• Please log in to reply
617 replies to this topic

#561 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,724 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted July 24, 2015 - 06:55 AM

Gotta do something about this @twitter handle don't I?

haha

• DeeZee, JGuez, Majesty and 2 others like this

#562 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Legend

• 10,851 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted July 24, 2015 - 09:37 AM

Hibbert is well spoken.

I like the fact that he is all business. Yes talk is cheap, but at least he is talking the right way.. Dropping weight, cross training and focusing on only basketball.

• GCMD likes this

#563 LakeShow1o1

LakeShow1o1

Superstar

• 7,180 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 24, 2015 - 01:16 PM

We're gonna need to watch out for him once the new Call of Duty game is released... Won't be surprised if he gains back that 16 pounds over the weekend following the release haha.

#564 Magic Chiongson

Magic Chiongson

Rookie

• 192 posts
  • Fan Since:I was a Laker fan before a Kobe fan
  • Fav. Laker:Buck, Diesel,Big Game James

Posted July 24, 2015 - 01:30 PM

Sleepy eyed Roy Z is all about buinezz alright ...the dude never smiles in interviews...he mean..he big..he wide...and takes up space and protects the rim...that's all he needs to do!

• FranklinPeanuts likes this

#565 stillshining

stillshining

Off The Bench

• 2,015 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted July 24, 2015 - 03:14 PM

I swear I don't think Kobe and Roy are a good fit. Roy has proven he'sa very weak minded individual and he's known to have annual meltdowns. Kobe is the kind of guy who tries to make diamonds out of pressure. I can see him pushing Roy too hard

#566 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,540 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 24, 2015 - 03:42 PM

Roy sounds ready

#567 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 12,952 posts

Posted July 24, 2015 - 06:03 PM

Hibbert physically cannot do it. He has never averaged more then 30 minutes a game in any season, he can't stay on the court long enough to average those numbers.

His first year as an All-Star, and the closest he's gotten to averaging 30 minutes a game, he put up 13 & 9. While it's not farfetched, Byron has made it clear his role on this team is rebounding and defense. He won't see the ball enough to average 15 points.

Like I said in an earlier post, if he can turn our young team into a top 10-15 defense, I'd consider it a successful year from him.

You may be right...but if he doesn't do it for da money, he's never gonna do it and it will be that much easier to say good bye next year.

tenor.gif

#568 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,724 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted July 24, 2015 - 06:23 PM

I swear I don't think Kobe and Roy are a good fit. Roy has proven he'sa very weak minded individual and he's known to have annual meltdowns. Kobe is the kind of guy who tries to make diamonds out of pressure. I can see him pushing Roy too hard

This is probably kobes last year and we will see how much he will even play in this season. I really don't see kobe being a big factor on this team sadly. His body is pretty much at the end. 

#569 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,198 posts

Posted July 24, 2015 - 07:17 PM

Pau.

fXlFKv8.gif

#570 stillshining

stillshining

Off The Bench

• 2,015 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted July 24, 2015 - 07:24 PM

Pau is not as mentally weak as Roy, come on now. People around the Pacers actually expected a meltdown sometime during the season. Kobe is not going to be like Paul George and take him fishing when Hibbert can't grab a single rebound, you can believe that. I hope I'm wrong but it's u up to Hibbert to prove me otherwise

#571 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,198 posts

Posted July 24, 2015 - 08:29 PM

Lol. Did you forget what happened during 2011 playoffs? Dude had an argument with his girlfriend, and he played like [expletive]. Of course these players are human, but no matter where you go if you bring your life problems to your work it's a big red flag. If Kobe wasn't on Pau's ears all this time, I think Pau would have completely check out.

Pau and Roy are very similar, but Roy has a purpose now similar to Pau with Bulls this past season. They got out from a place that didn't want them, and embraced the change. I think he will prove many people wrong this season.

fXlFKv8.gif

#572 GCMD

GCMD

Legend

• 12,952 posts

Posted July 24, 2015 - 09:35 PM

Doesn't matter.  This is all on Roy.  If he doesn't play well, it's a contract year.  He'll suffer.  I wouldn't worry about Roy...

tenor.gif

#573 JGuez

JGuez

All-Star

• 6,007 posts

Posted October 06, 2015 - 11:45 PM

I was going to start a "I like Roy Hibbert" thread but figured this will do.

LOVED what I saw tonight. He was money from the free throw line.

Yeah his offensive game really lacks but you know he's going to try to block a shot no matter what. Whoever is going to play next to him though HAS to switch to his guy when Roy goes for the block. That'll get better over time.

As long as he doesn't take dumb shots, plays defense and has his teammates backs like tonight I'm stoked.

I loved how he stood up for Randle tonight:

https://mobile.twitt...2343424/video/1

We were missing this for a while.

Edited by JGuez, October 06, 2015 - 11:46 PM.

#574 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,559 posts

Posted October 06, 2015 - 11:51 PM

Consistency is key. I loved what i saw though

#575 reryo

reryo

Off The Bench

• 1,609 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted October 07, 2015 - 12:11 AM

Want to see this front court go up against the Clippers front court.

#576 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 24,241 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar

Posted October 07, 2015 - 05:05 AM

It just feel so good to have a defensive presence again. I love how he stepped up for Julius already in pre season

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#577 kray28

kray28

Off The Bench

• 2,559 posts
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 07, 2015 - 05:09 AM

I like that he plays mad and he plays hard. Maybe you can criticize some of the flaws in his game, but I won't fault effort or passion.

livin' in a river of darkness beneath the neon lights

pkray.png

#578 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Starter

• 4,616 posts
  • Name:Ben
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted October 07, 2015 - 05:54 AM

Roy played well last night. But what I saw last night was his leadership. He lead by example. I'm excited to see this transformation of his game that was lost in Indy.

#579 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Hall Of Fame

• 8,558 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 07, 2015 - 06:00 AM

I like that he plays mad and he plays hard. Maybe you can criticize some of the flaws in his game, but I won't fault effort or passion.

I agree. Effort and passion takes you a long way and if Hibbert could take a page out of Tyson Chandler's book and play within his limitations, i think he could be an all-star and a DPOY candidate.

He's always been a bad offensive player, but in a weird way. It's not like Biyombo or Asik who can't catch a ball and has to be hidden on offense and it's not like he doesn't have any postmoves either. He also hit his FTs. He's just not all that effective when he's depended on to produce on that end. Look at Deandre Jordan, who has one move (the dunk) and cant shoot FTs: he plays within a role, only does what he's good at and the clippers are much better offensively when he's on the floor.

• kray28 likes this

#580 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,540 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted October 07, 2015 - 06:26 AM

People who critique his flaws are couch potatoes anyway

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users