67 replies to this topic

#21 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,683 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted June 03, 2015 - 11:38 AM

Of course it makes perfect sense - Shaq realizes who meant so much to his success like I tried to tell you in an earlier post.

Shaq is a media troll and he does stuff for attention.  Last year he said he wished he never left Orlando lol.  He just does things to troll the readers and listeners.  There is no telling how Shaq really feels about anything lol.  It wouldn't make sense to pick against Kobe considering they won 3 rings together. 

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#22 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,537 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted June 03, 2015 - 12:32 PM

Guess this means Shaq has forgiven Kobe for outing Shaq's road hoaring and paying for their silence behavior then?

Edited by kball, June 03, 2015 - 12:32 PM.

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#23 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,078 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted June 03, 2015 - 12:56 PM

erfolk, I watched Magic Johnson. I knew Magic Johnson. Magic Johnson was a hero of mine. LeBron is no Magic Johnson.

Magic was a killer competitor with a smile. LeBron is a hell of a player, but he was nowhere near Magic.

and for the record, LeBron really doesn't make his teammates better. Their stats repeatedly decline when he is a teammate.
In contrast, almost anyone who played at least two years with Kobe played their best while with him.

I also watched Magic and he in my opinion is the best Laker and player of all time but LeBron also has a killer instinct. The guy is a 4 time MVP and has led his team to 5 consecutive finals. I'm not saying he is better then Magic I'm saying he is more comparable to him then he is to Jordan.

#24 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,442 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 or 8

Posted June 03, 2015 - 01:16 PM

I also watched Magic and he in my opinion is the best Laker and player of all time but LeBron also has a killer instinct. The guy is a 4 time MVP and has led his team to 5 consecutive finals. I'm not saying he is better then Magic I'm saying he is more comparable to him then he is to Jordan.

why would you say Magic is better than Kobe?

#25 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,683 posts

Posted June 03, 2015 - 01:28 PM

well Jordan was better then Magic & Kobe is better than MAgic as a talent. LBJ is not comparable to MAgic other than height & being pure PG. The athleticism LBJ has is far superior to Magic.

#26 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,078 posts

Posted June 03, 2015 - 01:49 PM

well Jordan was better then Magic & Kobe is better than MAgic as a talent. LBJ is not comparable to MAgic other than height & being pure PG. The athleticism LBJ has is far superior to Magic.

Like I said he is more comparable to Magic then Jordan. I like Magic better then Kobe but I'm not going to say you are wrong for saying Kobe is better. You can't go wrong either way.

#27 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,078 posts

Posted June 03, 2015 - 01:51 PM

why would you say Magic is better than Kobe?

They way he played the game. When he needed to facilitate he did but when he needed to take over he did that also. But you are not wrong if yo say Kobe is better just in my opinion Magic is better.

Edited by erfolk, June 03, 2015 - 01:52 PM.

#28 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,442 posts

Posted June 03, 2015 - 02:08 PM

They way he played the game. When he needed to facilitate he did but when he needed to take over he did that also. But you are not wrong if yo say Kobe is better just in my opinion Magic is better.

I wouldn't say Kobe is better...I simply would prefer not to compare the two. There are far too many variables when you compare two players that play styles are opposites of each other. Magic I feel needs a special type of team to show off his abilities but Kobe doesn't. Kobe, imo, was the more skilled and probably better on both sides of the ball BUT I think that Magic gives your team a better chance to win and winning is what's most important. It's a toss up and not worth arguing really. Kobe is my favorite laker though. I don't see why LeBron is closer to Magic...I don't think he resembles Magic at all.

Edited by kidpolean, June 03, 2015 - 02:09 PM.

#29 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,683 posts

Posted June 03, 2015 - 02:17 PM

The athleticism is what seperates the better talent iMO.

Magic had far better talent then Kobe so saying MAgic gave team higher chance of winning = i disagree.  All Them talented role players made gm so easy for Magic. Kobe was called upon to do more far more on both sides of the ball. They both won 5 period.

I agree LBJ dont resemble MAgic. He is more of a combo Oscar/Penny/TMac

Edited by gque24, June 03, 2015 - 02:18 PM.

#30 erfolk

erfolk

Sixth Man

• 3,078 posts

Posted June 03, 2015 - 02:22 PM

I wouldn't say Kobe is better...I simply would prefer not to compare the two. There are far too many variables when you compare two players that play styles are opposites of each other. Magic I feel needs a special type of team to show off his abilities but Kobe doesn't. Kobe, imo, was the more skilled and probably better on both sides of the ball BUT I think that Magic gives your team a better chance to win and winning is what's most important. It's a toss up and not worth arguing really. Kobe is my favorite laker though. I don't see why LeBron is closer to Magic...I don't think he resembles Magic at all.

I wasn't comparing the two you were by asking why I tmlike him as the best player over Kobe. I just said Magic is better and the best Laker and player of all time. I agree it's hard to compare the two that's why I didnt. I was saying LeBron is more comparable to Magic then Jordan.

Edited by erfolk, June 03, 2015 - 02:24 PM.

#31 KidRN

KidRN

Hall Of Fame

• 8,442 posts

Posted June 03, 2015 - 02:27 PM

The athleticism is what seperates the better talent iMO.

Magic had far better talent then Kobe so saying MAgic gave team higher chance of winning = i disagree. All Them talented role players made gm so easy for Magic. Kobe was called upon to do more far more on both sides of the ball. They both won 5 period.

