46 replies to this topic

#41 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,192 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted June 23, 2015 - 05:30 AM

When Kareem played with the Showtime Lakers, Worthy posted up alot, Magic posted up alot and we all know what Kareem did. If you have the proper coach, he will know who to post and when to post them. I would love to have multiple post options. It's gives me a higher percentage at the rim and more than likely I will get the opponent into foul trouble. Inside out ALL NIGHT!! The only reason it isn't being done much is because it is not being taught in highschool and most True Bigs suck. A low post game had the NBA world stating Andrew Bynum was the 2nd or 3rd best center in the league at one point. Low post makes Marc Gasol a 20 million dollar player. There is a reason for that.

#42 Nak

Nak

Tank Commander

• 4,040 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 23, 2015 - 05:33 AM

We've been very successful when building around a great center. Why don't we continue our winning tradition? Don't mess it up and draft Okafor, Mitch. 

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#43 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,192 posts

Posted June 25, 2015 - 05:21 PM

Guess we wont find that ISH out!!

#44 Artest37

Artest37

Rookie

• 795 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:LeBron James :)

Posted June 25, 2015 - 05:29 PM

It can be argued that the last NBA team to win an NBA Championship with a "dominant" center was 8 years ago (2007 Spurs). Maybe it was time the Lakers evolved.

Twitter : @_PurpleReign_

Posted Image

#45 Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart

I do the walk of life.

• 2,266 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 25, 2015 - 05:31 PM

Someone should check on GCMD. I doubt he will connect to internet ever again.
  • MambaMentality likes this
Impossible is nothing.

#46 lakersince75

lakersince75

Sixth Man

• 3,192 posts

Posted June 25, 2015 - 06:10 PM

That's only because there are none. Gasol and Gasol and Gasol. Dwight kind of. And by the way Tim and the big white dude played extremely well when they won it last year. What elite low post TRUE center has there been since Shaq ??

It can be argued that the last NBA team to win an NBA Championship with a "dominant" center was 8 years ago (2007 Spurs). Maybe it was time the Lakers evolved.

#47 lonlyamongus

lonlyamongus

Off The Bench

• 2,234 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Eddie Jones, Kobe

Posted June 25, 2015 - 06:49 PM

TD can still play traditional C, just he is too old to play that physical blue collar role.  

I remember he used to force down post, turn around bank shot.  Very trademark, he was the last traditional C.  

D12 tried to be a traditional C and really suck at it.  Please don't mention him as a traditional C.

That's only because there are none. Gasol and Gasol and Gasol. Dwight kind of. And by the way Tim and the big white dude played extremely well when they won it last year. What elite low post TRUE center has there been since Shaq ??

-------------------------------------------------------------

There no pure haters or pure fans.  It's just the ignorant and the observant.  The pure haters and pure fans are the ignorant, while the rest are the less observant or the more observant. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Okafor, Towns, Free Agency, Jimmy Butler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users