#2 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,155 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 02, 2015 - 11:51 AM

Can't wait for those 18 hours to be up on that countdown. Looking forward towards Fallout 4 very much, and my best guess is it drops sometime Q4 this year. Wonder how good it will look, and also what new things they will bring to the series. 

Edited by PhillyLaker24, June 02, 2015 - 11:51 AM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#3 DTIII™

DTIII™

"I am one with the force, the force is with me."

• 5,743 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Julius, D'Angelo & Jordan

Posted June 02, 2015 - 01:24 PM

I haven't played the first three, how is this series?

EyMlHkX.jpg

#4 Marc Maron

Marc Maron

either/or

• 3,414 posts
  • Name:Spooky

Posted June 02, 2015 - 01:40 PM

I haven't played the first three, how is this series?

Life changing. 

• flota likes this

hR3rI.png

#5 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted June 02, 2015 - 02:23 PM

My most anticipated game

Can't ****ing wait I'm so pumped

• 43,789 posts

Posted June 02, 2015 - 05:08 PM

Better not come out with a ton of bugs again like the last one from the start.

yo.

#7 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 3,302 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted June 02, 2015 - 06:26 PM

fallout 3 was awesome
bethesda knows how to make thier games

Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#8 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,155 posts

Posted June 03, 2015 - 06:22 AM

Here it is!

Read some reports that we will be seeing about 20-30 mins of game play at this year's E3. 

Edited by PhillyLaker24, June 03, 2015 - 06:26 AM.

• Marc Maron and flota like this

#9 flota

flota

• 3,302 posts

Posted June 03, 2015 - 08:53 AM

Rumours point out Massachusetts
Finally post apocalyptic MIT!!!
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

#10 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts

Posted June 03, 2015 - 08:55 AM

goodbye, life.

• flota likes this

#11 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 25,487 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted June 03, 2015 - 09:00 AM

Graphics don't look that great though. Hopefully the PC version will look better. 

#12 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,155 posts

Posted June 03, 2015 - 09:25 AM

Graphics don't look that great though. Hopefully the PC version will look better. 

The fallout games have never been the best looking. I agree though this does look underwhelming. Does anyone know if it is coming to old gen? Maybe that is why they don't look that sharp. I understand open world games can't have the highest graphical fidelity because a huge landscape must be rendered and other parts are loading as you roam the world. On the other hand the witcher 3 is huge and is a beautiful looking game. Hopefully we will see some gameplay and it will look better than the trailer. Visuals are still second to gameplay, but they should at least be up to the industry standard and the trailer looks like a 360 game not one made in 2015.

#13 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts

Posted June 03, 2015 - 11:07 AM

I'm sure the graphics will be fine.

We don't even know when this game is coming out yet. They have a lot of time to change a lot of things. Games rarely look the same in their first reveal then they do when they are released.

I hope they don't make it for last gen consoles. All that is going to do is hold the game back. Game should be on next gen and PC only, as I think it will be. There is probably going to be a new engine and everything.

Finally, I'm curious to see what direction they take it. I don't want Fallout to just be another run of the mill FPS. It certainly needs better gunplay than it has had in 3 and New Vegas, but at its core it is still a role playing game. Don't want them to pull a Resident Evil 4 and forget the roots of the series and what it is.

#14 PuigNotLate

PuigNotLate

GIRAFFES

• 3,581 posts

Posted June 03, 2015 - 11:16 AM

Let me just add that in the trailer the lighting effects look absolutely superb. Some of the best I've ever seen.

#15 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,155 posts

Posted June 03, 2015 - 02:19 PM

I'm sure the graphics will be fine.

We don't even know when this game is coming out yet. They have a lot of time to change a lot of things. Games rarely look the same in their first reveal then they do when they are released.

I hope they don't make it for last gen consoles. All that is going to do is hold the game back. Game should be on next gen and PC only, as I think it will be. There is probably going to be a new engine and everything.

Finally, I'm curious to see what direction they take it. I don't want Fallout to just be another run of the mill FPS. It certainly needs better gunplay than it has had in 3 and New Vegas, but at its core it is still a role playing game. Don't want them to pull a Resident Evil 4 and forget the roots of the series and what it is.

Yea they actually look better when they are first shown since it is a vertical slice with the graphical fidelity pumped up, something they can't do for the full game since the whole game engine is demanding the console. This is why games like the withcer or watch dogs looked better when they were first shown then how they look when you play them.

Luckily it seems that this game is for next gen only, on the website it says xbone, ps4, and pc pre order so it seems like old gen is left out which is good news.

Also this game is coming out this year. The last fallout came out over 7 years ago. You don't reveal a game 7 years since its prequel and then say it will be another two years before you see it. Not  a doubt in my mind there will be a big chunk of game play at e3 and this game will be released probably in November or anytime during Q4. Fallout has such a big name that it doesn't need to drum up interest or have a long drawn out advertisement campaign.  Fans have been waiting a while for this game and nothing will anger them more than showing the game and saying coming out fall of 2016. If they do this it is probably one of the worst moves they could make as a studio, better to have shown us nothing then show the game and it be a year away from release. I am expecting a huge open world with a lot of stuff to do, and it coming out later this year.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, June 03, 2015 - 02:20 PM.

#16 L4K

L4K

Off The Bench

• 1,576 posts
  • Name:Jason
  • Fan Since:2005
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 03, 2015 - 02:52 PM

They'll announce that it will be released around November this year and then, like almost every other game, it will be delayed 3-6 months.

Can't wait to play this though, I sunk an ungodly amount of time into Fallout 3. Never finished New Vegas though, just didn't have the same appeal as 3.

#17 flota

flota

• 3,302 posts

Posted June 03, 2015 - 03:45 PM

Gameplay > graphics at least to me.
Yeah game could look "prettier" but I care for the story and the Gameplay possibilities
  • Kobe-Wan Kenobi likes this
Imposible is nothing.

#18 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,155 posts

Posted June 04, 2015 - 06:51 AM

Gameplay > graphics at least to me.
Yeah game could look "prettier" but I care for the story and the Gameplay possibilities

I agree completely, game play trumps graphics every time. It is just discouraging though that there is a much more detailed and better looking dog in a call of duty game that came out over a year ago. 

• Kobe-Wan Kenobi and flota like this

#19 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Off The Bench

• 1,769 posts

Posted June 04, 2015 - 07:42 AM

Gameplay is always much more important than graphics, especially in RPG games. And Fallout is all about story and possibilities. (And mods, of course!)

That said, it does look "old". I mean, just look at GTA V and The Witcher III. I hope the guys and girls at Bethesda manage to polish it a bit because they showed so much in that trailer that I think it could even be released later this year (Christmas?).

#20 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,155 posts

Posted June 04, 2015 - 08:53 AM

Gameplay is always much more important than graphics, especially in RPG games. And Fallout is all about story and possibilities. (And mods, of course!)

That said, it does look "old". I mean, just look at GTA V and The Witcher III. I hope the guys and girls at Bethesda manage to polish it a bit because they showed so much in that trailer that I think it could even be released later this year (Christmas?).

I was wondering is maybe Bethesda is trolling us with the graphics, or maybe the better word is I am hoping they are. Meaning that games normally show pumped up visuals in trailers and when the game comes out it gets hit hard for not looking as good. Maybe they show us this trailer and when they reveal the gameplay we will be like, "oooh it is a pretty game." Just wishful thinking, still super stoked for the game. I wonder if they are gonna add in some new gameplay mechanic to switch it up and keep it fresh like they did with Vats in 3.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users