Photo

2014-2015 NBA Finals: Warriors (1) vs. Cavaliers (2)

• Please log in to reply
2197 replies to this topic

#21 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,680 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted June 01, 2015 - 03:40 PM

you're going to learn that talent trumps

Curry,Klay,Iggy,Barnes vs Kyrie and Bron

Green's the X factor

btw Lee can drop 20

#22 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,795 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 01, 2015 - 03:57 PM

Cavs in 6.

#23 bigvee

bigvee

Legend

• 12,592 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted June 01, 2015 - 03:59 PM

btw Lee can drop 20

He's scored 18 total points in 9 playoff games, 2 ppg in the playoffs

• lakerfan98 likes this

#24 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,537 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted June 01, 2015 - 05:30 PM

Hope it goes the full 7.

More Lebron and More Curry is fine by me.

I also have withdrawls once hoops is over for the year

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#25 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Starter

• 5,140 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 01, 2015 - 05:48 PM

I think there is a better chance of Delly, Smith, Schumpert, Moz, and Tristan having colder stretches than Iggy, Bogut, Draymond, Ezeli, and Barnes.

LeBron can have his, you can't let Smith look like he's a top 5 SG though. Or let Tristan grab boards like The Worm. If GS let's that happen, they deserve to lose.
  • Jody Smokes likes this

#26 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Hall Of Fame

• 9,795 posts

Posted June 01, 2015 - 06:22 PM

In a somewhat paradoxical statement, sometimes you have to lose before you can win.

Once the Warriors get over the hump of Finals inexperience, I think next year and the years beyond will be theirs to win.

#27 Wilfred

Wilfred

All-Star

• 6,947 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted June 01, 2015 - 09:51 PM

I am ok with either result.

GSW has more talent But Cavs have Lebron

It will depend on Kyrie's health also.

But it will be nice if it is close series like 2 years ago.  Want 7 games to stretch things out as much as possible

#28 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 7,537 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted June 02, 2015 - 04:24 AM

In a somewhat paradoxical statement, sometimes you have to lose before you can win.

Once the Warriors get over the hump of Finals inexperience, I think next year and the years beyond will be theirs to win.

I'm finding it pretty amazing that a player even as capable as David Lee can barely get any minutes on a team where Speights is out w injury, and Bogut is a liability at end of games due to free throw shooting.

Team is clearly on the rise.

And more fun to watch than those great phoenix running teams from 8-10 years back

Praying for  1. Some Cohesion (Ill fitting parts with young bucks, new guys, and those playing for next contracts may muck things up all season) 2. Better Coaching, No More Tanking (Last season was more of the latter but not sure how much of the former we can count on. Walton with something to prove this season as much as any Laker player) 3. Rookie Watch (Hoping Lonzo outshines his daddy (ROTY??), and Kuzma finds minutes and makes a push for all rook 2nd team)

READY FOR SEASON!!!

#29 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 3,302 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted June 02, 2015 - 08:31 AM

I like the warriors but I think the cavs will take this
  • LakeShow805 likes this
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#30 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 20,344 posts

Posted June 02, 2015 - 11:41 AM

Warriors coach Steve Kerr says forward Marreese Speights (calf) will be available for Game 1 and is expected to play

Edited by Lakersfan1211, June 02, 2015 - 11:41 AM.

#31 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,186 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 02, 2015 - 11:59 AM

Surprised to see a lot of people saying the Cavs will win this.

Vegas has GS as heavy favorites for the chip with odds of -230 for the series and think Cleveland at +195 for the chip. I know Vegas makes lines to move money to either side, but lets be honest not many are better than Vegas at calling series of sporting events. 

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#32 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 20,344 posts

Posted June 02, 2015 - 01:07 PM

Klay Thompson, I'm told, has just been cleared to play in Game 1 of the NBA Finals

Edited by Lakersfan1211, June 02, 2015 - 01:07 PM.

• Julien likes this

#33 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,855 posts

Posted June 03, 2015 - 11:32 AM

@ArashMarkazi: Steve Kerr had Luke Walton address the Warriors about his NBA Finals experiences with the Lakers. No Warriors player has been this far.

Hell yeah.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#34 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• Contributor
  • 8,550 posts

Posted June 03, 2015 - 11:42 AM

Luuuuuuuuuuuke

#35 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Starter

• 5,140 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 03, 2015 - 11:57 AM

These guys better not choke.

• DeeZee and artemis like this

#36 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• Gameday
  • 54,335 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 03, 2015 - 02:00 PM

These guys better not choke.

Their bone headed spurts worry me
  •     likes this

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#37 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 5,186 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 03, 2015 - 02:31 PM

Their bone headed spurts worry me

Those bone head spurts clearly don't last too long if they went 12-3 throughout the western playoffs and were the best defense and offense team during the regular season.

All this trepidation that the warriors aint ready and need more experience is just some ole' crock of bull. If the spurs looked as good as the warriors did all season and got to the finals everyone would say they would be a lock to win. If the cavs put up the stats all season long that the warriors did people would crown them champs easily. However, people don't give the warriors the same benefit of the doubt. I know experience is important but when a team is firing on all cylinders experience isn't the most important thing. Did the pistons that beat us in the early 2000's have finals experience? How about that Boston Team that won just a few years back, any of those players ever go to a finals before? When your good your good plain and simple. All experience is code for is those players know that every play in the series matters, it means they go 110% up and down the court all game. This is what experience gives you, it doesn't make you shoot better or make shots you would of missed if you never shot them in the finals before. Gotta worry about pressure for anyone, but the truth is GS really doesn't have much pressure on it. A lot of Americans, sport casters and writers still say CLE is gonna win, all the pressure is being pushed to Lebron. Everyone saying he carried this team to the finals even though they were in the positive against the Hawks with him on the bench, and the fact the supporting cast are draining threes from a 40% clip while Bron is way off from down town. 

People that I talk to and pick the cavs I ask why and they always say "Lebron he is just too good to lose." Last I checked he lost last year in the finals, and three years before that. Great teams trump great players any day of the week and this GS team is having a historic season, but gets no confidence from people because its GS doing it not one of the traditional powerhouses in the sports

Edited by PhillyLaker24, June 03, 2015 - 02:37 PM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#38 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Legend

• 16,680 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted June 03, 2015 - 03:18 PM

Warriors are special

Somehow i feel they wont stay together too long

Whether by injury[bogut]

money[green]

bigger roles[Livingston,Barnes,]

or them trying to get cute

[ trading Klay for depth[

#39 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,940 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted June 03, 2015 - 06:09 PM

Lebron is scary. Players who hang their hat on 3-point shooting are scary too, for a different reason. Live and die...

#40 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Hall Of Fame

• 8,982 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted June 03, 2015 - 10:32 PM

I like the warriors but I think the cavs will take this

this

"Friends come and go but banners hang forever."  - Kobe Bryant

0 user(s) are reading this topic