#42 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

dwight got traded for the ends of the white🍞& an 🍊

• 8,740 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Blimey!

Posted August 14, 2015 - 07:06 PM

WB wanted DiCaprio to be the Riddler in TDKR but Nolan said no. See Josh Stank. The Studio always wants to interfere, but you gotta have the guts not to be pushed around & end up making The Fantastic Fabrication

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#43 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted August 14, 2015 - 07:13 PM

Considering how great an actor Leo has proven himself to be over the years, particularly the last several.   I think he'd have been a fantastic and brilliant Riddler. 

And considering how weak of a villain Bane was, and how weak in general TDKR was as a 3rd film, I think Nolan made a mistake there of not going with Leo as the Riddler. 

I don't mind Bane as a 3rd movie villain... but the execution was....bleh..  particularly when the 3rd act got underway. 

Edited by Majesty, August 14, 2015 - 07:17 PM.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#44 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,697 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 14, 2015 - 09:07 PM

I enjoyed Bane as a villain.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#45 DTIII™

DTIII™

"I am one with the force, the force is with me."

• 5,759 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Julius, D'Angelo & Jordan

Posted August 14, 2015 - 10:34 PM

We need a solid Riddler

Yes, I reallyyyyyyyyyyy wanna see that.

• Majesty likes this

EyMlHkX.jpg

#46 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 8,740 posts

Posted August 14, 2015 - 10:39 PM

Nolan always wants his movies to feel like novels, so Bane let the character of Bruce Wayne come full circle. I always see TDK Trilogy as one movie not three.
  • DTIII™ likes this

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#47 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 3,302 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted August 15, 2015 - 09:19 AM

Mark Hamill as the riddler
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#48 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted August 15, 2015 - 05:04 PM

He's already playing the Joker in the Killing Joke. 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#49 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 3,302 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted August 20, 2015 - 08:22 PM

He's already playing the Joker in the Killing Joke. 

Is that animated?
I believe he can deliver a great "crazy" performance
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#50 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted August 22, 2015 - 02:20 PM

Is that animated?
I believe he can deliver a great "crazy" performance

Yes it is animated :D with Kevin Conroy also returning as Batman for it ;) It's gonna be GREAT!! I just want it to get made and finished with the two of them! :D 

#51 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted April 13, 2016 - 03:07 AM

1. BREAKING: Batman solo movie with Ben Affleck OFFICIALLY announced in development. RT http://bit.ly/1UZMzP3 

Cf4OrtpUkAA0_ra.jpg

1. Oscar winning writer, producer and director Ben Affleck directing his own BATMAN movie. http://bit.ly/1UZMzP3 

Cf4QvtOUYAAeMbI.jpg

It's OFFICIAL! :D 

• Mr Terrific likes this

#52 L4K

L4K

Off The Bench

• 1,576 posts
  • Name:Jason
  • Fan Since:2005
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 13, 2016 - 03:18 AM

I read somewhere not too long ago that the film could be an adaptation of the Red Hood story line, which would make sense since we saw the Robin costume in DOJ. I didn't dislike DOJ as much as others and I really like Ben in the role so I'm actually pretty confident in this one. A lack of Zack Snyder involvement probably isn't the worst thing either.
  • Majesty likes this

#53 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted April 13, 2016 - 03:32 AM

I read somewhere not too long ago that the film could be an adaptation of the Red Hood story line, which would make sense since we saw the Robin costume in DOJ. I didn't dislike DOJ as much as others and I really like Ben in the role so I'm actually pretty confident in this one. A lack of Zack Snyder involvement probably isn't the worst thing either.

I'd love if it was an Under The Red Hood storyline. 

Though a big part of me...would love to see...

The Hush storyline :o  Imagine...

GalleryTalent_1900x900_JimLee_HUSH_53348

Though if it went Under the Red Hood... though I'd likely cast Andrew Garfield as Jason Todd  :D

Edited by Majesty, April 13, 2016 - 03:35 AM.

#54 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted April 13, 2016 - 03:40 AM

If they were doing Damian and Talia in this movie-verse then I'd cast Arsalan Ghasemi  as Damian Wayne and Nazanin Boniadi as Talia

CejPZxdWIAAaUAc.jpgCejPZwQW8AEcdIk.jpg

CejPZ6tWIAA6eXS.jpgCejPZxjWAAErOpe.jpg

#55 L4K

L4K

Off The Bench

• 1,576 posts
  • Name:Jason
  • Fan Since:2005
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 13, 2016 - 03:45 AM

There's a few directions they can go with it and since they've established a darker tone to the universe the Hush or Red Hood story lines would be a great fit. If the Red Hood story line is the way they go and Leto kills it in Suicide Squad as the Joker then things could be shaping up for a damn solid Batman film.