I agree LBJ dont resemble MAgic. He is more of a combo Oscar/Penny/TMac

LBJ to me is in the mold of MJ and Kobe just less aggressive and more passive. But he is good defensively, plays in the post, and can shoot from anywhere on the court probably slightly better than MJ could.

I think you may be underrating Magic a little though

Edited by kidpolean, June 03, 2015 - 02:28 PM.

#32 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,683 posts

Posted June 03, 2015 - 02:46 PM

Magic was a beast dont get me wrong but his athleticism for being 6'9 in speed, agility, & explosiveness

was not on level of todays hybrids. Lbj is a great help defender but he is still a poor on ball 1 on 1 defender. HE gets more credit for his defense then he really should. Pippen is closer to MJ & Kobe mold then Lbj.

If MJ or Kobe where LBJ size with his same athletiicism there would be no question who the gr8test really is. LBJ mental approach is kind of oxymoron when u look at how he lables himself King james/chosen 1 & wants to be richest athlete = he wants that greatness & doesnt care of being viewed as elitist or snob. BUt he dont want the pressure of closing routinely cuz he doesnt want the selfish label tag on him. Its the enigma of his gr8ness.

LBJ to me is in the mold of MJ and Kobe just less aggressive and more passive. But he is good defensively, plays in the post, and can shoot from anywhere on the court probably slightly better than MJ could.

I think you may be underrating Magic a little though

• UNLABORED FLAWLESS likes this

#33 UNLABORED FLAWLESS

UNLABORED FLAWLESS

Rookie

• 989 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 03, 2015 - 04:16 PM

Exactly, the talent as well they both played against is like night and day. Especially out East.

Jalen says it best in this video.

@ 11:25

Bron's biggest comp was Paul Pierce and DWade and one of those guys he Teammed up with to win championships.

There is no competition in the eastern conference because of two main reasons 

1 ) Lebron teams up with the competition

(wade was already a champion and all star, Bosh was already an all star franchise player)  

and now

(lebron teams up with irving and love) he's teaming up with all stars in a conference that is terrible to begin with

2 ) The second !!! the east got tougher lebron choose to team up with the competition

History lesson

2007- lebron gets to the finals (loses in the finals)

2008- the boston big 3 assembles (wins a ring) lebron loses to boston

2009- The rise of Orlando (dwight howard to the nba finals) beat lebron's cavs

2010- the new big three (lebron wade bosh) teams up goes to the finals for the next 4 years……. these are the FACTS

When things get tough lebron runs…...

Edited by UNLABORED FLAWLESS, June 03, 2015 - 04:17 PM.

#34 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Hall Of Fame

• 8,982 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted June 03, 2015 - 04:27 PM

Of course. I can only think of three guys that are better in their prime than Kobe (Jordan, Kareem, Wilt).

Kobe is the greatest Lakers and top 4 player of all time. Hard to pick someone over him.

Edited by LakeShow805, June 03, 2015 - 04:28 PM.

"Friends come and go but banners hang forever."  - Kobe Bryant

#35 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,537 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted June 03, 2015 - 06:28 PM

Of course. I can only think of three guys that are better in their prime than Kobe (Jordan, Kareem, Wilt).

Kobe is the greatest Lakers and top 4 player of all time. Hard to pick someone over him.

Maybe Oscar in this group. Maybe Bird.

And we will have to add in LeBron when we look back 10+ years from now.

Fans never really appreciate the here and now and tend to get nostalgic for yesteryear.

But legends are legends. Some folks just take time to appreciate

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#36 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Legend

• 12,286 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 03, 2015 - 06:37 PM

So explain his other statements that contradict them then? Trollmaster

Of course it makes perfect sense - Shaq realizes who meant so much to his success like I tried to tell you in an earlier post.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#37 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,940 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted June 03, 2015 - 06:56 PM

I've seen Lebron do some pretty incredible things.

But I've seen Kobe do things that I honestly didn't think could be done. It's been almost a decade since he accomplished some of those things so I don't blame the younger fans for not understanding how great Kobe was.

#38 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

All-Star

• 6,566 posts

Posted June 03, 2015 - 07:13 PM

11402757_10155737708020294_5075032227620

•    , Tensai, PuigNotLate and 2 others like this

#39 Tensai

Tensai

Superstar

• 8,283 posts

Posted June 03, 2015 - 07:49 PM

81 points

62 points and outscoring the other team through 3 quarters

11 x 40+ points in a row

4 x 50+ points in a row

10 x 50+ points in a season

12 x 3 pointers in a game

Just some of the numbers. Not counting the clutch shots, and quarter-long take overs in other games. This is Kobe's prime.

Edited by Tensai, June 03, 2015 - 07:50 PM.

fXlFKv8.gif

#40 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,550 posts

Posted June 03, 2015 - 08:01 PM

81 points
62 points and outscoring the other team through 3 quarters
11 x 40+ points in a row
4 x 50+ points in a row
10 x 50+ points in a season
12 x 3 pointers in a game

Just some of the numbers. Not counting the clutch shots, and quarter-long take overs in other games. This is Kobe's prime.

35 points per game in a single season, NOBODY in the Zone defense era has come close to this (Iverson at 33, McGrady at 32). Can't forget that, and how remarkable it is.

Nobody scored more points than Kobe in a single NBA season outside of Wilt and Jordan during his ridiculous mid-80's run.
  • Tensai and PuigNotLate like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Shaq, Kobe, Lebron

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users