617 replies to this topic

#41 Artest37

Artest37

Rookie

• 424 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Ingram

Posted July 04, 2015 - 03:17 PM

Tell that to fido... That dude complains so darn much on every single thing..

True, but I guess most people will compare it to all the "what-if's" that were talked about this off season instead of looking deeper into it.

Twitter : @_PurpleReign_

Posted Image

#42 Batz

Batz

God dammit...

• 7,833 posts
  • Name:Ahmed
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 04, 2015 - 03:19 PM

Hibbert sucks.

#43 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 22,737 posts

Posted July 04, 2015 - 03:22 PM

Hibbert sucks.

No he doesn't. The dude was an all star literally 100% because of his defensive ability

He deserved it as well

Does he have big time deficiencies in other areas? Ya

But someone who's as good at one area of the game as he is doesn't suck. He's a very expensive role player.

The equivalent of a 3 and D guy but at center
Posted Image

#44 dazz

dazz

Rookie

• 971 posts
  • Fan Since:Mid 80's

Posted July 04, 2015 - 03:22 PM

If it's for 2nd rounders and international players, it's a good deal.

Hibbert is still great rim protector and a great fit next to randle.

Worthless international players like Marc Gasol, the late 2nd rounder? We should be getting a 1st rounder in this trade, not giving up assets

• lakerfan98 likes this

lakersbanner2.jpg

#45 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 22,737 posts

Posted July 04, 2015 - 03:27 PM

Worthless international players like Marc Gasol, the late 2nd rounder? We should be getting a 1st rounder in this trade, not giving up assets

Lol, ater majok is like 28 years old. I think we'll survive
Posted Image

#46 Batz

Batz

God dammit...

• 7,833 posts

Posted July 04, 2015 - 03:28 PM

No he doesn't. The dude was an all star literally 100% because of his defensive ability

He deserved it as well

Does he have big time deficiencies in other areas? Ya

But someone who's as good at one area of the game as he is doesn't suck. He's a very expensive role player.

The equivalent of a 3 and D guy but at center

At least you didn't under-sell his "big time deficiencies"!

He's really bad. Pretty useless on the offensive end, and defensively outside of his rim protection - he hurts more than he helps. He's incredibly slow. Useless on PNR defense, always late to rotate, sometimes doesn't rotate altogether, can't run the floor at all, and his rebounding is also a letdown.

He's just not a good player. For someone of his size, and his "all-star status" you expect more (which isn't an accolade, since it's really easy to get into an all-star game for centers since there is very little competition to begin with). He really falls short in almost every aspect of the game.

Not much here. He won't help this team. Taking on such a contract too, contract no one else wants. Bad move.

Edit: He's a UFA next season? Hallelujah.

Edited by Batz, July 04, 2015 - 03:31 PM.

#47 Bishop*

Bishop*

Rookie

• 294 posts
  • Name:Kofi Oppong
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 04, 2015 - 03:29 PM

I think the reason the Pacers are not high on Hibbert is because they are not getting the offensive production they are expecting from him. In this team we don't need that from him. He can be the DJ of this team and be our defensive anchor. 

We don't need too much rebounding from him because most of our guards on this team are big and can rebound.

HIbbert

Randell

Kobe

Clarkson

Russell

can work because of the defensive presence of Hibbert.

This is not a bad trade. He is better than Robin Lopez so if we were calling for Robin and we get Roy we should be happy.

• MaceWindu likes this

#48 8RingKobe

8RingKobe

Rookie

• 839 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 04, 2015 - 03:30 PM

Why are you complaining about his contract? Its over after this year.

#49 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 53,167 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 04, 2015 - 03:31 PM

We got our defensive rim protector. And you got the best one in the league behind Dwight and Deandre Jordan. 

Yet there is still complaints from the same crowd of people that were screaming at us to throw 14 million at Lopez for MULTIPLE years....

I don't get it. 

Edited by Majesty, July 04, 2015 - 03:31 PM.

• PuigNotLate, MaceWindu and bandiger like this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#50 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 6,176 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Nice!

Praying for  1. Youngsters Ballin (Didn't really happen on a consistent basis at all) 2. Miracle Trade (Also didn't happen. And we traded our best player for chump change) 3. Kick Ass Rooks (Zubac exceeded, Ingram tried but disappointed overall)

READY FOR SEASON TO BE OVER!!!

#51 MrRJ

MrRJ

Rookie

• 1,093 posts
  • Name:Raymond Perez
  • Fan Since:I was born

Lakers need interior defense. Hibbert helps with that. I'm ok with the trade.

