taking a step back from the game and thinking about things for a little bit before making a decision. I like the theme of free will versus determinism, but it also begs a lot of moral questions that I've been thinking about. For instance...

Spoiler

I'm pretty stoked that I found out about this game from this thread, thanks for sharing.

Episode 2:

Spoiler

Episode 3:

Spoiler

• Kobe-Wan Kenobi and Majesty like this

LeGj1r3.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

Q: When you take off your jersey for the final time, what will you leave behind on the court?

#7 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Off The Bench

• 1,769 posts

Posted September 26, 2015 - 11:40 AM

I totally agree with you, Wade. At first sight, this game looks like a "teen drama with a twist" but it's actually much, much more.

Spoiler

• -Wade- likes this

e8Lj6rL.png

#8 MrRJ

MrRJ

Rookie

• 1,093 posts
  • Name:Raymond Perez
  • Fan Since:I was born

Posted September 26, 2015 - 08:27 PM

Spoiler

#9 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,465 posts

Posted September 27, 2015 - 08:49 AM

Finished Episode 4 last night. There are really no words to say...I was literally left speechless and with my jaw hanging open for about 20 minutes. I'm still kind of shocked this morning!

Hella Episode 4 spoilers and predictions:

Spoiler

Episode 4 choices:

Spoiler

I don't think any other video game has made me think this much in a very long time. I am highly impressed, especially since it seemed like each succeeding episode topped the preceding one. I will be eagerly awaiting for Episode 5. I also think that the voice actor of Chloe deserves Performance of the Year, and wouldn't be surprised if this game won Best Storytelling and Best Gaming Moment (which could be from many episodes). Do I dare say GoTY? Easily one of my top 3 favorite games of all time.

Also: http://lifeisstrange.com/talk

Edited by -Wade-, October 21, 2015 - 04:26 PM.
Epic facepalm, I was calling Max "Kate"

LeGj1r3.png

#10 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Off The Bench

• 1,769 posts

Posted October 01, 2015 - 01:49 PM

So, Episode 4.

Are you cereal? I finished it a few days ago but I haven't recovered yet. What a rollercoaster!

My choices:

Spoiler

Comment:

Spoiler

I've already started a second playthrough and I want to check every detail to see if I missed something.

October 20th feels so damn far away. :nervous:

P.S.: Sorry for the long post, but there's so much to talk about with this game!

• -Wade- likes this

e8Lj6rL.png

#11 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,465 posts

Posted October 07, 2015 - 06:53 PM

Confirmed release of October 20th:

Spoiler

LeGj1r3.png

#12 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Off The Bench

• 1,769 posts

Posted October 14, 2015 - 09:00 AM

-6 to the End!

I've been reading way too many theories these last few days and I wanted to share some kind of analysis.

Spoiler

This is my personal theory for Episode 5:

Spoiler

e8Lj6rL.png

#13 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 6,177 posts

Posted October 14, 2015 - 12:30 PM

I can't wait for Episode 5.

For those who have played other decision-based games(Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls, Until Dawn, Telltale Games, etc), where would you rank this?

9QBrl.gif

#14 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Off The Bench

• 1,769 posts

Posted October 14, 2015 - 01:19 PM

I can't wait for Episode 5.

For those who have played other decision-based games(Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls, Until Dawn, Telltale Games, etc), where would you rank this?

I've played several Telltale Games, such as TWD S1-S2 and The Wolf Among Us. I haven't played Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls yet, just watched a few playthroughs.

In my opinion, this is the absolute best so far. Choices actually matter, the characters are very well written, it makes you think about the themes and topics it features and the amount of details is so impressive. The writing is top-notch quality, much better than most TV shows or movies.

• ツ   likes this

e8Lj6rL.png

#15 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Off The Bench

• 1,769 posts

Posted October 19, 2015 - 07:19 PM

Perfect

Just [expletive]ing perfect

Thank you DONTNOD
  • -Wade- likes this

e8Lj6rL.png

#16 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,465 posts

Posted October 20, 2015 - 08:10 PM

Perfect

Just [expletive]ing perfect

Thank you DONTNOD

I want to start Episode 5, but I have too much work to do. And once you start an Episode, at least for me, you don't stop until it is over. xD

I really hope I can get to it this weekend. Been hella looking forward to this.

LeGj1r3.png

#17 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 6,177 posts

Posted October 20, 2015 - 08:42 PM

Well well...

Spoiler

9QBrl.gif

#18 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,465 posts

Posted October 21, 2015 - 08:44 PM

I want to start Episode 5, but I have too much work to do. And once you start an Episode, at least for me, you don't stop until it is over. xD

Lol, I should have taken my own advice. Told myself I was only going to play the introduction, now I'm lacking Z's.

Choices:

Spoiler

Choices I would have made given more time:

Spoiler

Thoughts:
Spoiler

I do apologize for the extremely long spoiler analysis, but I found typing it out to be extremely useful for me. It is only a video game, but I would be lying if I said I didn't feel anything over it and it did not make me think or question some things.

• Majesty likes this

LeGj1r3.png

#19 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 53,111 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted November 13, 2015 - 10:53 PM

It really sorta pissed me off that hey hype this game up as having so many different endings 

Spoiler

I HATE stuff like that.  Makes it feel like none of the decisions I actually made meant much of anything. 

Also for Wade 

Spoiler

• -Wade- likes this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#20 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,465 posts

Posted November 20, 2015 - 10:40 AM

Majesty:

Spoiler

• Majesty likes this

LeGj1r3.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Time Travel, Choices, Adventure, Episodic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users