80 replies to this topic

#21 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 3,302 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted June 04, 2015 - 11:37 AM

maybe the open world is very taxing to the engine, thats the stong point of the games.

in CoD the "world" are just corridors to go through

Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#22 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,183 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 04, 2015 - 02:31 PM

^^ Very true, but at the end of the day if a cod game looked better that is almost 2 years old, what does that really say about the graphics of your game?

Not up to par.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, June 04, 2015 - 02:31 PM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#23 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,354 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted June 10, 2015 - 07:04 PM

This is why I'm mad as [expletive] the PS4 isn't backwards compatible. I've never played the fallout series. So now I either have to watch a walk through to understand the story then get 4 or buy a PS3 which isn't happening.

#24 DTIII™

DTIII™

"I am one with the force, the force is with me."

• 5,762 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Julius, D'Angelo & Jordan

Posted June 10, 2015 - 09:32 PM

This is why I'm mad as [expletive] the PS4 isn't backwards compatible. I've never played the fallout series. So now I either have to watch a walk through to understand the story then get 4 or buy a PS3 which isn't happening.

Hopefully they'll release the trilogy on PS4.

EyMlHkX.jpg

#25 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,772 posts
  • Name:Jorge Negrete
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 10, 2015 - 09:53 PM

^ I'd be down to get the trilogy if it was remastered for PS4. Have never played the series but it does look intriguing.

(Would also like to throw this out there, I'm really hoping a complete BioShock remaster is released down the line, would absolutely love that).

#26 DTIII™

DTIII™

• 5,762 posts

Posted June 10, 2015 - 10:28 PM

Haven't played it either, so many trilogy's and series I haven't played lol

EyMlHkX.jpg

#27 Marc Maron

Marc Maron

either/or

• 3,415 posts
  • Name:Spooky

Posted June 11, 2015 - 06:53 AM

You don't need to play the first 2.

Just Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas. And both of them for the most part are stand alone stories. 

hR3rI.png

#28 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,183 posts

Posted June 11, 2015 - 07:03 AM

It really isn't a series that has a deep story that spans across the games. It's much like games in the elder scrolls series, the stories of them all stand alone. The gist of it is your a survivor who is exploring the world post nuclear war. 

The thing I am wondering about the story in this game is if they are going to give our character a voice. Normally in Bethesda games like this they let you pick your conversation answer, but your character has no voice or any emotion for that fact. However, at the end of the trailer you hear the character talk. I think this is placed there to hint at the fact your character will actually not be mute this  time. I wonder if that will just be a small change like you hear the character speak your response, or maybe there will be more cut scenes and your character will be more emotionally developed so the story is a little bit more felt by the player. 

#29 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted June 11, 2015 - 11:32 AM

I hope the protagonist isn't voiced. Any RPG game where you create a character and there is voice acting for the created character usually falls flat. Besides maybe Mass Effect.

Edited by Mychal, June 11, 2015 - 11:32 AM.

#30 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,183 posts

Posted June 11, 2015 - 12:17 PM

I hope the protagonist isn't voiced. Any RPG game where you create a character and there is voice acting for the created character usually falls flat. Besides maybe Mass Effect.

The witchers, any ff game, the dragon ages, or deus ex all come to mind as games that use voiced main characters well. It usually falls flat with voices because game writers are normally terrible when it comes to putting together a script, on top of that a lot of video games have pretty bad voice acting. Voice in a video game can be done well, just takes a good script/plot and voice actors to match the characters. 

Maybe I feel this way since I just prefer a voiced main character.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, June 11, 2015 - 12:18 PM.

#31 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,354 posts

Posted June 11, 2015 - 04:01 PM

Idk why but I'm thinking about selling my ps4 to get a Xbox one. I don't know why. I played the one at my friend from college house and it was pretty legit. I like the windows 8 layout. I may not do it though lol

#32 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts

Posted June 11, 2015 - 05:06 PM

Idk why but I'm thinking about selling my ps4 to get a Xbox one. I don't know why. I played the one at my friend from college house and it was pretty legit. I like the windows 8 layout. I may not do it though lol

They are both fun systems. I like PSN's free games and slightly cheaper price tag better, though.

I plan to get a One sometime this year, though.

#33 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts

Posted June 11, 2015 - 05:07 PM

The witchers, any ff game, the dragon ages, or deus ex all come to mind as games that use voiced main characters well. It usually falls flat with voices because game writers are normally terrible when it comes to putting together a script, on top of that a lot of video games have pretty bad voice acting. Voice in a video game can be done well, just takes a good script/plot and voice actors to match the characters. 

Maybe I feel this way since I just prefer a voiced main character.

I feel it wouldn't fit Fallout. You have tons of dialogue choices depending on what build your character is and his S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats. I feel like a voiced protagonist would just lead to less dialogue choices and less player choice.

• PhillyLaker24 likes this

#34 JayTheGreat

JayTheGreat

Sixth Man

• 3,354 posts

Posted June 11, 2015 - 05:38 PM

They are both fun systems. I like PSN's free games and slightly cheaper price tag better, though.

I plan to get a One sometime this year, though.

The only thing is I played baseball in college so I'm a baseball fanatic and I love MLB the Show. I get it every year. That with Uncharted 4 and God of War 3 being remastered I have to keep my PS4.

#35 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 3,302 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted June 12, 2015 - 06:50 AM

Read the wiki if you want to know about what happened in the fallout world, it's very detailed.

Geralt works because he doesn't like to chat with people, but even that I think it fell short. In the elder scrolls you have so many options when you speak with an npc, I missed that on the witcher
  • Kobe-Wan Kenobi and PhillyLaker24 like this
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#36 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,183 posts

Posted June 12, 2015 - 07:44 AM

I feel it wouldn't fit Fallout. You have tons of dialogue choices depending on what build your character is and his S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats. I feel like a voiced protagonist would just lead to less dialogue choices and less player choice.

Read the wiki if you want to know about what happened in the fallout world, it's very detailed.

Geralt works because he doesn't like to chat with people, but even that I think it fell short. In the elder scrolls you have so many options when you speak with an npc, I missed that on the witcher

Great point, totally overlooked that part. 

#37 DTIII™

DTIII™

• 5,762 posts

Posted June 14, 2015 - 07:08 PM

Edited by DTIII™, June 14, 2015 - 07:10 PM.

EyMlHkX.jpg

#38 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,590 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:bean

Posted June 14, 2015 - 07:23 PM

release date is november l0 :o

#39 DTIII™

DTIII™

• 5,762 posts

Posted June 14, 2015 - 07:26 PM

Edited by DTIII™, June 14, 2015 - 07:28 PM.

EyMlHkX.jpg

#40 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts

Posted June 14, 2015 - 07:35 PM

Looks absolutely gorgeous.

GOTY

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users