• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 26,278 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted August 08, 2015 - 10:05 AM

I have kodi formerly known as xbmc.  I only use it to watch movies especially on genesis.  I can even watch movies that are still in theatres HD too.  Obviously since its free some links doesnt work but most of the time it works. Its easy to setup and there are plenty of youtube people that walk you step by step putting in links and such. The suck part about Kodi is for some reason it doesn't have time warner sports net so I can watch the lakers

Tell me how please

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#22 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,423 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted August 08, 2015 - 03:45 PM

I have kodi formerly known as xbmc.  I only use it to watch movies especially on genesis.  I can even watch movies that are still in theatres HD too.  Obviously since its free some links doesnt work but most of the time it works. Its easy to setup and there are plenty of youtube people that walk you step by step putting in links and such. The suck part about Kodi is for some reason it doesn't have time warner sports net so I can watch the lakers

Tell me how please

Its way easy, you can even add fusion and install a wizard that'll put add ons for you

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#23 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,576 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 08, 2015 - 04:55 PM

if you wanna install it, just go on youtube and search install kodi on whatever hardware you're using...(Windows, android, firetv) no one is going to walk u through it in here most likely...maybe put with genesis in the search too...really the only add-on you need for movies and tv to get started

you're not going to get every movie that's in theatres in hd...only ones that the have existing scene rips that u could otherwise download, that's all kodi is streaming is rips that people are hosting so for most movies you'll only get cams for the first weeks...unless it's oscar season, then you'll get early screeners. lately there a lot if quality rips with Asian subtitles, but it's hit or miss for the most part on new stuff...

once you get it going, search google/youtube for best kodi add-ons to see what else it can do
  • HQLLYWQQD likes this

Posted Image

#24 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

But I can’t love you obsessively for much longer.

• 10,257 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted August 10, 2015 - 11:29 AM

I hear you. Usually I have to go to the SportsDevil plug-in & catch the game. But most of those streams are worse that SD. 

gifninja-1.gif

#25 LakersFanatic

LakersFanatic

Rookie

• 926 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 22, 2015 - 11:55 PM

Ive been using XBMC/Kodi for about 5 years now. I started off on the PC, then Apple TV2, then a generic Android box. And now, the best of all, nexus player. It's just amazing

• 43,091 posts

Posted February 29, 2016 - 11:21 PM

Are they ever gonna' make a second Nvidia Shield Tv? If they do, man they better have web browsing finally this time around. They really dropped the ball on that one.

yo.

#27 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,142 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 22, 2016 - 11:12 AM

sorry to bump this guys, but i am thinking about lodi. i spent like 30 minutes researching and reading. 

so, i can run it on my pc and or my iMac? no issues? hitches? or jailbreaking right?

#28 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,576 posts

Posted May 22, 2016 - 11:26 AM

pc yes...don't use macs so don't know

Posted Image

#29 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,142 posts

Posted May 22, 2016 - 12:14 PM

pc yes...don't use macs so don't know

thank you sir.

is the quality the same as those streaming websites? 

#30 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,142 posts

Posted May 22, 2016 - 12:16 PM

and is it better than plex? or the same?

#31 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 5,765 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted May 22, 2016 - 02:21 PM

depends

for TV shows and movies, stream quality can be anywhere from HD/DVD quality to Blu-ray

sports feeds are almost always terrible, unless you subscribe to a paid stream like BALLSTREAMS or something

2div

#32 soldier4death

soldier4death

Makaveli Trained GS

• 925 posts
  • Name:Ruben
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Me

Posted May 22, 2016 - 04:54 PM

I recently got into this, about a month. I'm pretty pleased with it. I've know about it for a while but never took the time to actually install it correctly. However, having cut the satellite cord in February, I have been using this on my phone, lots of lag on my Samsung Galaxy s6 edge plus. Also, have been using it on my tablet and laptop aswell.

Cutting my satellite bill from a one time high of $170 to $0 is wonderful.

I use slingtv, for $19.99 a month, I have netflix $9.99, hulu $11.99, and also amazon prime, which is $99.99 a year but is used mostly for shipping costs, but still counts as a bonus. I also have an antenna that gets about 70 local channels split 5 ways throughout my home.

Kodi, is a nice addition to round out my viewing experience. I usually use the Exodus addon.

Edited by soldier4death, May 22, 2016 - 04:56 PM.

#33 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,142 posts

Posted May 22, 2016 - 07:06 PM

I installed it on my pc but every time I try to view a movie or tv show it tells me no streams are available.

Any tips you chaps can give me. I went on youtube and followed the steps to install it on my pc... I can't view anything

#34 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 12,576 posts

Posted May 22, 2016 - 07:18 PM

are u using genesis? it's more or less been replaced by exodus...try that or 1channel/primewire...should be able to find most anything not very obscure between those

castaway for sports streaming

Posted Image

#35 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,142 posts

Posted May 23, 2016 - 05:03 PM

okay le

are u using genesis? it's more or less been replaced by exodus...try that or 1channel/primewire...should be able to find most anything not very obscure between those

castaway for sports streaming

i checked and i am using exodus... still get that no stream available. dang... http://1channel/primewire?

#36 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,142 posts

Posted July 17, 2016 - 01:34 PM

I decided to buy an amazon fire stick and put kodi on it. Took a second but I got it working. What's the best anime add on?

#37 soldier4death

soldier4death

Makaveli Trained GS

• 925 posts

Posted July 17, 2016 - 05:00 PM

I don't know about anime.

Anybody have a live streaming sports app? I've tried sports devil, amongst others, and have not had any success.

Edited by soldier4death, July 17, 2016 - 05:01 PM.

#38 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 26,278 posts

Posted July 17, 2016 - 08:18 PM

I use sports devil on my fire tv it works ok by quality isn't great. So much content available with kodi video addons. To me Phoenix has nice variety but less reliable than exodus in my experience. I'd still recommend both. Are there any HD only addons?

Edited by Busty Bluth, July 17, 2016 - 08:19 PM.

#39 soldier4death

soldier4death

Makaveli Trained GS

• 925 posts

Posted July 17, 2016 - 08:25 PM

Interesting. I think something is wrong with my set up, because I cannot get anything to stream with sports devil.

I did try Game's Castaway. And so far I am having a better experience there.

#40 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 26,278 posts

Posted July 17, 2016 - 10:10 PM

Interesting. I think something is wrong with my set up, because I cannot get anything to stream with sports devil.

I did try Game's Castaway. And so far I am having a better experience there.

I'll have to check that out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users