617 replies to this topic

#61 Batz

Batz

God dammit...

• 7,834 posts
  • Name:Ahmed
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 04, 2015 - 03:34 PM

I'd say he's elite at rim protection. He's so tall, one of the best at just putting his hands up, and he's a very smart shot blocker to

Lacks mobility.

#62 dazz

dazz

• 1,211 posts

Posted July 04, 2015 - 03:35 PM

You can always buy second rounders for 2mill so what is the big deal if we give them away? Money is not the issue for this franchise.

Oh you mean one Marc Gasol for every 100 international scrubs? Stop being so dense, what a weak argument.

I repeat, We should be getting a 1st rounder in this trade, not giving up assets

hsl17b.jpg

#63 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,788 posts

Posted July 04, 2015 - 03:35 PM

Lacks mobility.

Well ya, that's why he's such a mediocre pick and roll defender but he does very well in the paint. Not a ton of space to cover
Posted Image

#64 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,335 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 04, 2015 - 03:36 PM

Kareem promises to get Hibbert ready for season

This was in April

BtRD5RlCMAIG3Xy.png

This was taken a week ago

CIVxLAfWIAALlaZ.jpg

looks like we'll get the benefit of that work.  Could be potentially good timing. 

Edited by Majesty, July 04, 2015 - 03:36 PM.

• Michaelyumm, DTIII™, MaceWindu and 2 others like this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#65 DTIII™

DTIII™

"I am one with the force, the force is with me."

• 5,764 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Julius, D'Angelo & Jordan

Posted July 04, 2015 - 03:37 PM

Yahoo Sources: Indiana finalizing terms on deal to send center Roy Hibbert to the Los Angeles Lakers. http://yhoo.it/1ChZMLe 

EyMlHkX.jpg

#66 Batz

Batz

God dammit...

• 7,834 posts
  • Name:Ahmed
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 04, 2015 - 03:38 PM

Well ya, that's why he's such a mediocre pick and roll defender but he does very well in the paint. Not a ton of space to cover

Uhm, you do realize that every team in the league runs some form of PNR as a primary means on offense... right?

He will hurt the team more than he'll help.

#67 Rad

Rad

• 1,802 posts

Posted July 04, 2015 - 03:39 PM

Not a bad pickup. Hibbert or Sacre, I wonder who i'd want on the floor..

Edited by Rad, July 04, 2015 - 03:39 PM.

#68 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 11,417 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Nick Van Exel

Posted July 04, 2015 - 03:40 PM

The Pacers will receive a future second-round pick as part of the proposed deal, sources said.

from WOJ

if someone is complaining go for a swim

• MaceWindu likes this

#69 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Starter

• 5,140 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 04, 2015 - 03:44 PM

Why would Indy have to package a pick for an expiring deal? This isn't some Andris Biedrinis contract here. It's an expiring for an above average anchor ffs.

#70 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 11,417 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Nick Van Exel

Posted July 04, 2015 - 03:44 PM

#71 Bishop*

Bishop*

Rookie

• 323 posts
  • Name:Kofi Oppong
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 04, 2015 - 03:46 PM

I repeat, We should be getting a 1st rounder in this trade, not giving up assets

Do the pacers really need to create cap space?? for what?? most of the big free agents are already off the board who why will the pacers need to create cap room so badly that they will give us a first rounder for us to take Hibbert. They do not loose anything if we don't make this deal but we loose something that we need and that is some defensive presence.

The pacers need to get rid of Hibbert but it is not like in the case of Lin where the Rockets where trying to get Bosh.  This is a good deal for us.

#72 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,855 posts

Posted July 04, 2015 - 03:47 PM

So we are GIVING assets to rent someone for one year in a meaningless season? Am I missing something here? Wtf
  • dazz likes this

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#73 RickyStarFox

RickyStarFox

Off The Bench

• 1,502 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted July 04, 2015 - 03:48 PM

So we are GIVING assets to rent someone for one year in a meaningless season? Am I missing something here? Wtf

Considering Kareem already has the inside track on Roy, this could potentially be a good move for all parties involved.

• MaceWindu likes this

#74 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 23,788 posts

Posted July 04, 2015 - 03:49 PM

In order to be an asset you have to have value. Ater majok and 2nd rounders don't hold value
Posted Image

#75 dazz

dazz

• 1,211 posts

Posted July 04, 2015 - 03:51 PM

Do the pacers really need to create cap space?? for what?? most of the big free agents are already off the board who why will the pacers need to create cap room so badly that they will give us a first rounder for us to take Hibbert. They do not loose anything if we don't make this deal but we loose something that we need and that is some defensive presence.

The pacers need to get rid of Hibbert but it is not like in the case of Lin where the Rockets where trying to get Bosh.  This is a good deal for us.

I see what you mean re: the Pacers not needing to do this, but this deal means that we're left with almost no cap space to absorb salary for a pick. Hibbert makes 15.5M but the cap impact is about 18M.

EDIT: Future 2nd rounders DO have value for us. 

Edited by dazz, July 04, 2015 - 03:53 PM.

hsl17b.jpg

#76 Bishop*

Bishop*

Rookie

• 323 posts

Posted July 04, 2015 - 03:52 PM

The only way we can get some free agents coming here is by winning some games. This season is not that meaningless. we have to try and get as close to the playoff as possible. We are not going to make the playoff with Hibbert and we were not going to make it with DJ as well but they will both get us closer.

Finishing 9th or 10th in the west is what I am praying for. Then we have something to build off come next season.

#77 Bishop*

Bishop*

Rookie

• 323 posts

Posted July 04, 2015 - 03:56 PM

I see what you mean re: the Pacers not needing to do this, but this deal means that we're left with almost no cap space to absorb salary for a pick. Hibbert makes 15.5M but the cap impact is about 18M.

EDIT: Future 2nd rounders DO have value for us. 

We will have to spend about 90% of the cap anyways. Do you want us to give Jordan Hill another $9mill this year. I prefer Hibbert at 15.5mill

• MaceWindu likes this

#78 RAFA

RAFA

Rookie

• 216 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:MAGIC JOHNSON

Posted July 04, 2015 - 04:01 PM

tarik black

#79 dazz

dazz

• 1,211 posts

Posted July 04, 2015 - 04:03 PM

We will have to spend about 90% of the cap anyways. Do you want us to give Jordan Hill another $9mill this year. I prefer Hibbert at 15.5mill

There's time until the last game of the regular season to reach the 90%. Worst case we have to pay a fine that goes to the players already in the roster.

Hill is an UFA, we don't need to pay 9M.

Once again, what I don't like about this trade is that it pretty much puts an end to our off season. We still have 5M to spend and the RMLE at 2.8M, but there's no way we're getting anything that might help in the rebuilding process now. No picks for sure, unless Mitch can pull a rabbit out of his hat somehow

• Batz likes this

hsl17b.jpg

#80 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• Contributor
  • 14,996 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted July 04, 2015 - 04:13 PM

It's a 2nd round pick for a guy who will actually play for us and plug in a roster hole (even if it's only temporary). What's not to like about this deal? It's just fine. 

• Michaelyumm, Brand New, Majesty and 6 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users