Then again, because Red Hood is such a popular story-line people will know the big reveal before even seeing the movie, and if they change the story so people are surprised it will inevitably annoy some people. Still, done right it could be damn good. 

• Majesty likes this

#56 DTIII™

DTIII™

"I am one with the force, the force is with me."

• 5,759 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Julius, D'Angelo & Jordan

Posted April 13, 2016 - 10:19 AM

I wanna see the Red Hood, Clayface, the Riddler...man the possibilities are exicting.

• Majesty likes this

EyMlHkX.jpg

#57 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 8,740 posts

Posted April 14, 2016 - 12:41 PM

Zack Snyder dares to infuse the comic-book genre with moral and political substance. Fanboys do not own the franchises of Batman and Superman movies, so director Zack Snyder went against the mob and dared to raise the genre to a level of adult sophistication in 2013’s Man of Steel, the most emotionally powerful superhero movie ever made. (Fanboys hated it.) Snyder’s sequel, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice adds politics, bringing to the fantasy some contemporary, real-world concerns. This is not conventional comic-book allegory; rather, Snyder uses the figures of Batman (Ben Affleck) and Superman (Henry Cavill) walloping each other to give visible substance to social and moral issues, much as Greek tragedy does. He takes the wildest, Bizarro World fiction — of two superheroes turned super foes — and uses the premise to explicate our current dilemmas concerning power, principles, and divinity.

It helps that Snyder is also visionary, inclined to extravagant spectacle and gifted with a signature erotic touch. An early montage equates violence, wealth, loss, and grief through symbolic images of bullets, pearls, blood, and tears. It is witnessed by the young Bruce Wayne, a paranoid orphaned millionaire who misconstrues Superman’s involvement in the previous film’s battle that devastated Metropolis (and traumatized nearby Gotham City), and so he vows a vigilante’s revenge. With its legal-brief title, Batman v Superman reflects the confusion that pits secularists against believers, and the partisanship that inhibits national alliance. This tension is so visually amped up that the opposition of Batman to Superman feels revelatory: Man versus the god in Man.

Snyder’s opening sequences interweave the origin stories of these mythic heroes and their alter egos. What has become overly familiar through years of repetition acquires new dynamism — and new understanding — that particularizes and personalizes each wounded man’s suffering. Not only are these time-shifts audacious (movie marquees announce the 1940 The Mark of Zorro and the 1981 Excalibur — implying the evolution of history), but so is Snyder’s proposition about the nature of heroism and vengeance: Both stem from the way individuals react to and comprehend their experiences. Snyder’s thrillingly intelligent use of interior conflict and political antagonism vastly outclasses Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy: Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and The Dark Knight Rises — all noxious — which were bellwethers of our culture’s decline.

Fanboys prefer the Nolan films for their “darkness,” which emphasized the sophomoric, pseudo-tragic elements of the Batman graphic novels. But Snyder’s more adult treatment finds the material’s emotional core. This displeases the fanboy/hipster whose adolescent embarrassment about feelings was exploited through Nolan’s emotionless violence and post–9/11 nihilism. Snyder counters that cultural crisis and (through the script by Chris Terrio and David S. Goyer) visualizes the millennial moral struggle as pop myth. His essential subject is mankind’s struggle to discover compassion as well as common obligation — or dare I use the non-political term: brotherhood?

http://www.nationalr...war-gets-mythic

Edited by Mr Terrific, April 14, 2016 - 12:42 PM.

• Majesty and RobBlake like this

#58 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 8,740 posts

Posted February 23, 2017 - 10:06 PM

16864626_1363001270434514_28941427712466

• Majesty likes this

#59 Majesty

Majesty

• Gameday
  • 54,315 posts

Posted February 24, 2017 - 08:11 AM

16864626_1363001270434514_28941427712466

Them both working on this can only mean great things. Also happy Terrio is writing it. 

Hopefully no studio interference on this one.  I don't care if this movie is 3 hours, no Extended Cut, the movie should BE the Extended Cut :D 

#60 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 8,740 posts

Posted February 24, 2017 - 10:43 AM

All movies have studio interference. Rogue One has 5 versions

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users