• PuigNotLate, L4K, MaceWindu and 1 other like this

#52 dazz

dazz

Rookie

• 971 posts
  • Fan Since:Mid 80's

Posted July 04, 2015 - 03:32 PM

Lol, ater majok is like 28 years old. I think we'll survive

Well, Ater Majok is a non factor obviously :P, truth is I don't think we own the rights of any exciting prospects at all, but I was hoping we'd get a 1st rounder. We're talking 15.5M in cap space for the Pacers and they have no picks traded at all!

We got our defensive rim protector. And you got the best one in the league behind Dwight and Deandre Jordan. 

Yet there is still complaints from the same crowd of people that were screaming at us to throw 14 million at Lopez for MULTIPLE years....

I don't get it. 

Just for the record, i like Hibbert, it's the terms of the deal that I don't like if it's true that we're sending picks instead of receiving one

Edited by dazz, July 04, 2015 - 03:34 PM.

lakersbanner2.jpg

#53 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 22,737 posts

Posted July 04, 2015 - 03:33 PM

At least you didn't under-sell his "big time deficiencies"!

He's really bad. Pretty useless on the offensive end, and defensively outside of his rim protection - he hurts more than he helps. He's incredibly slow. Useless on PNR defense, always late to rotate, sometimes doesn't rotate altogether, can't run the floor at all, and his rebounding is also a letdown.

He's just not a good player. For someone of his size, and his "all-star status" you expect more (which isn't an accolade, since it's really easy to get into an all-star game for centers since there is very little competition to begin with). He really falls short in almost every aspect of the game.

Not much here. He won't help this team. Taking on such a contract too, contract no one else wants. Bad move.

Like an elite 3 and D player you don't expect him to create, initiate, shot block, rebound much

You expect him to hit 3s and play tough defense

Hibbert is the same thing. You expect him to protect the rim and do so at an elite level. And he's also a solid finisher off of a pass

Everything else is obviously not good but that's fine because he fits his role and does so very well if you understand that's what he is

The pacers unfortunately built their team around the George, west and hibbert trio offensively

He's not that guy and I don't think we'll expect him to he
  • Paris likes this
Posted Image

#54 Bishop*

Bishop*

Rookie

• 294 posts
  • Name:Kofi Oppong
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted July 04, 2015 - 03:33 PM

You can always buy second rounders for 2mill so what is the big deal if we give them away? Money is not the issue for this franchise.

#55 cowgomoo

cowgomoo

Rookie

• 58 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted July 04, 2015 - 03:35 PM

You can always buy second rounders for 2mill so what is the big deal if we give them away? Money is not the issue for this franchise.

This guy's right though. Didn't we just buy the Clarkson pick or something?

#56 Batz

Batz

God dammit...

• 7,833 posts

Posted July 04, 2015 - 03:36 PM

Like an elite 3 and D player you don't expect him to create, initiate, shot block, rebound much

You expect him to hit 3s and play tough defense

Hibbert is the same thing. You expect him to protect the rim and do so at an elite level. And he's also a solid finisher off of a pass

Everything else is obviously not good but that's fine because he fits his role and does so very well if you understand that's what he is

The pacers unfortunately built their team around the George, west and hibbert trio offensively

He's not that guy and I don't think we'll expect him to he

There's nothing 'elite' about Hibbert. His rim protection is magnified only because the league lacks good rim protectors altogether. His only good attribute is just that, but all his other faults put him in a negative in terms of contributing to the team.

I guess I may be overreacting. Was really hoping to land someone like Albridge, or maybe Cousins. Hibbert isn't anything special, especially for someone we'll dump 15million on.

Man, f*** the Spurs!

#57 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 53,167 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 04, 2015 - 03:37 PM

Hibbert's ranked 3rd and 1st in @SethPartnow's Points Saved Per 36 the last two years: http://nyloncalculus.com/stats/rim-protection/ 

Pacers lost PG and Lance, didn't have Hill for half the year and they still finished 8th in defensive efficiency. Roy Hibbert is good.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#58 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 22,737 posts

Posted July 04, 2015 - 03:38 PM

I'd say he's elite at rim protection. He's so tall, one of the best at just putting his hands up, and he's a very smart shot blocker to
Posted Image

#59 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Starter

• 5,137 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted July 04, 2015 - 03:38 PM

Oh you mean one Marc Gasol for every 100 international scrubs? Stop being so dense, what a weak argument.

#60 KSOR24

KSOR24

Off The Bench

• 1,905 posts

Posted July 04, 2015 - 03:40 PM

I forgot where I read this, but the Pacers had both higher offensive and defensive rating when Hibbert wasn't on the floor last season.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users